Ernst August Jr. von Hannover and Ekaterina Malysheva. July 6 and 8, 2017.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The bride looked lovely, I think it is understandable that she may have been nervous. With all the nonsense involving her father in-law. Not to mention this is a big moment in her life.

Beautiful tiara and veil. :flowers: I find the gown too much, the sleeves dated.

Understandable Caroline is not there even if Ernst isn't there. Considering the state of her marriage. But also respect to the mother of the groom.

Nice to see the Cassiraghis in force. And that India abd Sasha were in the wedding. Great they are still close.

Lovely to see Andrea,Pierre, Beatrice and Charlotte there with their sister Princess Alexandra .

Where was the grooms father?

Lovely to see Andrea,Pierre, Beatrice and Charlotte there with their sister Princess Alexandra .

From earlier articles he seems to have boycotted. He demanded the return of many of the family properties or he wouldn't support the wedding. Things have been pretty bad since the Duke of Cumberland properties, the control of the trust was taken from dad and given to son. Seems to be also some issue with the bride being Russian and some fear she is a gold digger.

Long story but in short he has decided not to approve of the marriage and thereby removing his son from the position as Hereditary prince as a way to pressure him to give back the control of the Cumberland foundation that controlls the quite extensive family estates in Austria. Its all very Dynasty...

Alessandra de Osma looks sensational..

Otherwise a VERY undistinguished sartorial outing...

Thanks for all the photos!

I'm undecided on Ekaterina's wedding dress. There are lovely elements: pretty lace, square neckline, and that substantial floral tiara. Dislikes: puffy sleeves, skirt seems a tad large, and the tiara is angled backwards.

It's wonderful to see the Hanover sons and Casiraghis are close despite what happened (or is currently going on) between their parents. Chantal Hochuli looks elegant. This wedding and Christian's upcoming wedding must be bright spots for her after losing her partner this year.

Tatiana's and Princess Alexandra's outfits are wonderful. Ignoring Beatrice's donut hat, her dress is nice. I usually dislike dense prints/patterns but Charlotte's outfit has a retro vibe I'm liking yet can't explain. Only wish the shoulders section and hat were a lighter color somehow.

It is sad that The Prince and The Princess of Hannover are not attending this highday. Can you imagine one of the current reigning monarchs or consorts boycotting the wedding of the heir(ess) ?

I am intrigued that Princess Ekaterina wore a Hannover heirloom. This means that The Prince, not attending the wedding, has given permission for the magnificent diadem to be used.

I don´t think he did. EA junior is in charge of many possessions, heirlooms as well as businesses of the former royal house because his father has given up dealing with these sort of things and handed it over to his eldest son quite some years ago. So EA jr. is managing all these things on his own. I guess this is also part of the reason why he refused to ask for permission to marry at all.

Long story but in short he has decided not to approve of the marriage and thereby removing his son from the position as Hereditary prince as a way to pressure him to give back the control of the Cumberland foundation that controlls the quite extensive family estates in Austria. Its all very Dynasty...
Does this mean that Prince Christian is the next Hereditary Prince?

Last edited:
WOW, love all the pics, thanks so much for posting them! :flowers:

The bride was the star of the show. She honestly looked like she stepped out of a page from a fairytale. The dress & veil were magical with tiny little appliques (for some reason it reminded me of Caroline Kennedy's shamrock veil). And the tiara was perfect for the occasion ~ stunning...

Next, Princess Alexandra was adorable & innocent & lovely in that sublime pink dress that showed off her beautiful peaches & cream complexion to perfection, as well as those sparkling baby blue eyes.

And Tatiana Casiraghi was the best I've ever seen her (besides her own wedding that is). Subtle, summery, beautiful, as well as her husband and little ones (Sasha & India are like real-life dolls!).

I wasn't surprised at all to see the Casiraghis out in force (just as i predicted last summer when the engagement was announced). The Hannover bros. & their step siblings have been close since they were children, they grew up together, and they share (have in common) Princess Alexandra. Both bros. were at Pierre, Andrea, and Uncle Albert's respective weddings. I've seen Pierre vacationing with them, as well Ernst Jr. was outside the hospital with his sister when Tatiana gave birth to Sasha. Likewise, Ernst Jr. was at many of Alexandra's skating competitions (sometimes sitting with Princess Caroline). Not to mention Ernst Jr. and Andrea have both lived in London for many years. The whole family is very close.

Next, Prince Christian's upcoming wedding, YEAH! :cool:

It is sad that The Prince and The Princess of Hannover are not attending this highday. Can you imagine one of the current reigning monarchs or consorts boycotting the wedding of the heir(ess) ?

I am intrigued that Princess Ekaterina wore a Hannover heirloom. This means that The Prince, not attending the wedding, has given permission for the magnificent diadem to be used.

My personal opinion is that Caroline didn't attend due to the fact of how she became Princess of Hannover. She and the groom's mother were good friends prior; and Caroline was the cause of the divorce. That's water under the bridge now.

He might. But on this very day EA jr. ist still heredit. Prince!
Thanks for the answer! :flowers:
I read that the house rules of many German royal/noble houses are strict. Although family members may criticise the rules in question, they still follow them. Following the Welf house rules, Hereditary Princess Ekaterina converted to her spouse's religion.

Last edited:
What a lovely day for a wedding. Nice to see that the Hanover and Casiraghi children are still close and can share these occasions. I think the bride looks lovely along with several of the guests, especially Princess Alexandra.

My personal feeling is that it's better that EA senior isn't there - shame he decided to cast a blight such a short time before the big day. He says it's not personal - why not say something sooner and keep it private if that's true? The man has always been a boor - can't think what either Chantal or Caroline saw in him. Seems to me his children are a credit to their mothers ...

As to Caroline, whether she was invited or not who knows? Her relationship with her stepsons is certainly civil enough - I suspect her non-attendance was for diplomatic reasons. I'm sure Chantal preferred her not to be present but plenty of ex-partners do manage to maintain civility in each others' presence especially over 20 years afterwards... It wouldn't have been the first time they both attended a common event.

Personally, I don't think husbands can be stolen - they can behave badly and break their vows but ultimately they're fully grown adults who make a choice to have an affair. The "other woman" (especially one who isn't married) whilst certainly not perfect, having made a questionable choice, is not a thief.

And Caroline and Chantal were not especially close friends and nowhere near best friends - but it does make a better story when taking the moral high ground.

Alessandra de Osma

deormmtwaaaq-pc-jpg-large-jpg.541890

i dont know if Chantal and Caroline were the best friends before, but they were socially close. And when Chantal divorced from EA she made a public statement saying very clearly that she divorced because of a third woman. Quite simultaneously paparazzis cought Prince EA with Caroline in love trip in Thailand. Consequently i found difficult for Princess Caroline to be invited to this wedding when the ex wife plays the hostess and is the most important woman after the bride. Of course the fact that she is not with Prince EA anymore, facilitates her absence.
But I found very nice how close are the Casiraghis with the Hannovere, and they all love Alexandra so much, her father seems absent from her life, but she has a very loving family.

Last edited:
I think Caroline loves the "HRH" since the status of and "HRH" is far more superior to that of an "HSH," which is what Caroline was born to. She won't be trying to leave Ernst for the rest of her life.

I think Caroline loves the "HRH" since the status of and "HRH" is far more superior to that of an "HSH," which is what Caroline was born to. She won't be trying to leave Ernst for the rest of her life.

I think so too.

Otherwise, she'd probably have divorced him long ago. He's been an embarrassment.

(Just goes to show...when the Other Woman becomes the wife, then there'll be a new Other Woman!) ;)

Photos of the guests Royals or not mostly of course from Germany

Confessions of a Castleholic: Royal Wedding in Hanover: The Guests (Part 1)

Jewels from the Royal Ladies

Royal Wedding Jewels in Hanover | The Court Jeweller
Thanks for the link!
Prince Heinrich looked great. It is hard to believe that he is Prince Ernst August's brother. Prince Albert is very handsome.

Princess Maria-Theresia had an interesting hairstyle.

Mrs Lauren Santo Domingo wore a rather inappropriate dress.

Last edited:
Really a fairytale wedding... one of the best dresses I have ever seen.... and this glorious weather... everybody looking nice and happy !!!!!!

Really a fairytale wedding... one of the best dresses I have ever seen.... and this glorious weather... everybody looking nice and happy !!!!!!

Her dress is nice (though I'm not keen on the gathered sleeves, they make her shoulders look so wide).

But he looks like he borrowed his clothes from someone else! They don't fit at all.

ekaterina didn't look like the happiest of brides, i must say. her entrance to the church barely had a smile and she looked pensive and meditative.

I think that's unfair. It is her wedding day and what bride is not a bit nervous on her wedding. And this wedding is more over the top than most weddings. She was smiling, happy and beautiful coming out of the church.

Last edited by a moderator:
... [snipped]Has the date been sat for her to marry Christian?
According to one of the articles in Hola! Magazine, the couple will marry in Peru in March 2018.

Last edited:
I strongly disagree. Her HSH is a real title - her HRH is not even legally recognised in Germany where the Hanover title comes from. They aren't the first titled couple to live separately and not divorce.

She's aware of her position and has been since she was a small child but if titles and one word were more important she would have cast her net more widely when choosing her first and second husbands and looked for some sort of title for her children (like Antoinette got for her son). I don't think she gives a stuff about the HRH - she still uses it because she is entitled to.

And she left Ernst long ago. I think they don't divorce because they don't need to - they seem content with the status quo. No messy financial affairs to be sorted out, no expensive lawyers to be paid for, no unpleasant publicity and Ernst's infra dig women companions remain girlfriends and not wives to be a "drain" on the Hanover estate. Maybe once Alexandra is legally an adult things will change but I guess not...

Back
Top Bottom