HI&RH Archduke Christoph of Austria and Adélaïde Drapé-Frisch; 28 & 29 December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tessy may be even more than five months pregnant if that picture you put up, Artemesia, tells the truth. Well, anyway, it becomes her!

I always thought that unless an official announcement is made, pregnancy speculation is not allowed on this forum.
I know it was strictly enforced in the British Royal Family threads.

Last edited:
What day will adelaide and imre celebrate as their wedding anniversary? Thank you in advance. Would be nice to celebrate twice?

Like most if not all aristocratic and Catholic Royal couples, the day that union is solemnized in Church is considered the "real" wedding date, therefore that is the day the anniversary is celebrated.

Adelaide's dress was nice, elegant and appropriate for a winter royal wedding. However, I think her sister-in-law Marie-Christine pulled off the fur cuffs and the antique veil a little better. Adelaide's sleeves seemed a bit long and the cuffs were swallowing her hands. I'm wondering if we'll see any pictures of the reception and thus, get a glimpse of the dress under the jacket.
In terms of guests, the shortness of Claire's dress didn't bother me as much (her legs were covered by tights) as the weirdly prominent zippers in the front of the dress. Kathleen looked nice in her coat but I'm not digging the hat. Her hairdo is nice but is too flat for the pillbox hats she's been wearing to weddings. Marie-Christine, unfortunately, found a poncho/cape that looks like a potato sack with fur trim. I'm hoping she's got a nicer outfit underneath.

Empress Rouge, when commenting about the shortness of Claire's dress, I didn't mean it was immodest. Yes, her legs were covered by thick tights. I was commenting on the ungracefulness of this pairing of short skirt and thick tights, which I think is not appropriate after the age of, say, 15.
My French teacher in college would agree the madamoiselles become old enough to dress like adult women at about that age. But of course we live in a strange time.

What day will adelaide and imre celebrate as their wedding anniversary?

A small correction to what was probably an inadvertent mistake in your post: Adélaïde married Christoph, not Imre. But I'm sure you knew that! :flowers:

Yes the crowds looked delightful and supportive, didn't they? I also love the fact that the bride and groom opened their ceremony to the citizens of Nancy.

The entire setting was very beautiful and had a fairy tale vibe to it, imo.

Yes the crowds looked delightful and supportive, didn't they? I also love the fact that the bride and groom opened their ceremony to the citizens of Nancy.

The entire setting was very beautiful and had a fairy tale vibe to it, imo.

They did indeed and I agree Nancy was a beautiful setting for the wedding!

I loved looking at the pictures of this wedding. My best-dressed lady was the grooms cousin Alexandra. Her dress was so pretty! I thought the bride's dress was nice, but I would really like to see how it looks under that coat. And some closeups of the tiara, which seemed very small. I hope we get to see some photos of the ceremony-the cathedral is so beautiful!

What a lovely and happy couple. It's just beaming out from them on the scale of the flash after a Nuclear Bomb's gone off. :D

I love Adelaide's gown. Gorgeous and so perfect for a Winter Wedding. Only thing I don't like is how she's wearing the veil apart from the Tiara. I don't like that look at all and think it looks a bit sloppy. I'd love to see that trend go by the way side in Bridal looks. That's just me though.

The little ones look adorable and love the colour choices for them.

As far as Tessy and isn't she or is she, just remember this...

She's wearing a very dark colour and that can really trick the eye and be very slimming.

I'm just sayin... ;)

I'd love Tessy to be but the pix at the religious wedding contradict it....

In regard the pregnancy speculation regarding Tessy, it's time to move on.

As previously stated it is speculative until it is confirmed by the Grand Ducal court or its just plain obvious (as they did not previously confirm Prince Noah). Either way, its off topic.

Thanks!

Zonk
TRF Administrator

None of the Nassau and Liechtenstein cousins?
No one from Belgium?

The newest Archduchess of Austria was a really fairytale-bride.

I wish them all the best for their marriage.

I believe that marie-astrid isnt the only one 'recycling' an outfit (in her case a suit that her mother wore during the enthronement of GD henri). Is it possible that marie-christine wears a coat and hat that was worn by archduchess catharina at another wedding? The outfit looks very familiar.

Did any other Habsburgs attend apart from the immidiate family?

The wedding seemed to have a fantastic atmosphere! Christophe seems like such a relaxed, charming man and Adelaide is so princessy - demure, quiet and distinguished.

I wasn't a fan of the wedding dress or the outfits of the page Boys and flower girls or the bride's maid. But I loved that Adelaide wore a tiara of the gd family - as opposed to Kathleen: wonder if there was a special reason to this, maybe the fact the wedding was in Washington so fairly far from Luxembourg to ship jewels of importance? - and her gorgeous white civil wedding ceremony outfit. I wonder who made it for her - same designer as the religious ceremony dress? I think it was a great choice.

Otherwise and as usual I loved seeing the Luxembourg ladies, MT, stephanie, tessy, claire and alexandra, there's a lovely vibe about them when they are together. The Lux family is perhaps the one I most get a genuine sense of closeness, and stephanie, tessy, claire are great additions to an otherwise male dominated family :)

and her gorgeous white civil wedding ceremony outfit. I wonder who made it for her - same designer as the religious ceremony dress? I think it was a great choice.
According to this site Luxembourg: First Impressions the religious wedding dress was a custom Diane Lelys and it seems they only make wedding dresses: Diane Lelys - Cratrice de robes de marie, robes de soire, baptme, cortge , so the dress she wore at the civil ceremony was most likely made by another designer.
http://www.diane-lelys.com/index.php

Last edited:
I really dislike how her veil and gown are different in color.

Back
Top Bottom