Ernst August Jr. von Hannover and Ekaterina Malysheva. July 6 and 8, 2017.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok not up on all the Hanover connections...is Alexandra a cousin to Ernst?

LaRae

Ok not up on all the Hanover connections...is Alexandra a cousin to Ernst?

LaRae

P.Alexandra of Hanover? She's his (half) sister, same father, different mother

Alexandra is his half-sister from his father's marriage to Princess Caroline.

The bride indeed looks pregnant. Are there going to be two ceremonies?

Alexandra is his half-sister from his father's marriage to Princess Caroline.

The bride indeed looks pregnant. Are there going to be two ceremonies?

Yeah the dress was imo quite unfortunate cut, but who knows, maybe some Welfenbaby is on the way :lol:
The religious wedding is on Saturday.

Best man not wearing a tie nor even a jacket... Looks a bit like having a guy from the street, "oh we´re getting married and one best man has gotten sick. Could you please stand in?"

Ekaterina always had a little belly...
img_5801-jpg.540944

Last edited:
P.Alexandra of Hanover? She's his (half) sister, same father, different mother

Ah okay for some reason I thought her father only had one child.

LaRae

No, there was a short report yesterday in our national television, and it´s been said the EA sr. stressed, that his resentments had nothing to do with the bride herself or her nationality, but that no financial agreement has been settled should his son die prematurely or should the couple one day divorce!
Plus as a Prince of Hanover he should have asked the Queen in London of permission to marry. That he didn´t means he will now lose his position in the succession of the british crown. ... [snipped]
If memory serves me ... Succession to the Crown Act 2013 removed the requirement of those outside the first six persons in line to the throne to seek the Sovereign's approval to marry. Prince Andrew is the 6th person in the succession line at the moment. So he will have to request a permission to marry. One might argue that Prince Ernst August, Jr., could have requested the permission in question to observe traditions/legalities.

Prince Ernst August may have a valid point about a prenuptial agreement.

Last edited:
Ah okay for some reason I thought her father only had one child.

LaRae

Her father has two sons (today's groom Ernst August and Christiaan) with his first wife and indeed Alexandra with P.Caroline of Monaco

If memory serves me ... Succession to the Crown Act 2013 removed the requirement of those outside the first six persons in line to the throne to seek the Sovereign's approval to marry. Prince Andrew is the 6th person in the succession line at the moment. So he will have to request a permission to marry. One might argue that Prince Ernst August, Jr., could have requested the permission in question to observe traditions/legalities.

As for a prenuptial contract, Prince Ernst August Sn may have a point.

Doesn't this apply to only adult members of the family? (at this time: Charles, both his sons, Andrew and both his daughters)
George and Charlotte are little children (aged 4 and 2 respectively) and when for them it comes the time to marry, (for George - no sooner than in 14 years, for Charlotte - no sooner than in 16 years) their grandma rather will not be here anymore.:D

Doesn't this apply to only adult members of the family? (at this time: Charles, both his sons, Andrew and both his daughters)
George and Charlotte are little children (aged 4 and 2 respectively) and when for them it comes the time to marry, (for George - no sooner than in 14 years, for Charlotte - no sooner than in 16 years) their grandma rather will not be here anymore.:D
Still Prince Ernst August, Jr., is not among the first 10. Technically speaking, he should have sought a permission.

the best man not wearing a suit is most unusual. i have to admit the bride herself didn't chose the most flattering dress either.

i see christian of hanover attended - was his fiance alexandra not with him?

Her father has two sons (today's groom Ernst August and Christiaan) with his first wife and indeed Alexandra with P.Caroline of Monaco

Thanks!

LaRae

Last edited:
Still Prince Ernst August, Jr., is not among the first 10. Technically speaking, he should have sought a permission.

Don't exaggerate, he is on 100-something place at the succession list:D

As for my previous post: it was, of course, great-grandma. Sorry.

A bit sad, neither his mother, sister, father.... I took not much interest in them beforehand but now my heart goes to them and I really wish them a great happiness !

A bit sad, neither his mother, sister, father.... I took not much interest in them beforehand but now my heart goes to them and I really wish them a great happiness !
Sorry I see now his sister was there.... great !

:previous: His mother attended. She's the lady wearing the purple dress with large sleeves in the Brauer photos.

ETA: Since his father objected to the marriage, it's probably best he didn't go.

Last edited:
Sad his dad didn't come but understandable not invited if he doesn't approve. Any if Cassiraghis there or meant to be tomorrow?

Quite casual. The brides dress wasn't very flattering. Look forward to tomorrow

Vulgar and Bad ourfits for young guests but Perfect for Princess Chantal .

Vulgar and Bad ourfits for young guests but Perfect for Princess Chantal .
Princess Alexandra looked nice to me. Appropriate for her age and for that kind of an event.

Yes , I agree for Alexandra.
I hope to-morrow in the Church we wll see right clothes !

Back
Top Bottom