Ernst August Jr. von Hannover and Ekaterina Malysheva. July 6 and 8, 2017.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
Thanks - german press has been speculating for weeks if Ernst August sr shows up after resurfacing on holidays in Spain in apparentely good health. He had gone undercover for a long time after health problems and personal problems, incl a rift with his elder son, the groom.
And then the big question, will Princess Caroline show up who is on very good terms with her stepkids.

I thibk that Prince Ernst August sr will be present, he is the father of the groom, Princess Chantal , the mother of Ernst August Jr will be present, Alexandra , sister of Ernst August will be surely present.
Queen Sofia , , king Felipe who is the godfather of Ernst August may be present
The Casiraghi will be present but I doubt that Caroline will be present , she has lived apart of Ernst August and she is not in good termes with the mother of Ernst August JR

It is rumoured that Ernst August jr. doesn´t have a great relationship with his father, as Duke of Marmelade already posted, due to taking over the business side of the family. So it is possible he won´t be there.

Surely, all of these adults can get along for the sake of harmony at the wedding of a child they all love. They can at the every least, try hard since there is another son who will probably also marry within the next few years. What was done in the past should be left in the past.

Thanks for the link!
The interview is fairly standard. I am surprised to learn that Ms Malysheva is not fluent in German.
I am looking forward to seeing photos.

The story originates from HANDELSBLATT, one of the most serious economic newspapers in Germany. It is no tabloid at all therefore it is absolutely credible that EA senior will not attend the wedding because he broke with his son over financial matters.

The original article cannot be posted or read without paying for it, sorry.

But BILD has picked up on it as well, it says 'August is serious' (Ernst means 'serious' in German)
http://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/leu...zur-hochzeit-seines-sohnes-52411274.bild.html

Last edited:
I managed to read the full article in Handelsblatt print.

The info that EA senior will not attend the wedding is confirmed, the senior has given the junior an ultimatum until one day prior to the wedding to sort out the grave differences what is extremely unlikely.
EA is citing 'major ingratitude' and claims that the junior has forced him systematically out of the administration of the family property.

Last edited:
Prince Ernst August's non-attendance is for the better as members of reining and non-reigning houses are expected to attend, and his son is entitled to enjoy his special day.

Last edited:
Alcoholic, abusive parents rarely have good relationships with their children, and gifts ARE gifts and are not to be rescinded on the whim of the giver...

If EA sr is so concerned about the future of the house and its properties, he should have stayed away from alcohol and behave like a head of the house.

From the interview it seemed that he is very unhappy with the bride and her russian nationality, he seemed to fear that she could get her hands on the Hanover fortune in case something happens to EA jr.

Anyway it will spare him the joy of being at the wedding with his two wives present.... which could be awkward considering the way he went from one to the other (I have a very good memory)

Ernst August Sr was seen in the Leiningen Wedding last saturday.
Interesting Post in the always well informed Royal Musings .

From the interview it seemed that he is very unhappy with the bride and her russian nationality, he seemed to fear that she could get her hands on the Hanover fortune in case something happens to EA jr.

Well, that's rather rich that Ernst August is unhappy with his son's soon to be bride, considering some of the choices he's made over the years for female "companions". The Romanian Beauty Queen, I read on some Royal Boards was a "lady of the evening" in reality. A huge hypocrite. I'm sure the subject of the gifts of land/forests arises perhaps because the Senior may need some serious cash? He didn't seem to be concerned about any of his children for so many years and now comes out of the woodwork. Hmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:

No, there was a short report yesterday in our national television, and it´s been said the EA sr. stressed, that his resentments had nothing to do with the bride herself or her nationality, but that no financial agreement has been settled should his son die prematurely or should the couple one day divorce!
Plus as a Prince of Hanover he should have asked the Queen in London of permission to marry. That he didn´t means he will now lose his position in the succession of the british crown.

Perhaps he might have learnt from his own experience and doesn´t want his son to repeat mistakes !? Don´t know what EAjr.´s mother received after her divorce...? Anyway, senior never presented himself as the great protector of the hanoverian dynasty´s heritage before. He didn´t care for it or how to turn the "Hanover brand" into a profitable business, like EA jr. did since some years. He didn´t work on the urgently necessary and unavoidable accounting of the Nazi past of the house, like junior did, too! So why own earth is he suddenly appearing on the brink of his eldest son´s wedding?! Eccentric behaviour is the most friendly term that comes to my mind here...:whistling::ermm:

Looks like a party not a wedding.

As expected, the ceremony was low-key.

Last edited:
To me the bride looks pregnant:whistling:

I think too that the bride looks pregnant perhaps it is the dress which gives this feeling

Back
Top Bottom