The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
We really don't know why Caroline and Ernst don't divorce. We don't know either why they separate and who left the other or if it was a common decision. These two said nothing. Just one day Caroline moved with Alexandra in Monaco and that was it.
As to know if Caroline does not divorce because she is keen of her title of HRH is pure speculation. Furthermore Caroline goes to a very very few royal events, so the title HRH is not of a great use.
After she separated, out of Monaco, she went to the Luxembourg wedding (we don't know If she was there representing Monaco or the House of Hannover, and another wedding I can't recall which one. It is not enough in almost 7 years to say that she keeps the marriage for the title.
And at least it could impeach Prince EA Sr to wed this erotic model he had as girlfriend.
Agree - it is all speculation and only my opinion that she is too intelligent to make a decision about divorce based purely on a slight difference in rank.

I also agree that it means Ernst is not free to marry his dancer companion or whoever her replacement is.

At the Luxembourg wedding she was representing Monaco - Albert did not attend. I don't think she represents the House of Hanover anymore - she uses the title because it is still her title.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
Thank you!

Tatiana and Beatrice's dresses look pretty. Not liking Princess Alexandra's. Where is the rest of Eugenie Niarchos' dress? Yikes.
Yes, I noticed Eugenie Niarchos - it looks like a wedding night nightie.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
Yes, I noticed Eugenie Niarchos - it looks like a wedding night nightie.
This is called the 'light effect" dress not checked in full light. At least she wears underwear. Small but she does.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana View Post
Pictures of the guests in evening dress (pictures of Tatiana Santo Domingo, Alessandra de Osma, Beatrice Borromeo and Alexandra of Hannover):

Welfenhochzeit-So-schoen-war-die-Abendgarderobe
Thank you for the photos. Everyone looks nice in their pretty clothes, even the lady in the see-through nightie. It looks like they all came out of the hotel and got onto a bus. I suppose that makes more sense than everybody driving their cars to the castle for the dinner. Environmentally conscious. Good for them.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

Very cool - thank you for sharing. I know it takes a long time researching and preparing these things.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I see from Instagram that Pavlos and Marie-Chantals children all attended apart from Achilles-Andreas.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you to everyone who shared photos and articles of the wedding and congratulations to the couple!
I really liked Ekaterina's dress, it was quite beautiful and fairy tale like. India and Sasha were the cutest bridesmaid and page boy too. It was nice to see them included in the bridal party.
Forgive me if this has already been answered, but did Ernst August (Jr.)'s father attend? Since I read that he wasn't going to but just want to double check that fact.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Serene Highness

No, he didn't - he publicly said he opposed the marriage.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
No, he didn't - he publicly said he opposed the marriage.
Thank you for the confirmation. Apologies for asking again, but why was that so?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-09-2017, 06:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Thank you for the confirmation. Apologies for asking again, but why was that so?
Something to do with a disagreement over how his son is managing the Hanover patrimony that he signed over to him over a decade ago plus apparently no pre-nup which could potentially affect the estates again if there is divorce. He is taking his son to court over the management of the estates which he wants back.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:17 PM
Majesty

wow - the ladies looked superb in the evening. beatrice and tatiana are splendorous in their gowns. alessandra de osma's gown is also beyond beautiful with all those cherry blossom embroideries.

Quote:
Yes, it was a sign of respect - as the Consort of a Sovereign Prince she doesn't need to curtsey to anyone (other than the Pope) just as her husband doesn't need to bow to other monarchs (in spite of only being an HSH).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It was nice from Charlène to make a révérence to the Queen and to the Emperor. There was no obligation for her to do so. Had Charlène chosen for a nice handshake, that would have been perfect as well, for both Queen as Emperor. It were elegant signs of reverence for the two royals, far her senior in age and anciennity.
just what i thought. given the age (and seniority) of both of these ladies, i think what charlene did is totally right - even if she was under no obligation.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-10-2017, 08:08 AM
Gentry

I was also in Hanover this weekend and it was GREAT! I was accompanied by the lovely SydneyLux and we've had a great time!
If you'd like to see my pictures, please visit my Twitter page at twitter.com/royalarjan.

Follow me on Twitter: @royalarjan
Old 07-10-2017, 08:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrjann View Post
I was also in Hanover this weekend and it was GREAT! I was accompanied by the lovely SydneyLux and we've had a great time!
If you'd like to see my pictures, please visit my Twitter page at twitter.com/royalarjan.
How lucky! Lovely pictures - thanks for sharing.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Princess Charlene choose (she was not obliged to) to curtsey to the Queen of United Kingdom a assez did Carla Bruni. By respect to her age. And both ladies are spouses of Head of State, furthermore QEII is herself a Head of State.
I found very delicate from the two ladies to do so.

Among Royalty you do not curtsey to age, but to function and role! And as these photos proof, Charlene didn´t only curtsey the Queen and was not the only monegasque wife of a reigning Prince to do so. Its because she´s not the wife of an at least HRH head of state, like the GD of Luxembourg, but a Serene Highness.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Majesty

The bride's gown was rather beautiful. In fact she was a gorgeous bride period...very very regal.

So sad about the rift between father and son.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-10-2017, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Wait and see for the rift between Father and Son.
I am looking forward Prince Christian's Wedding .
Old 07-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Wait and see for the rift between Father and Son.
I am looking forward Prince Christian's Wedding .
Yes that is the big question - apparently the Senior and Christian are on good terms, went on holiday together, it will be likely to see both Ernst Augusts at the wedding, ignoring each other.

EA senior is brilliant at the game, he only showed up a couple of weeks ago at an in comparison unimportant family wedding to make a point, get press attention for his crusade against the Junior, ignoring him all the way.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:32 AM
Royal Highness

Oh I didn't realise EA got on with his other son, that is interesting. Likewise Christian was the one leading cheers as the couple left the church so there doesn't seem to be hard feelings there.

As you say the next wedding will be interesting indeed...
Old 07-10-2017, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

EA senior is brilliant at the game, he only showed up a couple of weeks ago at an in comparison unimportant family wedding to make a point, get press attention for his crusade against the Junior, ignoring him all the way.
The Wedding of Prince Hermann zu Leininen which was wattended by Ernst August sr. took place exactlx one wekk before the Wedding in Hannover. A reason that he attended it could also be that it took place in the Salzburg area which is not to far away from the Traunsee where the austrian posessions of the Family where Ernst August sr. lives are located. apparently he left direct after the ceremonx asnd did not attend the reception.
It will be interesting to see if Ernst August sr. attends the wedding of the Hereditary Prince zu Leiningen in September in Amorbach