HI&RH Archduke Imre of Austria & Miss Kathleen Walker: 8 September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A link to tageblatt.lu, with lots of pictures:

Tageblatt Online - Erzherzog Imre heiratet Kathleen Walker - People

It seems that all the children of prince Jean attended the wedding. The captions identify Princess Marie Gabrielle, Prince Constantin, Prince Wenceslas and Prince Carl-Johann.

Maria Beatrice of Arco-Zinneberg (sister of Lorenz) also attended, as did her daughter, who is supposed to be dating prince Napoleon.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on why Maria-Teresa wasn't there?

The family seems so close and to have had a lovely day together. the bride's dress wasn't to my taste but it's her day! I have to say I really liked the men in their suits and thought they looked very smart.

On a side note my dad was helping a friend bring in silage today. He was taking a tractor down the road and was waved down by a man standing in the road. He obviously stopped and opened the cab door to see what was wrong. The man climbed up, thrust a bible in my dads face and proceeded to tell him he was a disgrace and should be ashamed of himself for farming on the Lord's day! Reminded me of Katie!

The caption to picture 28 reads "Herzogin Marie-Thérèse von Croy und Prinz Carl-Philipp" (Duchess Marie-Thérèse von Croy and Prince Carl-Philipp").
It seems that there is a mistake in the caption, as the Duchess von Croy is Alexandra (the mother of Carl Philipp), and Marie-Thérèse von Croy (Countess von Walderdorff by marriage, the aunt of Prince Carl Philipp) is not a Duchess but a Princess.
So, does anyone know who is the lady portrayed in the picture? Duchess Alexandra or Princess Marie-Thérèse?

Who is Claire Lademacher? Prince Felix of Luxembourg looked quite dashing.
Claire is Prince Felix' girlfriend. They met while studying in Rome.
They have been inseparable for quite some time now; among other events, they attended Princess Maria Galitzine's party together.

Thanks for the information!:flowers:
Well ... Ms. Lademacher is lovely. I guess Prince Felix will be the next to settle down.

Thanks for the information!:flowers:
Well ... Ms. Lademacher is lovely. I guess Prince Felix will be the next to settle down.
You are welcome. :)
Felix and Claire have been going pretty strong for quite some time now, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the next engagement announcement is his.

They have been inseparable for quite some time now; among other events, they attended Princess Maria Galitzine's party together.

She's stunningly beautiful.

Which I read online is the world's most expensive private boarding school.

Ski lessons are MANDATORY believe it or not. Guillaume went there too for awhile.

If it wasn't for the Duke and Duchess of Braganca, the Luxembourg royals and a few select other guests I wouldn't have known this is a royal wedding.
1) Black Stretch Hummer as transportation? I mean my family isn't royal and when my cousin was married his Bride traveled in a white Rolls Royce.
2) She just climbs up the stairs and calls out "come on dad", real princess like...
3) Fake Jewelry? Couldn't his mother find something more suitable then fake pearls anyway??
4) Mother of the groom holding the microphone for her husband to make a speech, come one we couldn't get a microphone stand and a wireless mic?
Well that's all I have to say about that, all though I don't really like her she did look good and seemed genuinely happy, because I did have my doubts about her intentions.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the dress either; like certain elements but it didn't seem to gel. My biggest problem was the bodice. The lace illusion neckline was nice, but it clashed with the ruching on the bodice and the puffy ball gown skirt. I think if the bodice area were different (i.e. no rushing), the overall effect would have worked better. Loved the veil, the same one Marie-Christine wore, and wished Kathleen featured it more prominently like her sister-in-law. I did think her makeup and hair were done very well though.

I agree completely on all counts... except that I thought that Kathleen showcased the veil very well. It's difficult to drape a wedding veil, and whoever did it for her certainly knew what they were doing.

He is studying in Poland? Studying what and where? In Warsaw or Cracow?

At the time of their engagement last December, it was reported that Imre was a student at the University of Poland, but no more details were given.

House of Habsburg celebrates double engagement - National Royal News | Examiner.com

On second thought, I remember reading elsewhere that he was studying European Affairs in Poland. It's possible that he has finished his course of study by now; I don't know.

Last edited:
Which I read online is the world's most expensive private boarding school.

Ski lessons are MANDATORY believe it or not. Guillaume went there too for awhile.

More expensive than Le Rosey? Guillaume went there as well :D

jonc93 I agree with everything you said though I still have doubts about her intentions. Didn't she remark about HAVING to meet Imre at whatever the event in the US was where they first met? It's not like they fell in love and then she realised who he was. She's always been aiming for this.

American Dane, I know that Guillaume attended both schools, but it's very confusing...are the schools combined...sort of like Harvard/Radcliffe?

All I know is that I was blown away when I went online and read about Alpin Beau Soleil.....!!:eek:

The most pampered and privileged youngsters on the planet. :ermm:

Last edited:

jonc93 I agree with everything you said though I still have doubts about her intentions. Didn't she remark about HAVING to meet Imre at whatever the event in the US was where they first met? It's not like they fell in love and then she realised who he was. She's always been aiming for this.

There was a facebook posting of a mass in honor of Karl of Austria in which Imre will be there. Katie posted that she "must meet him" since she is a fan of Empress Zita of Austria so much so that she started a fanpage for her on facebook.

American Dane, I know that Guillaume attended both schools, but it's very confusing...are the schools combined...sort of like Harvard/Radcliffe?

No, I believe Beau Soleil and Le Rosey are just two different very expensive Swiss boarding school.

All I know is that I was blown away I went online and read about Alpin Beau Soleil.....!!:eek:

The most pampered and privileged youngsters on the planet. :ermm:

Le Rosey has been attended by not only Guillaume but Rainier III, Albert II of Belgium, Marie Chantal, Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy, among other high profile people. Pampered indeed :whistling:

Princess Marie of Denmark went to Beau Soleil apparently (according to wikipedia). Hmm, I wasn't aware of that.

I don't believe they are connected and I think Beau Soleil is what Le Rosey was years ago. I think maybe that was why Guillaume was moved from the latter to the former.

Sorry mods for going a bit off-topic :)

There was a facebook posting of a mass in honor of Karl of Austria in which Imre will be there. Katie posted that she "must meet him" since she is a fan of Empress Zita of Austria so much so that she started a fanpage for her on facebook.

Thanks for that. That is the one I was thinking of. Pretty much confirms my thought that she just wanted to join the Habsburgs regardless of love for Irme.

It's so ironic, because I have read a little about Katie's idol Empress Zita. She was a hard core traditionalist and a snob who probably would have moved Heaven and Earth to keep an American commoner like Ms. Walker out of her family.

She simply would have been appalled.

yes, that's right. she mentioned how excited she was about him coming to this shrine and said "she had to meet him". but who knows, maybe she had to meet him because she's such a fan of the blessed shrine and thought it was really good that someone so close to karl came to visit. we will never know. but that's what she said. in any case, it takes two to tango, so i guess imre saw something in katie as well...

It's so ironic, because I have read a little about Katie's idol Empress Zita. She was a hard core traditionalist and a snob who probably would have moved Heaven and Earth to keep an American commoner like Ms. Walker out of her family.

She simply would have been appalled.
that's ironic indeed. i am unfamiliar with empress zita, so thanks for enlightening us.

Originally Posted by Artemisia

i am also a fan of claire. she's beautiful and always looks impecable. felix chose very well!
is there more info available on her?

Last edited:
I agree completely on all counts... except that I thought that Kathleen showcased the veil very well. It's difficult to drape a wedding veil, and whoever did it for her certainly knew what they were doing.
I guess I misspoke. It wasn't that the veil wasn't showcased, it clashed with the lace sleeves on her dress but draping it over the shoulders. I really loved the way Marie-Christine wore it and how Princess Claire wore her lace veil with a lace top, brushed away from and behind the shoulders. Especially with her puffy ballgown skirt, wearing it the veil like that make her look proportionally off up top.

Archduchess Rudolf (born Marie Hélène de Villenfagne) wore the Habsburg Ladies family Order (black ribbon) and not Archduchess Marie-Astrid.
I suppose because she is the eldest son’s wife ?

A big thank you to Carl Christian for acknowledging the role of the USA in the liberation of Europe.

Her dress sure looks a lot like Princess Claire's. I loved Claire's but I'm not sure if I like Kathleen's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom