Ernst August Jr. von Hannover and Ekaterina Malysheva. July 6 and 8, 2017.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Charlene choose (she was not obliged to) to curtsey to the Queen of United Kingdom a assez did Carla Bruni. By respect to her age. And both ladies are spouses of Head of State, furthermore QEII is herself a Head of State.
I found very delicate from the two ladies to do so.

We really don't know why Caroline and Ernst don't divorce. We don't know either why they separate and who left the other or if it was a common decision. These two said nothing. Just one day Caroline moved with Alexandra in Monaco and that was it.
As to know if Caroline does not divorce because she is keen of her title of HRH is pure speculation. Furthermore Caroline goes to a very very few royal events, so the title HRH is not of a great use.
After she separated, out of Monaco, she went to the Luxembourg wedding (we don't know If she was there representing Monaco or the House of Hannover, and another wedding I can't recall which one. It is not enough in almost 7 years to say that she keeps the marriage for the title.
And at least it could impeach Prince EA Sr to wed this erotic model he had as girlfriend.

Last edited:
Princess Charlene choose (she was not obliged to) to curtsey to the Queen of United Kingdom a assez did Carla Bruni. By respect to her age. And both ladies are spouses of Head of State, furthermore QEII is herself a Head of State.
Yes, it was a sign of respect - as the Consort of a Sovereign Prince she doesn't need to curtsey to anyone (other than the Pope) just as her husband doesn't need to bow to other monarchs (in spite of only being an HSH).

It was nice from Charlène to make a révérence to the Queen and to the Emperor. There was no obligation for her to do so. Had Charlène chosen for a nice handshake, that would have been perfect as well, for both Queen as Emperor. It were elegant signs of reverence for the two royals, far her senior in age and anciennity.

We really don't know why Caroline and Ernst don't divorce. We don't know either why they separate and who left the other or if it was a common decision. These two said nothing. Just one day Caroline moved with Alexandra in Monaco and that was it.
As to know if Caroline does not divorce because she is keen of her title of HRH is pure speculation. Furthermore Caroline goes to a very very few royal events, so the title HRH is not of a great use.
After she separated, out of Monaco, she went to the Luxembourg wedding (we don't know If she was there representing Monaco or the House of Hannover, and another wedding I can't recall which one. It is not enough in almost 7 years to say that she keeps the marriage for the title.
And at least it could impeach Prince EA Sr to wed this erotic model he had as girlfriend.

Agree - it is all speculation and only my opinion that she is too intelligent to make a decision about divorce based purely on a slight difference in rank.

I also agree that it means Ernst is not free to marry his dancer companion or whoever her replacement is.

At the Luxembourg wedding she was representing Monaco - Albert did not attend. I don't think she represents the House of Hanover anymore - she uses the title because it is still her title.

Thank you!

Tatiana and Beatrice's dresses look pretty. Not liking Princess Alexandra's. Where is the rest of Eugenie Niarchos' dress? :eek: Yikes.
Yes, I noticed Eugenie Niarchos - it looks like a wedding night nightie.

Pictures of the guests in evening dress (pictures of Tatiana Santo Domingo, Alessandra de Osma, Beatrice Borromeo and Alexandra of Hannover):

Welfenhochzeit-So-schoen-war-die-Abendgarderobe

Thank you for the photos. Everyone looks nice in their pretty clothes, even the lady in the see-through nightie. :lol: It looks like they all came out of the hotel and got onto a bus. I suppose that makes more sense than everybody driving their cars to the castle for the dinner. Environmentally conscious. Good for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see from Instagram that Pavlos and Marie-Chantals children all attended apart from Achilles-Andreas.

Thank you to everyone who shared photos and articles of the wedding and congratulations to the couple! :flowers:
I really liked Ekaterina's dress, it was quite beautiful and fairy tale like. India and Sasha were the cutest bridesmaid and page boy too. It was nice to see them included in the bridal party.
Forgive me if this has already been answered, but did Ernst August (Jr.)'s father attend? Since I read that he wasn't going to but just want to double check that fact.

Thank you for the confirmation. Apologies for asking again, but why was that so?
Something to do with a disagreement over how his son is managing the Hanover patrimony that he signed over to him over a decade ago plus apparently no pre-nup which could potentially affect the estates again if there is divorce. He is taking his son to court over the management of the estates which he wants back.

wow - the ladies looked superb in the evening. beatrice and tatiana are splendorous in their gowns. alessandra de osma's gown is also beyond beautiful with all those cherry blossom embroideries.

Yes, it was a sign of respect - as the Consort of a Sovereign Prince she doesn't need to curtsey to anyone (other than the Pope) just as her husband doesn't need to bow to other monarchs (in spite of only being an HSH).

It was nice from Charlène to make a révérence to the Queen and to the Emperor. There was no obligation for her to do so. Had Charlène chosen for a nice handshake, that would have been perfect as well, for both Queen as Emperor. It were elegant signs of reverence for the two royals, far her senior in age and anciennity.

just what i thought. given the age (and seniority) of both of these ladies, i think what charlene did is totally right - even if she was under no obligation.

Last edited:
I was also in Hanover this weekend and it was GREAT! I was accompanied by the lovely SydneyLux and we've had a great time!
If you'd like to see my pictures, please visit my Twitter page at twitter.com/royalarjan.

Among Royalty you do not curtsey to age, but to function and role! And as these photos proof, Charlene didn´t only curtsey the Queen and was not the only monegasque wife of a reigning Prince to do so. Its because she´s not the wife of an at least HRH head of state, like the GD of Luxembourg, but a Serene Highness.

The bride's gown was rather beautiful. In fact she was a gorgeous bride period...very very regal.

So sad about the rift between father and son.:sad:

Wait and see for the rift between Father and Son.
I am looking forward Prince Christian's Wedding .

Wait and see for the rift between Father and Son.
I am looking forward Prince Christian's Wedding .

Yes that is the big question - apparently the Senior and Christian are on good terms, went on holiday together, it will be likely to see both Ernst Augusts at the wedding, ignoring each other.

EA senior is brilliant at the game, he only showed up a couple of weeks ago at an in comparison unimportant family wedding to make a point, get press attention for his crusade against the Junior, ignoring him all the way.

Oh I didn't realise EA got on with his other son, that is interesting. Likewise Christian was the one leading cheers as the couple left the church so there doesn't seem to be hard feelings there.

As you say the next wedding will be interesting indeed...

EA senior is brilliant at the game, he only showed up a couple of weeks ago at an in comparison unimportant family wedding to make a point, get press attention for his crusade against the Junior, ignoring him all the way.

The Wedding of Prince Hermann zu Leininen which was attended by Ernst August sr. took place exactly one week before the Wedding in Hannover. A reason that he attended it could also be that it took place in the Salzburg area which is not to far away from the Traunsee where the austrian posessions of the Family where Ernst August sr. lives are located. Apparently he left direct after the ceremonx asnd did not attend the reception.
It will be interesting to see if Ernst August sr. attends the wedding of the Hereditary Prince zu Leiningen in September in Amorbach

Last edited:
The Wedding of Prince Hermann zu Leininen which was wattended by Ernst August sr. took place exactlx one wekk before the Wedding in Hannover. A reason that he attended it could also be that it took place in the Salzburg area which is not to far away from the Traunsee where the austrian posessions of the Family where Ernst August sr. lives are located. apparently he left direct after the ceremonx asnd did not attend the reception.
It will be interesting to see if Ernst August sr. attends the wedding of the Hereditary Prince zu Leiningen in September in Amorbach

Yes you are correct, I think it was to get attention for his following interview with Handelsblatt, openly opposing his son and the wedding of his son.

Can E.A. senior disinherit E.A Junior entirely ? Title, estates, everything in favour of Christian ? I'm not sure if Napoleonic Law operates in Germany, and consequently assets MUST be equally divided between legatees ?

Can E.A. senior disinherit E.A Junior entirely ? Title, estates, everything in favour of Christian ? I'm not sure if Napoleonic Law operates in Germany, and consequently assets MUST be equally divided between legatees ?

the courts will decide what he can do and cannot do. EA senior gave a lot of possessions to his son and is now unhappy with it, feels shut out. I think there is further information in the EA thread.

Important for the Family is that Ernst August sr. as Head of the House has not given the needed Consent for the marriage of his heir. This means that Ernst August jr. has lost his posession as Hereditary Prince and probably will not succeed his father as Head of the House

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom