HH Duchess Rixa von Oldenburg & Stephan Sanders: 13 October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BurberryBrit

Serene Highness
City
onthenet
Country
United States
Duchess Rixa von Oldenburg, 42, married Stephan Sanders at the Nienstedtener Kirche at Hamburg-Nienstedten on October 13, 2012. Duchess Rixa is one of three children of Duke Friedrich August of Oldenburg and his first wife, Princess Marie Cecile of Prussia. She was given away by her brother, Duke Paul as her father did not attend the wedding. Rixa, designed her own wedding dress.

957071-la-duchesse-rixa-d-oldenburg-620x0-2.jpg

Photo source: Pure People

More pictures here: La duchesse Rixa d'Oldenburg, remise de ses fiançailles ratées, s'est mariée

I'm happy for her as it seem like it took her a while to find love.

She was given away by her brother, Duke Paul as her father did not attend the wedding.

Some of her cousins also didn't attend, there is a big family dispute about her father's second marriage. He was firstly married to Rixa's mother, Princess Marie-Cecile of Prussia; about one and a half years after his divorce he married Countess Donata of Castell-Rüdenhausen, the widow of Marie-Cecile's brother Prince Louis-Ferdinand of Prussia, father of the current head of the house of Prussia, Prince Georg-Friedrich.

Some of her cousins also didn't attend, there is a big family dispute about her father's second marriage. He was firstly married to Rixa's mother, Princess Marie-Cecile of Prussia; about one and a half years after his divorce he married Countess Donata of Castell-Rüdenhausen, the widow of Marie-Cecile's brother Prince Louis-Ferdinand of Prussia, father of the current head of the house of Prussia, Prince Georg-Friedrich.

Yes, I read about that. Rixa and her siblings were not present at Georg-Friedrich's wedding last year. I wonder if Rixa's father was? Has he chosen sides of his step children over his own children?

Yes, I read about that. Rixa and her siblings were not present at Georg-Friedrich's wedding last year. I wonder if Rixa's father was? Has he chosen sides of his step children over his own children?

Yes, he was. But I don't think he was the one to chose sides, I think it's more the case that his own children don't want to have any contact after he divorced their mother to marry their aunt. Prince Georg-Friedrich and his sister chose to stand by their mother and her new husband.

That part of the family probably doesn't attend any family reunions, or maybe the way the father's marriages went, there are no family reunions!

Yes, he was. But I don't think he was the one to chose sides, I think it's more the case that his own children don't want to have any contact after he divorced their mother to marry their aunt. Prince Georg-Friedrich and his sister chose to stand by their mother and her new husband.

Do we know for sure that Rixa's father actually divorced his wife in order to marry Georg-Friedrich's mother? Didn't their relationship develop after the divorce?

I think there are other reasons that he did not attend this Wedding. When Duke Paul married Duke Friedrich August and Duchess Donata attended as did Princess Marie Cecile- And also at the Wedding of Duchess Eilika with Archduke Georg all attended.

Rixa looks pregnant on photos!

I like Rixa's bridal bouquet. Some of the flowers have shades of light pastels. I especially like this because so often the bouquets have all white flowers.

Back
Top Bottom