HI&RH Prince Georg Friedrich & HSH Princess Sophie von Isenburg, Aug 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The wedding - is catholic and protestant right?? Not only one of it... It look like special mixture of both. Am I right??
Exactly, it was an ecomenical wedding. This is quite frequent in Germany nowadays. In my grandparents days it still was no-go to have marriages of mixed confessions. Nowadays that's no problem anymore.

I am not liking Princess Sophie's dress. Hopefully, there will be some better pictures so I can see some of the details.

There is no denying that smile (from either of them really) or that tiara! All three are stunning! They look happy....Good for them!

2. what were the items the Protestant priest gave to the couple a few minutes ago? One was a book, another looked like an olive leaf...

Thanks!

The wedding bible, a olive leaf from the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem (he said that it was also a family tradition), a piece of leather with their wedding motto upon it and their marriage certificate.

A couple of things...who is the guy in the red suit? And what happened to the horse? Did he faint or fall over?

Two questions:

1. this may be totally off base but were the man and woman singing earlier on the upper level singing in Hebrew? I thought I recognised a few words. Perhaps part of the peace process and involvement of the couple?
EDIT: The man who sung is wearing a yarmulke now that I can see him, so i'm assuming they were singing in Hebrew. I think it's great they had things from different religions in their wedding.

2. what were the items the Protestant priest gave to the couple a few minutes ago? One was a book, another looked like an olive leaf...

Thanks!
1. Yes, they incorporated some jewish music into the service. That was because GF has strong connections to Jerusalem.
2. They received a wedding bible as a present from the church community, an olive branch from Jerusalem, a piece of leather with their wedding motto (sorry, I don't know the correct English expression) written by a jewish calligraph. ... Did I forget anything?

A couple of things...who is the guy in the red suit? And what happened to the horse? Did he faint or fall over?
Do you mean the guy who was interviewed when he arrived? That was the designer Wolfgang Joop, head of the label "Wunderkind". He's one of the best known designers in Germany.

Did some of the Thurn und Taxis family attend?
I didn't see either Prince Albert of Monaco or Princess Michael of Kent.

:previous: Ooo, which horse was that? When they were getting in the carriage the horse in the front left looked uncomfortable (from the heat maybe), was that the one?

I don't like Maria's of Russia headpiece and giant bow on her dress.:ermm:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

She certainly is never going to make the International Best Dressed list, let alon the Hall of Fame. Maybe she could be the inaugural member of the Hall of Shame instead.

The guy in the red suit is the designer of Sophie's wedding dress. I didn't see what happened to the horse....

I appreciate seeing Donata (I have always liked her and pix are so rare !) and Cordelia !

I was never disappointed by a weddingdress so much like this time. I liked her pre-wedding style. Not high fashion, but nice looking type-fitting clothes.

This dress was a mess!!!

The jacket was somehow okay and even the upper part was good. But the skirt...oh my dear what were they thinking.
Wolfgang Joop likes the - I don't no the name of that style - but quiletet stripe. Sophie's evening dress a the Monaco wedding was in that style either.
The dress would have been nice, if that striped stuff was somehow over the whole dress. But the tullepatches at the front lokked like she went through a shredder.
The shape in general was okay and fitted her type...but that skirt...and this dress was expensive ......

Her hairstyle and the tiara were nice.

My mother liked the dress because she said it was daringly.

Isenburg Tiara

Pictures and informations about the Isenburg Tiara and veil ( scroll down):
RoyalDish - Engagement of Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia
I don't where the Royal Dish poster obtained their so-called information but the Aosta tiara worn by Princess Astrid of Belgium and the wedding tiara worn by Princess Sophie are two completely different items.
I've checked the May 2004 Point de Vue cover story of the wedding of Princess Katharina von Isenburg and Archduke Martin of Austria-Este and her tiara also bears no resemblance whatsoever to the Aosta tiara.

v thumbnail: Princess Astrid, Aosta tiara
v attached images: Princess Sophie, Isenburg tiara
images heavily cropped and not subject to copyright

Attachments

• Isenburg tiara.jpg
    Isenburg tiara.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,103
  • Aosta Tiara.jpg
    Aosta Tiara.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 968
  • Isenburg tiara1.jpg
    Isenburg tiara1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,058
Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the designer.

In one of the galleries that Iceflower posted, there is a picture of the horses, and one of them appears to be have tripped/fainted/fallen down or whatever, and it looks like some people are trying to help him get situated.

I don't where the Royal Dish poster obtained their so-called information but the Aosta tiara worn by Princess Astrid of Belgium and the wedding tiara worn by Princess Sophie are two completely different items.
I've checked the May 2004 Point de Vue cover story of the wedding of Princess Katharina von Isenburg and Archduke Martin of Austria-Este and her tiara also bears no resemblance whatsoever to the Aosta tiara.

I was so confused by this!

Photo from Getty Images
The Hapsburgs look like they are going to a funeral. Or are they still in mourning for Archduke Otto?

Photo from Reuters Pictures
Here's the picture of the downed horse.

In one of the galleries that Iceflower posted, there is a picture of the horses, and one of them appears to be have tripped/fainted/fallen down or whatever, and it looks like some people are trying to help him get situated.

I think it happened just before the couple left the church. I don't know why but it got up again and seemed fine afterwards.

I might be in the minority here but I really like Sophie's dress. It was a great combination of fairytale and modern times, and it seemed to be just like how she is. A modern woman with traditional background. And I like woman who dare something and I'm not too keen on seeing the same wedding dress styles over and over again.

I agree with you on that one. Seeing the same strapless wedding dress is getting a bit old. With the many pictures, you do get an idea of the detail in the particular dress. Still not a fan fan but its not bad just her style.And she still looks stunning with the smile, her happy groom and the tiara. That won't change because of the dress.

Glad that the horse is okay. It didn't look too good (the way it was twisted) in the pictures. And you don't want to excite the other horses...that wouldn't be good.

:previous:Information about tiaras often gets messed up. For example rbb mixed up the Isenburg tiara and the Prussian meander tiara. They showed this picture http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/46026/2619887580105578647S600x600Q85.jpg and said that it had belonged to Georg Friedrich's grandmother and that Sophie was going to wear it for the gala dinner in the evening. Actually the picture shows the Isenburg tiara (and I really wish that the screen shot had a better quality :sad:), which Sophie wore for the wedding service.

IMO the bride's dress was awful, but I don't mind since the joy you can see in the couple's faces is enough.
For me, the great thing about this wedding is the crowd of royals that were there.
Sadly the pictures that I've seen till now don't have captions.
Can someone explain me who these people are? [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

I really love the dress ! Perfect looking IMO ! They are VERY cute together

I was so confused by this!

Photo from Getty Images
The Hapsburgs look like they are going to a funeral. Or are they still in mourning for Archduke Otto?

Photo from Reuters Pictures
Here's the picture of the downed horse.
I also though that the Habsburg ladies were still in mourning for Archduke Otto. I can see no other reason why both of them would wear black for a wedding. After all it is only a few weeks since the funeral.

Good that the horse was ok. I think it might have tripped because of excitement. These horses aren't used to all the crowds and seemed pretty nervous.

Were the three children in nautical dress the attendants? There was only one photo of them

I also though that the Habsburg ladies were still in mourning for Archduke Otto. I can see no other reason why both of them would wear black for a wedding. After all it is only a few weeks since the funeral.

Yes, I also noticed that they are in mourning: they both wore black yesterday night and today. And I was wondering: is the rule that don't allow to wear black at weddings that has an exception in case of mourning or is the rule of black dressing during the mourning that has an exception in case of a wedding? Or maybe the rule is that people in mourning are not going to weddings?

Back
Top Bottom