The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
we didn't get many pictures of alexandra de osma, it seems.
Yes, what a pitty, but here is a good one Picture from Hola.com

Old 07-08-2017, 12:01 PM
Serene Highness

Alessandra de Osma looks sensational..

Otherwise a VERY undistinguished sartorial outing...

Old 07-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for all the photos!

I'm undecided on Ekaterina's wedding dress. There are lovely elements: pretty lace, square neckline, and that substantial floral tiara. Dislikes: puffy sleeves, skirt seems a tad large, and the tiara is angled backwards.

It's wonderful to see the Hanover sons and Casiraghis are close despite what happened (or is currently going on) between their parents. Chantal Hochuli looks elegant. This wedding and Christian's upcoming wedding must be bright spots for her after losing her partner this year.

Tatiana's and Princess Alexandra's outfits are wonderful. Ignoring Beatrice's donut hat, her dress is nice. I usually dislike dense prints/patterns but Charlotte's outfit has a retro vibe I'm liking yet can't explain. Only wish the shoulders section and hat were a lighter color somehow.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is sad that The Prince and The Princess of Hannover are not attending this highday. Can you imagine one of the current reigning monarchs or consorts boycotting the wedding of the heir(ess) ?

I am intrigued that Princess Ekaterina wore a Hannover heirloom. This means that The Prince, not attending the wedding, has given permission for the magnificent diadem to be used.

I don´t think he did. EA junior is in charge of many possessions, heirlooms as well as businesses of the former royal house because his father has given up dealing with these sort of things and handed it over to his eldest son quite some years ago. So EA jr. is managing all these things on his own. I guess this is also part of the reason why he refused to ask for permission to marry at all.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Long story but in short he has decided not to approve of the marriage and thereby removing his son from the position as Hereditary prince as a way to pressure him to give back the control of the Cumberland foundation that controlls the quite extensive family estates in Austria. Its all very Dynasty...
Does this mean that Prince Christian is the next Hereditary Prince?
Old 07-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Courtier

WOW, love all the pics, thanks so much for posting them!

The bride was the star of the show. She honestly looked like she stepped out of a page from a fairytale. The dress & veil were magical with tiny little appliques (for some reason it reminded me of Caroline Kennedy's shamrock veil). And the tiara was perfect for the occasion ~ stunning...

Next, Princess Alexandra was adorable & innocent & lovely in that sublime pink dress that showed off her beautiful peaches & cream complexion to perfection, as well as those sparkling baby blue eyes.

And Tatiana Casiraghi was the best I've ever seen her (besides her own wedding that is). Subtle, summery, beautiful, as well as her husband and little ones (Sasha & India are like real-life dolls!).

I wasn't surprised at all to see the Casiraghis out in force (just as i predicted last summer when the engagement was announced). The Hannover bros. & their step siblings have been close since they were children, they grew up together, and they share (have in common) Princess Alexandra. Both bros. were at Pierre, Andrea, and Uncle Albert's respective weddings. I've seen Pierre vacationing with them, as well Ernst Jr. was outside the hospital with his sister when Tatiana gave birth to Sasha. Likewise, Ernst Jr. was at many of Alexandra's skating competitions (sometimes sitting with Princess Caroline). Not to mention Ernst Jr. and Andrea have both lived in London for many years. The whole family is very close.

Next, Prince Christian's upcoming wedding, YEAH!
Old 07-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here are some additional photos from the Church Wedding.

PPE Agency
Old 07-08-2017, 02:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Does this mean that Prince Christian is the next Hereditary Prince?

He might. But on this very day EA jr. ist still heredit. Prince!
Old 07-08-2017, 02:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is sad that The Prince and The Princess of Hannover are not attending this highday. Can you imagine one of the current reigning monarchs or consorts boycotting the wedding of the heir(ess) ?

I am intrigued that Princess Ekaterina wore a Hannover heirloom. This means that The Prince, not attending the wedding, has given permission for the magnificent diadem to be used.
My personal opinion is that Caroline didn't attend due to the fact of how she became Princess of Hannover. She and the groom's mother were good friends prior; and Caroline was the cause of the divorce. That's water under the bridge now.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
He might. But on this very day EA jr. ist still heredit. Prince!
Thanks for the answer!
I read that the house rules of many German royal/noble houses are strict. Although family members may criticise the rules in question, they still follow them. Following the Welf house rules, Hereditary Princess Ekaterina converted to her spouse's religion.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:19 PM
Serene Highness

What a lovely day for a wedding. Nice to see that the Hanover and Casiraghi children are still close and can share these occasions. I think the bride looks lovely along with several of the guests, especially Princess Alexandra.

My personal feeling is that it's better that EA senior isn't there - shame he decided to cast a blight such a short time before the big day. He says it's not personal - why not say something sooner and keep it private if that's true? The man has always been a boor - can't think what either Chantal or Caroline saw in him. Seems to me his children are a credit to their mothers ...

As to Caroline, whether she was invited or not who knows? Her relationship with her stepsons is certainly civil enough - I suspect her non-attendance was for diplomatic reasons. I'm sure Chantal preferred her not to be present but plenty of ex-partners do manage to maintain civility in each others' presence especially over 20 years afterwards... It wouldn't have been the first time they both attended a common event.

Personally, I don't think husbands can be stolen - they can behave badly and break their vows but ultimately they're fully grown adults who make a choice to have an affair. The "other woman" (especially one who isn't married) whilst certainly not perfect, having made a questionable choice, is not a thief.

And Caroline and Chantal were not especially close friends and nowhere near best friends - but it does make a better story when taking the moral high ground.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Commoner

Alessandra de Osma

Old 07-08-2017, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Here are two articles about the wedding and a great large gallery:

** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery **

** hellomagazine: The Monaco royals head to Hanover for Prince Ernst-August Jr.'s wedding **

** dailymail: Prince Ernst August of Hanover puts on lavish show of German tradition as he walks the aisle with his Russian fashion designer bride **
Old 07-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

i dont know if Chantal and Caroline were the best friends before, but they were socially close. And when Chantal divorced from EA she made a public statement saying very clearly that she divorced because of a third woman. Quite simultaneously paparazzis cought Prince EA with Caroline in love trip in Thailand. Consequently i found difficult for Princess Caroline to be invited to this wedding when the ex wife plays the hostess and is the most important woman after the bride. Of course the fact that she is not with Prince EA anymore, facilitates her absence.
But I found very nice how close are the Casiraghis with the Hannovere, and they all love Alexandra so much, her father seems absent from her life, but she has a very loving family.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Majesty

Photos of the guests Royals or not mostly of course from Germany

Confessions of a Castleholic: Royal Wedding in Hanover: The Guests (Part 1)

Jewels from the Royal Ladies

http://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2017...n-hanover.html
Old 07-08-2017, 05:09 PM
Serene Highness

I think Caroline loves the "HRH" since the status of and "HRH" is far more superior to that of an "HSH," which is what Caroline was born to. She won't be trying to leave Ernst for the rest of her life.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
I think Caroline loves the "HRH" since the status of and "HRH" is far more superior to that of an "HSH," which is what Caroline was born to. She won't be trying to leave Ernst for the rest of her life.
I think so too.

Otherwise, she'd probably have divorced him long ago. He's been an embarrassment.

(Just goes to show...when the Other Woman becomes the wife, then there'll be a new Other Woman!)
Old 07-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Photos of the guests Royals or not mostly of course from Germany

Confessions of a Castleholic: Royal Wedding in Hanover: The Guests (Part 1)

Jewels from the Royal Ladies

Royal Wedding Jewels in Hanover | The Court Jeweller
Thanks for the link!
Prince Heinrich looked great. It is hard to believe that he is Prince Ernst August's brother. Prince Albert is very handsome.

Princess Maria-Theresia had an interesting hairstyle.

Mrs Lauren Santo Domingo wore a rather inappropriate dress.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Really a fairytale wedding... one of the best dresses I have ever seen.... and this glorious weather... everybody looking nice and happy !!!!!!
Old 07-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Really a fairytale wedding... one of the best dresses I have ever seen.... and this glorious weather... everybody looking nice and happy !!!!!!

Her dress is nice (though I'm not keen on the gathered sleeves, they make her shoulders look so wide).

But he looks like he borrowed his clothes from someone else! They don't fit at all.