The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

A link to tageblatt.lu, with lots of pictures:

Tageblatt Online - Erzherzog Imre heiratet Kathleen Walker - People

It seems that all the children of prince Jean attended the wedding. The captions identify Princess Marie Gabrielle, Prince Constantin, Prince Wenceslas and Prince Carl-Johann.

Maria Beatrice of Arco-Zinneberg (sister of Lorenz) also attended, as did her daughter, who is supposed to be dating prince Napoleon.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Any thoughts on why Maria-Teresa wasn't there?

Old 09-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Royal Highness

The family seems so close and to have had a lovely day together. the bride's dress wasn't to my taste but it's her day! I have to say I really liked the men in their suits and thought they looked very smart.

On a side note my dad was helping a friend bring in silage today. He was taking a tractor down the road and was waved down by a man standing in the road. He obviously stopped and opened the cab door to see what was wrong. The man climbed up, thrust a bible in my dads face and proceeded to tell him he was a disgrace and should be ashamed of himself for farming on the Lord's day! Reminded me of Katie!
Old 09-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

Tageblatt Online - Erzherzog Imre heiratet Kathleen Walker - People
The caption to picture 28 reads "Herzogin Marie-Thérèse von Croy und Prinz Carl-Philipp" (Duchess Marie-Thérèse von Croy and Prince Carl-Philipp").
It seems that there is a mistake in the caption, as the Duchess von Croy is Alexandra (the mother of Carl Philipp), and Marie-Thérèse von Croy (Countess von Walderdorff by marriage, the aunt of Prince Carl Philipp) is not a Duchess but a Princess.
So, does anyone know who is the lady portrayed in the picture? Duchess Alexandra or Princess Marie-Thérèse?
Old 09-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

Tageblatt Online - Erzherzog Imre heiratet Kathleen Walker - People... [snipped]
Who is Claire Lademacher? Prince Felix of Luxembourg looked quite dashing. It was interesting that Archduchess Marie-Christine was referred to as Gräfin.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Who is Claire Lademacher? Prince Felix of Luxembourg looked quite dashing.
Claire is Prince Felix' girlfriend. They met while studying in Rome.
They have been inseparable for quite some time now; among other events, they attended Princess Maria Galitzine's party together.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the information!
Well ... Ms. Lademacher is lovely. I guess Prince Felix will be the next to settle down.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Thanks for the information!
Well ... Ms. Lademacher is lovely. I guess Prince Felix will be the next to settle down.
You are welcome.
Felix and Claire have been going pretty strong for quite some time now, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the next engagement announcement is his.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
They have been inseparable for quite some time now; among other events, they attended Princess Maria Galitzine's party together.
She's stunningly beautiful.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Actually they met while both of them were attending the Swiss boarding school Collège Alpin International Beau Soleil.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Which I read online is the world's most expensive private boarding school.

Ski lessons are MANDATORY believe it or not. Guillaume went there too for awhile.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Serene Highness

If it wasn't for the Duke and Duchess of Braganca, the Luxembourg royals and a few select other guests I wouldn't have known this is a royal wedding.
1) Black Stretch Hummer as transportation? I mean my family isn't royal and when my cousin was married his Bride traveled in a white Rolls Royce.
2) She just climbs up the stairs and calls out "come on dad", real princess like...
3) Fake Jewelry? Couldn't his mother find something more suitable then fake pearls anyway??
4) Mother of the groom holding the microphone for her husband to make a speech, come one we couldn't get a microphone stand and a wireless mic?
Well that's all I have to say about that, all though I don't really like her she did look good and seemed genuinely happy, because I did have my doubts about her intentions.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge View Post
Not a fan of the dress either; like certain elements but it didn't seem to gel. My biggest problem was the bodice. The lace illusion neckline was nice, but it clashed with the ruching on the bodice and the puffy ball gown skirt. I think if the bodice area were different (i.e. no rushing), the overall effect would have worked better. Loved the veil, the same one Marie-Christine wore, and wished Kathleen featured it more prominently like her sister-in-law. I did think her makeup and hair were done very well though.
I agree completely on all counts... except that I thought that Kathleen showcased the veil very well. It's difficult to drape a wedding veil, and whoever did it for her certainly knew what they were doing.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by marta19pl View Post
He is studying in Poland? Studying what and where? In Warsaw or Cracow?
At the time of their engagement last December, it was reported that Imre was a student at the University of Poland, but no more details were given.

House of Habsburg celebrates double engagement - National Royal News | Examiner.com

On second thought, I remember reading elsewhere that he was studying European Affairs in Poland. It's possible that he has finished his course of study by now; I don't know.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Which I read online is the world's most expensive private boarding school.

Ski lessons are MANDATORY believe it or not. Guillaume went there too for awhile.
More expensive than Le Rosey? Guillaume went there as well

jonc93 I agree with everything you said though I still have doubts about her intentions. Didn't she remark about HAVING to meet Imre at whatever the event in the US was where they first met? It's not like they fell in love and then she realised who he was. She's always been aiming for this.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Heir Apparent

American Dane, I know that Guillaume attended both schools, but it's very confusing...are the schools combined...sort of like Harvard/Radcliffe?

All I know is that I was blown away when I went online and read about Alpin Beau Soleil.....!!

The most pampered and privileged youngsters on the planet.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
More expensive than Le Rosey? Guillaume went there as well

jonc93 I agree with everything you said though I still have doubts about her intentions. Didn't she remark about HAVING to meet Imre at whatever the event in the US was where they first met? It's not like they fell in love and then she realised who he was. She's always been aiming for this.
There was a facebook posting of a mass in honor of Karl of Austria in which Imre will be there. Katie posted that she "must meet him" since she is a fan of Empress Zita of Austria so much so that she started a fanpage for her on facebook.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Gentry

Quote:
American Dane, I know that Guillaume attended both schools, but it's very confusing...are the schools combined...sort of like Harvard/Radcliffe?
No, I believe Beau Soleil and Le Rosey are just two different very expensive Swiss boarding school.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:

All I know is that I was blown away I went online and read about Alpin Beau Soleil.....!!

The most pampered and privileged youngsters on the planet.
Le Rosey has been attended by not only Guillaume but Rainier III, Albert II of Belgium, Marie Chantal, Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy, among other high profile people. Pampered indeed

Princess Marie of Denmark went to Beau Soleil apparently (according to wikipedia). Hmm, I wasn't aware of that.

I don't believe they are connected and I think Beau Soleil is what Le Rosey was years ago. I think maybe that was why Guillaume was moved from the latter to the former.

Sorry mods for going a bit off-topic
Old 09-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSonatta View Post
There was a facebook posting of a mass in honor of Karl of Austria in which Imre will be there. Katie posted that she "must meet him" since she is a fan of Empress Zita of Austria so much so that she started a fanpage for her on facebook.
Thanks for that. That is the one I was thinking of. Pretty much confirms my thought that she just wanted to join the Habsburgs regardless of love for Irme.

Tags
habsburg