The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
The Grand Duke is scheduled to be at the closing of the Paralympic Games on Sunday.

Surely having the Grand Dukes 4 children as well as brother Guillaume and sister Margrethe is more than enough to represent Luxembourg at his nephews wedding.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful bride! Looks like a gorgeous wedding

Old 09-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Courtier

They're a very attractive couple, and I really liked Kathleen's dress. Modest, but not dowdy.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
The Grand Duke is scheduled to be at the closing of the Paralympic Games on Sunday.
Surely having the Grand Dukes 4 children as well as brother Guillaume and sister Margrethe is more than enough to represent Luxembourg at his nephews wedding.
Very well. I also find that moderately persuasive... but only moderately, given that the Paralympic Games are being held not in Luxembourg but in London, and that not every Head of State is traveling to London to support his/her country's athletes. Besides, the Paralympic Games still don't explain the absence of the Grand Duchess from the wedding.

This is an important family event; the Grand Duke is Imre's uncle, and it is a very closely knit family. The couple's engagement took place nine months ago, and the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess weren't there, either. On a tangential note, I also found it odd that there is no evidence - at least yet - that Archduchess Constanza of Austria (Princess of Auersperg-Trautson by marriage) attended the wedding, and she is both Imre's aunt and godmother.

Also, how come there was no one from the Belgian royal family? Several of its members - Crown Prince Philip, his sister Princess Astrid, her daughter Princess Maria-Laura, Dowager Queen Fabiola - were at the wedding of Imre's sister Marie-Christine with Count Rodolphe de Limburg-Stirum. I understand that today's wedding was in Washington, D.C. and therefore quite a distance to travel... it would have been extremely difficult for Queen Fabiola to make the trip... but not a single person, really?

By contrast, I must say that I was delighted to see the Duke and Duchess of Bragan
ça in attendance. But, of course, they are not reigning monarchs.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Nobility

I just re-read the Royal Musings blog post with the photos. A stretch Hummer... really??
Old 09-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypoint2 View Post
Very well. I also find that moderately persuasive... but only moderately...
It seems to me like you're looking far too into why some members are missing as oppose to the fact that some may just have schedule conflicts.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSonatta View Post
It seems to me like you're looking far too into why some members are missing as oppose to the fact that some may just have schedule conflicts.
Yes, it's certainly possible... but that's a lot of scheduling conflicts, and I remain surprised by the absence of people who are close family (i.e., the Grand Duke and Duchess).
Old 09-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Gentry

As NGalitzine said, the Grand Duke has the paraolympic closing ceremony to attend tomorrow and as for the Grand Duchess, idk, maybe she has another private engagement she has to attend to or she decided to stay home to look after Stephanie or doing wedding preparation for her own son.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Nobility

Here's another set of photos from Royal Musings... where we can even catch a glimpse of the stretch Hummer! The order of service with their wedding vows is also worth seeing:

Royal Musings: Archduke Imre and Archduchess Kathleen of Austria
Old 09-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Aristocracy

Tessy was not there. The photographer from Luxpress took very few of the arrival photos apart from Marie Astrid and Christian, the bride, etc. The Luxpress photographer and the wedding photographer were inside and also at the reception. The official wedding photos were taken at the reception. The church is very small.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSonatta View Post
There will be more higher-quality pictures to come from Revue/Tageblatt, according to Marlene.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Gentry

ugh...hummer limo are so hideous. They should've just left in a regular car.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Serene Highness

It is possible that Maria Teresa and Henri may still be said to be in mourning. Stephanie's mother was buried only a short time ago, and of course Stephanie may need extra help to make her transition to Berg, and help. Yes it would have been nice if Tessy were there.
Alexandra's skirt was too short--looked nice but did not look like the dress of a princess in her twenties. They don't look in their own mirrors. Clare, the friend of Felix, looked lovely and her dress was also lovely and knee length. in her high heels she towered over Prince Louis.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I just re-read the Royal Musings blog post with the photos. A stretch Hummer... really??
That's tacky. Stretch Hummers are for Mississippi proms, not for royal weddings.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Somehow, a stretch Hummer seems to be the most perfect possible vehicle for these two...yes.

The more I think about it, it's an inspired choice of transportation for Katie and Imre!

Princess Sibilla looked perfect as always, but Alexandra's outfit was waay too short for Church and someone should have told her that.

I am not at all surprised that Henri and MT and Guillaume and Stephanie did not attend.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Somehow, a stretch Hummer seems to be the most perfect possible vehicle for these two...yes.

The more I think about it, it's an inspired choice of transportation for Katie and Imre!
It does rather fit.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel1 View Post
It is possible that Maria Teresa and Henri may still be said to be in mourning. Stephanie's mother was buried only a short time ago, and of course Stephanie may need extra help to make her transition to Berg, and help.
Now, that I buy. The future Grand Duchess is in mourning, so the current Grand Duke and Duchess carry on with royal duties but refrain from attending a family celebration, such as this wedding. If this is the case, it is a lovely act of solidarity and kindness toward Stephanie, who must be going through a very difficult time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
That's tacky. Stretch Hummers are for Mississippi proms, not for royal weddings.
Can you picture Archduke Carl-Christian and Princess Marie Astrid in a stretch Hummer? I can only imagine what Imre's grandfather, AD Carl Ludwig would have said about the whole thing.... He and some of his brothers signed up to fight in World War II among U.S. troops (in the 101st Infantry batallion, I believe) , and they were apparently very conscious of their royal rank and made sure that everyone else was, too.

On a different subject: according to a "paper" that Imre and Kathleen have published, they will reach their wedding night (which is taking place right now, I suppose) as virgins: http://iffd.org/wp-content/uploads/2...Papers05EN.pdf

Probably more information about their personal life than I needed to know, but there you have it. Perhaps Katie's fondness for speaking publicly is rubbing off on Imre....
Old 09-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Well, according to a "paper" that Imre and Kathleen have published, they will reach their wedding night (which is taking place right now, I suppose) as virgins: http://iffd.org/wp-content/uploads/2...Papers05EN.pdf

Probably more information about their personal life than I needed to know, but there you have it. Perhaps Katie's fondness for speaking publicly is rubbing off on Imre....
Oh, gag me.

There are few things less attractive than young people with no life experience who feel qualified to lecture others on the One Right And Proper Way to live. By all means, they should make whatever choices they want to make about their personal lives and live in accordance with their own beliefs, but the moral superiority and the barely concealed disdain for those who don't make the same choices they've made is really, really unappealing.

These two are officially my least favorite couple followed by the Royal Forums.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree. I know very little about the young man but from what I have read about his wife she s not someone I would care to meet. I hope Mr and Mrs Habsburg quickly fade away.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I agree. I know very little about the young man but from what I have read about his wife she s not someone I would care to meet. I hope Mr and Mrs Habsburg quickly fade away.
Oh, if only that were their titles. I can't believe she's an Archduchess now. You know she'll use that for all it's worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

They're made for each other, that's for sure.
Even Mississippi proms with taste or class don't have stretch hummers Perhaps this was Katie's contribution to the wedding planning. She's certainly proven she has neither class nor taste.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Let's leave the bride/groom alone for their choice of transportation. It's wedding season, they're not the only couple in need of a limo. With the size of the bridal party, it may have been a good choice.

Tags
habsburg