The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Did any of the Hannover show up?
Princess Monika of Hannover attended the wedding. She is the widow of the late Prince Ernst August (IV), and the stepmother of the current Prince Ernst August.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
You can find the discussion about the title in the forum of non reigning families - german and austrian families.

Sophie was a Serene Highness until her wedding and now she is at least a Royal highness like the other prussians. It's under discussion if Georg ( and so Sophie) is also an imperial highness.
All princes and princesses of the prussian were always royal hignesses, even in imperial times. Only the crown prince couple had the title imperial and royal highness, because the Imperor was just elected.
The last real imperial highness was his grandfather Louis Ferdinand, because he became head of the house and was born before the monarchy was abolished.
Actually Georg shouldn't be imperial highness anymore, but some people are so polite to call him like that.

That's just a little explanation - please let's stay at the topic WEDDING.

Dear Seraphine, Dear Auntie,

this is so not just accurate. The Emperor of the German Empire was not elected. I addressed this topic in this forum on another site "Titles, Legal Status, Precedence and other related matters of the Hohenzollerns". The German Empire formed a Federation of souvereign states. To say it clearly: There was NO prince ranking higher than others. The chairman of the presidium of the German Empire was named German Kaiser and was hereditary in the line of the Kings of Prussia. By this the German Kaiser was "primus inter pares" (first among equals). So the Royal House of Prussia did not became the Imperial House of Germany, which would have ment that the other kings and princes would be "down ranked". There would have been no majority among the German Princes to form a Kaiser von (of) Germany.
So You can speak of the title of German Kaiser just as an official title of the head of state. There was only one other official title used by a Prussian Prince and this was the title of the Kronprinz des Deutschen Reiches (Crown Prince of the German Empire) which was used by the Prussian Crown Prince. All other Sons of the King of Prussia (and German Kaiser) stayed Prince of Prussia. So there never had been an "Imperial House" of Prussia.

You cand find the whole text here:
Titles, Legal Status, Precedence and other related matters of the Hohenzollerns

Prince Louis Ferdinand was addressed (also by politely reasons, except for monarchists) Imperial Highness and Royal Highness because he was born in 1907 before the monarchy was abolished and was the heir to the throne. He became head of the house of Prussia in 1951 when Crown Prince Wilhelm died.

Sorry for the little excursion but I think such facts are important.

Regards
Alex R.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I'm picturing it sans bolero jacket-train, with a new Order of the Something, the Prussian Meander tiara, and other assorted diamonds and she's looking very regal
Yes! I agree that the dress would improve substantially sans the blouse-like top part. I do think that you're being very kind and generous to call it a "bolero jacket".... I usually think of a bolero jacket as something more along these lines
(scroll down): Fall Checklist, Part 1: Our Top Fall Trends To Take Home Now

It would have been so much better without the collar and especially without those terrible lapels!
Old 08-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Georg Friedrich Ferdinand of Prussia & Sophie of Isenburg Married (PHOTOS)
Old 08-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely photos, Al_bina! So nice to see them without the watermarks. Also some new ones that I have not seen. Thank you for sharing. :)
Old 08-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Aristocracy

Can anybody post pictures of the back of the gown? Or post links that have good shots of the train and veil? They were available on some of the news sites, but the links have "shifted" and now I can't find the pics! (I should have known to save the pics when I was looking at them the other day!)
Old 08-30-2011, 04:50 AM
Courtier

I just loved Princress Sophie's gown. So chic. So timeless and so elegant. The designer Wolfgang Joop really created a master piece. The bias pleated bodice was simple and beautiful. The bolero jacket with soft lapels just complimented the entire picture. The classic tiara and long veil were just too enchanting for words. A truely lovely gown for a very radiant bride.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:34 AM
Courtier

Point de Vue *.:.* En Couverture
And of course the newly-weds are on the cover of the latest "Point de vue"!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarat View Post
I saw info in website oggi.it that princess Margherita of Savoy-Aosta attended the wedding but I don't remember to have seen her on photos.
No photos of her, but she was seen several times in the live streaming: she was sitting behind the bride's mother, between the bride's sister and her son, archduke Martin. She was wearing pink, with a big hat.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
No photos of her, but she was seen several times in the live streaming: she was sitting behind the bride's mother, between the bride's sister and her son, archduke Martin. She was wearing pink, with a big hat.
Thank you Amadea- it means that I will need to check some video instead of photos...
Old 08-31-2011, 05:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saschana View Post
For amedea

151: I'm pretty sure she is a Princess of Prussia, too, or at least related to GF in some way. I have seen her before but can't remember her name.
That's Princess Monika of Hanover (stepmother of Prince Ernst August) of course. How could not know her name...
Old 08-31-2011, 06:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

To Amadea
I should like to see her with her Aosta tiara she loans always to Princess Astrid of the Belgians. We have no pictures of the glittering event (50 tiaras) inside Sans Souci SAD!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:43 AM
Nobility

The gala dinner wasn't at Sanssoucci but at the Orangery. And I have heard that they are photos available on other forums that royal watchers who were in Potsdam have taken. So we will have to wait until they will hopefully post them on their respective blogs.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Nobility

The bunte brings a special about the couple tomorrow. May be they have a special contract and show the pictures exclusively.

Because: it doesn't make any sense to say "The bride will wear the Mäander tiara" and then not to show just one single picture.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Nobility

Here are two pictures of the bride plus one of her sister, the Princess of Wied.

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Okay, here we go...

Remember not to post them anywhere else
Old 08-31-2011, 11:09 AM
Nobility

Thank you very much Saschana. What a salvation you brought .

To answer the Isenburg tiara question at Katharina's wedding to Arcduke Martin finally:

Here is a picture of Isabelle's wedding - same tiara, same setting on the hat.

Royal Weddings Message Board: weddingpicture Wied/Isenburg
Old 08-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saschana View Post
Here are two pictures of the bride plus one of her sister, the Princess of Wied.

Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Okay, here we go...

Remember not to post them anywhere else
It's just as I'd imagined (minus the order and more diamonds)!

Quote:
Here is a picture of Isabelle's wedding - same tiara, same setting on the hat.

Royal Weddings Message Board: weddingpicture Wied/Isenburg
That looks like a different tiara than Sophie's wedding tiara to me, but maybe it's just the angle.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
It's just as I'd imagined (minus the order and more diamonds)!

That looks like a different tiara than Sophie's wedding tiara to me, but maybe it's just the angle.

Compare: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

May be the Isenburgs have two tiaras ?

There is no reason why Katahrina's wedding tiara is an austrian tiara, because in that way Isabelle, who married 6 years before, wouldn't have worn it.

http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranjes/
Old 08-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Commoner

Thanks for all the photos with diaras. What a relief for all the Ladies here ;-)
Thank You Seraphine for the hint concerning the BUNTE tomorrow.
It is so sad the rhe rbb did not post a camera at the entrance of the Orangerie. It was planned that they could do so. Maybe they backed off because of the negativ criticism they got reporting live three hours from the wedding itself. But I really cannot say.

Regards
Alex R.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Compare: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

May be the Isenburgs have two tiaras ?

There is no reason why Katahrina's wedding tiara is an austrian tiara, because in that way Isabelle, who married 6 years before, wouldn't have worn it.

Glittering Royal Events Message Board
I am pretty sure that it is the same floral tiara. It only looks different on Sophie because of her sleek hairstyle. On both her sisters the tiara base sinks into the hair so that we see less of the tiara and the impression is different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzerAdler View Post
Thanks for all the photos with diaras. What a relief for all the Ladies here ;-)
Thank You Seraphine for the hint concerning the BUNTE tomorrow.
It is so sad the rhe rbb did not post a camera at the entrance of the Orangerie. It was planned that they could do so. Maybe they backed off because of the negativ criticism they got reporting live three hours from the wedding itself. But I really cannot say.

Regards
Alex R.
It is still strange that there were no photographers at the Orangerie entrance. But I'm not yet giving up hope for more pictures to appear. Those pictures of Sophie with the meander tiara are a real treat. She looks so elegant and the tiara is stunning.

Tags
hohenzollern, isenburg, prince georg friedrich, princess sophie of prussia, prussia