Hereditary Prince Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha and Kelly Rondestvedt 21/23.5.2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the information and links with pics!

No Gala/Dinner with long dresses in the evening?

There was a pre-wedding gala dinner the night before, and probably a ball at night on the wedding day itself, but so far no pics seem to have surfaced from either occasion...?

There is a picture of Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor attending the pre-wedding gala dinner under their forum. Lady Nicholas is wearing a STUNNING tiara...of which I have NO information... Warren????? :)

The bride looked beautiful. The detail and beading on the bolero part of her dress is absolutely stunning...

She wore a spectacular diamond necklace, but it was a necklace only, provenance of the Duchess of Albany (mother of Carl Edouard, Duke of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha).

Thanks and kudos to Claes and Kirsten at RJOTWMB for spotting the necklace with this link to Ursula's excellent website: Schmuck der Herzogin Helen von Albany | Prinzessin von Waldeck-Pyrmont

As we can see from the link the necklace was a gifr ftom Prince Leopold (Queen Victoria's youngest son) to his bride, Princess Helen of Waldeck and Pyrmont.

The Saxe-Coburgs are a (very) wealthy family so the absence of a tiara in the context of a "crown princely wedding" is unusual.
Does this necklace now belong to her or does it belong to her husbands family? Simply gorgeous!!:D

A little report from Coburg as i was there to witness the Fesitvities

I arrived in Coburg on Thursday in the early afternoon. There i meet with Stig, Netty, Anuschka and 2 other royal Watchers. We went first to the Building of the ducal Administration which is near the House where Prince Andreas and Family live. Short after we where there a car arrived and inside where the groom and bride wo paid a short Visit to the House. A few mintues later Prince Andreas left the Administration building and drove awway and again a few mintues later Prince Alexander arrived there. Apparently he had just arrived from Grein.
The next day we made some sightseeing in the morning and in early afternoon we went to Callenberg to visit it as it was open to the public on this day. There was a huge tent on the Parking Place errected where on this day an german-american Evening took place. We then had to go away to another parking-place a little bit down the Hill as the other place was shut off. We then stayed there and could see the guests arriving. Most of the guests where droven above the Hill but some walked on feet. On the Wedding Day we went very early to the Church and had much luck as we could stay direct before the Podest which was errected for the photographers. Some of them also joined us as they said it would be not good to make photos with the public before them. But even the head of the Ducal Administration allowed us to stay there. Most of the guests had to walk to the Church as there was not much engough space for the Buses fo the Church. Only the most impoortant guest as the King and Queen of Seden, King Simeon and Queen Margarita, Princess Marie Louise of Bulgaria and her husband, Prince Astrid and Prince Lorenz where driven in Cars before the Church. The groom arrived togehter with his father and sister in a car. The Family stayed a little time on the steps before the Church where the groom aslo posed together with his witnesses. Only after them swedish Royal Couple also some other guests arrived. Finally the bride arrived together with her parents. She walked in on the Arm of her father. The Ceremony went about one hour. Short before the End the open Carriage came. As the went first to far and stood direct before the steps of Church they made a round so that it would stay a lttle bit more behind. Finally the bridal Couple come out of the Church and said goodbye to the Pastor. Then the came up the stairs where the posed for the photographers and kissed short. They then entered the carriage and whre drove away lucky waving to the crowd. Then all the guests left the Church and wlaked on feet to Ehrenburg Castle (even the swedish Royal Couple) where a reception took place in the Riesensaal. We went later to the Ehrenburg and could see some of the Guest leaving. Later we could walk in and see the bridal Couple coming down the stairs and greeting the Crowd. They then went into the Court where the entered their Car aand drove away.
In the early evening we again went to Callenberg where we could stay at the same spot then the Evening before. One of the first guest to arrive ws Duke Franz of Bavaria bu he drove up with his Car as did most of the Guests. Some of the Guests who went on feet where Hereditary Prince Ludwig and Hereditary Princess Elisabeth of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg who arrived togehter with Count Heinrich, Countess Annette and Countess Agathe of Ortenburg. Also on feet Fürst Carl Christian and Fürstin Katalin of Wrede who came with Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia. And Hereditary Prince Heinrich XIV. and Hereditary Princess Johanna Reuss. One the last where Duchess Tatiana of Oldenburg and her brother Duke Konstantin.

Last edited:
The groom arrived togehter with his father and sister in a car.
And the mother of the groom? Did she attend the wedding?

And the mother of the groom? Did she attend the wedding?

Yes. On a photo from insde the Church you can see her sitting next to Prince Andreas. But as she suffers from MS she and her younger son Prince Alexander most likely went in through an side entrance.

First part of my photos. They are copyrighted by myself and no to be used elsewhere without my permission

P1030051.jpg

The groom and his witnesses before the Church

P1030126.jpg

P1030127.jpg

P1030132.jpg

Arrival of the bride and her parents

P1030151.jpg

P1030158.jpg

P1030187.jpg

P1030200.jpg

P1030207.jpg

P1030207.jpg

P1030246.jpg

P1030246-1.jpg

P1030249.jpg

P1030259.jpg

P1030263.jpg

P1030301.jpg

The Family before the Church
from left: Princess Stephanie, Princess Katrin, Prince Andreas, Cheryl and Christian
Rondestvedt

Last edited:
In the early evening we again went to Callenberg where we could stay at the same spot then the Evening before. One of the first guest to arrive ws Duke Franz of Bavaria bu he drove up with his Car as did most of the Guests. Some of the Guests who went on feet where Hereditary Prince Ludwig and Hereditary Princess Elisabeth of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg who arrived togehter with Count Heinrich, Countess Annette and Countess Agathe of Ortenburg. Also on feet Fürst Carl Christian and Fürstin Katalin of Wrede who came with Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia. And Hereditary Prince Heinrich XIV. and Hereditary Princess Johanna Reuss. One the last where Duchess Tatiana of Oldenburg and her brother Duke Konstantin.

As you know I also was in Coburg last Saturday (I live only 15 minutes away). But I wasn´t at Callenberg in the evening. Does the Kings of Sweden also attend the party at Callenberg?

I am really impressed about what the german newspapers wrote about this royal wedding.
Stefan do you know which decoration are wearing the groom and the witnesses. Prince Lorenz wore the golden vlies decoration (red)

some pictures of the Flower Decoration in and outside of the Church They are copyrighted by myself and not to be used to be elsewhere without my permission

P1020919.jpg

P1020917.jpg

P1020916.jpg

P1020753.jpg

P1020750.jpg

P1030410.jpg

The guests arriving at the Church. They photos are copyrighted by myself and not to be used to be elsewhere without my permission

P1020921.jpg

Princess Mechthilde zu Leinignen and her husband Karl-Anton Bauscher

P1020945.jpg

Duke Borwin and Duchess Alice zu Mecklenburg

P1020950.jpg

from left: Heinrich von Miller zu Aichholz, Alexandrine von Miller zu Aichholz,. Countess
zu Castell-Castell, Michaela von Miller zu Aichholz, Countess of Schönburg-Glauchau,
Alexander von Miller zu Aichholz

P1020966.jpg

Olaf and Veronica Sass, née Stoiber

P1020968.jpg

Prince Karl-Emich and Princess Isabelle zu Leiningen with Princess Cecilia ?

P1020969.jpg

on the right: Archduke Michael Salvator of Austria, Prince of Tuscany

P1020971.jpg

on the left: Princess Katrin, Widow of the grooms grandfather, prince Friedrich Josias

second part of Guests arriving at the Church. The photos are copyrighted by myself and not to be used to be elsewhere without my permission

P1020974.jpg

Fürst Andreas and Fürstin Alexandra zu Leiningen

P1020989.jpg

in front: Hereditary Prince Alexander, Fürst Franz Alexander and Fürstin Christine of Isenburg

P1020990.jpg

first row: Prince Michael of Baden, second row: Prince Leopold of Baden

P1020992.jpg

first row: Princess Leonie, Prince Michael and Pricness Dagmar of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach
second row: Duke Huno and Duchess Fenita of Oldenburg

P1020995.jpg

Duchess Sophie, Duke Ferdinand, Duke Alexander and Duke Eugen of Württemberg

P1020998.jpg

Countess Anette and Countess Agathe zu Ortenburg

P1030001.jpg

Hereditary Prince Ludwig and Hereditary Princess Elisabeth zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenberg

P1030003.jpg

Duchess Tatiana and Duke Konstantin of Oldenburg (on the right)

P1030005.jpg

Albert and Edda Darboven, née Princess of Anhalt

P1030008.jpg

Prince Maximilian and Princess Sophie zu Ysenburg and Büdingen in Wächtersbach

P1030021.jpg

P1030024.jpg

Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz of Belgium,
Archduke and Archduchess of Austria-Este

P1030056.jpg

Fürstin Leonille, Princess Felizitas-Magdalena and Fürst Wolfgang Ernst zu Ysenburg and Büdingen in Wächtersbach

P1030064.jpg

Fürst Alexander and Fürstin Nadja zu Schaumburg-Lippe

third Part of the Guests arriving at the Church. The photos are copyrighted by myself and not to be used to be elsewhere without my permission

P1030027.jpg

Prince Andreas, father of the groom

P1030029.jpg

The Family of the groom

P1030035.jpg

The groom is greeted by Prince Leopold and Princess Ursula of Bavaria

P1030040.jpg

The witnesses, Princess Ursula of Bavaria

P1030042.jpg

on the left: Prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern

P1030045.jpg

Princess Marie Louise of Blgaria and Bronislaw Chrobok

P1030076.jpg

Prince Manuel of Bavaria

P1030083.jpg

Prince Konstantin and Princess Maria of Bulgaria

P1030086.jpg

Princess Maria, King Simeon II. and Queen Margarita of Bulgaria, the major of Coburg
Norbert Kastner and his wife, Prince Konstantin of Bulgaria

P1030093.jpg

P1030097.jpg

Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor with son Albert

P1030103.jpg

King Carl XVI. Gustaf and Queen Silivia of Sweden

Thank you Stefan for the identifications! :flowers:

Duke Borwin and Duchess Alice zu Mecklenburg
Good to see Duke Borwin attending such a high-powered Gotha event. :)

So finally here is the first part of my pictures

Attachments

• Leipzig_Coburg 002.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 002.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 1,047
  • Leipzig_Coburg 004.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 004.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 781
  • Leipzig_Coburg 008.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 008.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 488
  • Leipzig_Coburg 001.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 001.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 516
  • Leipzig_Coburg 011.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 011.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 472
  • Leipzig_Coburg 016.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 016.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 500
  • Leipzig_Coburg 017.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 017.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 1,005
  • Leipzig_Coburg 015.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 015.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 879
  • Leipzig_Coburg 025.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 025.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 758
  • Leipzig_Coburg 021.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 021.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 462
... and the second part. Hope you like it!

Attachments

• Leipzig_Coburg 027.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 027.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 1,009
  • Leipzig_Coburg 028.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 028.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 644
  • Leipzig_Coburg 034.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 034.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 459
  • Leipzig_Coburg 036.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 036.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 476
  • Leipzig_Coburg 039.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 039.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 448
  • Leipzig_Coburg 041.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 041.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 883
  • Leipzig_Coburg 044.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 044.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 428
  • Leipzig_Coburg 045.jpg
    Leipzig_Coburg 045.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 449
Beautiful bride. :flowers:

Although the video was in German, it sounds like they met in a restaurant in NY? Can anyone confirm? Also, what is the bride's background?

Beautiful bride. :flowers:

Although the video was in German, it sounds like they met in a restaurant in NY? Can anyone confirm? Also, what is the bride's background?

You´re right, they met in a restaurant in NY.
Kelly studied business in Los Angeles. Than she works for "Waterhouse Coopers" in San Diego as an financal auditor. In 2000 she gets her "Master in Business Administration" and moved to NY, where she met Hubertus in 2007.

Please excuse me, but I am sooo thankful for these videos and the photos !!!

This looked like a lovely wedding! I really like the bride's bouquet and necklace. I didn't care for the top part of her gown. The sweetheart neckline was a bit much with the lace. I think that it would have looked nicer with a straighter neckline. However, it looks like it was an absolutely beautiful day.

The wedding dress is lovely .It reminds me Princess Grace´s wedding dress:flowers:

Does anyone know where HP Hubertus and HPss Kelly have gone to on their honeymoon? Also, do they reside in Germany or the US most of the time?

Back
Top Bottom