The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is sad that The Prince and The Princess of Hannover are not attending this highday. Can you imagine one of the current reigning monarchs or consorts boycotting the wedding of the heir(ess) ?

I am intrigued that Princess Ekaterina wore a Hannover heirloom. This means that The Prince, not attending the wedding, has given permission for the magnificent diadem to be used.
It seems only logical for Caroline not attending considering the state of her marriage.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

IMO the stunning veil and tiara would have need a more lace - toned down dress, everything together is too much and not my cup of tea. The bride loos stunning regardless because she's a beautiful woman anyway.

Not impressed by anybody else, Charlotte's outfit is awful and Beatrice is ok but boring (not really a fan of the thing on her head either). Alexandra looks good though.

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 07-08-2017, 09:29 AM
Royal Highness

I wonder if Caroline would have planned on attending if it had been known much more in advance that The Prince would not have been attending? She seems closer to the boys than their father
Old 07-08-2017, 09:29 AM
Majesty

HRH Ekaterina looked nice. The tiara and veil were stunning.

Beatrice Casiraghi's hat was extremely awkward.

It is nice to see Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie, Prince Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe (his girlfriend's ensemble left much to be desired) attending event. Hopefully there will be photos of Prince Hubertus and Princess Kelly as well as the Thurn und Taxis family.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:18 AM
Serene Highness

Regarding Carolines non-attendance Id say its not only about her relationship to EA sr but also about her canoodling with him when he was still married to Chantal who at the time was one of her best friends. I also beleive that EA Sr couldnt block the use of the Floral tiara even if he wanted to since its probably included in the estate he handed over to his son a few years ago.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Regarding Carolines non-attendance Id say its not only about her relationship to EA sr but also about her canoodling with him when he was still married to Chantal who at the time was one of her best friends.
Agreed. I imagine Chantel didn't want her there and her son didn't even think of inviting her. It was nice that all of Caroline's children were there and it looks like Andrea's little ones were in the wedding. Chantal looked very nice.

I think the bride looks beautiful. Her dress is amazing with loads of bling without being too over the top. It's a lovely dress and goes perfectly with the tiara.

I think Charlotte could have worn something a bit more young and modern. That black outfit just looks much too funereal for a wedding in the sunshine. She really looks ridiculous.

Beatrice looks lovely, as always. I like her dress but don't understand the hat. Andrea's wife (Tatiana?) looks much nicer than she usually does. She ditched the "boho chic" for a very pretty dress and the hat is to die for. I love it. I adore big summer hats. I have to give her major props for looking so chic.

All in all, it looks like a very nice summer wedding and everyone looks happy and relaxed. Thanks to everyone who posted the links. It was a nice unexpected Saturday morning surprise for me.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I folowed the HAZ 1 hour 26 livestream and had such a great fun with the Schütze Köninge/innen.
The Casiraghi had to say who they were , I suppose inside the Chuch they were people saying where they were sitting.
Lovely Princess Alexandra stayed outside the Church and came out helping the bride's dress.
I like Princess Chantal whose best friend stole her husband and who lost her Partner a few weeks ago.
This was not a Royal Wedding the new Princess of Hannover did not wear the little Crown of Hannover like her GrandMother and Queen Frederika.
Next Wedding , third Wedding for Prince Alexander of Schaumberg-Lippe .
Old 07-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Royal Highness

Pictures from Hola.com

The Weeding
Ernst August de Hannover y Ekaterina Malysheva se dan el 'sí, quiero' en la boda real del año

Guests (Casiraghis, Christian of Hannover and Alessandra de Osma)
Los hermanos Casiraghi, digna representación de la familia real de Mónaco ante la ausencia de Carolina

Pre-Weeding-Party
La divertida fiesta preboda de Ernst August y Ekaterina en una cervecería de Hannover

Family Picture (from HAZ)
http://www.haz.de/var/storage/images...rticleWide.jpg
Old 07-08-2017, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Was India Casiraghi one of the flower girls?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana View Post
... [snipped]
Family Picture (from HAZ)
http://www.haz.de/var/storage/images...rticleWide.jpg
I see Crown Prince Pavlos and his spouse. I guess they represent King Constantine, Prince Ernst August's godfather.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Was India Casiraghi one of the flower girls?
An Alexandre page boy. So cute!

http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...027&m=bmaahlmp
http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...027&m=kmmemdcb
Old 07-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Majesty

ekaterina didn't look like the happiest of brides, i must say. her entrance to the church barely had a smile and she looked pensive and meditative.

the gown of the bride is rather spectacular looking but not particularly pretty in my opinion. i loved the carriage to take them out of the service though! how scenic. her bridesmaids all seemed dressed in different dresses, which is an odd choice. i guess they just wore what they liked and weren't given all matching ones?

it looks like sasha and india were part of the pages! sweet. i guess they have a close relationship with the casiraghis. did charlotte's raphael attend too?

alexandra looked lovely in her understated, yet elegant gown. she seems very down to earth. we didn't get many pictures of alexandra de osma, it seems.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the photos!
Princess Elisabeth is rather fond of these shoes.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Serene Highness

The bride looked lovely, I think it is understandable that she may have been nervous. With all the nonsense involving her father in-law. Not to mention this is a big moment in her life.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Majesty

Beautiful tiara and veil. I find the gown too much, the sleeves dated.

Understandable Caroline is not there even if Ernst isn't there. Considering the state of her marriage. But also respect to the mother of the groom.

Nice to see the Cassiraghis in force. And that India abd Sasha were in the wedding. Great they are still close.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Lovely to see Andrea,Pierre, Beatrice and Charlotte there with their sister Princess Alexandra .

Where was the grooms father?
Old 07-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Lovely to see Andrea,Pierre, Beatrice and Charlotte there with their sister Princess Alexandra .

From earlier articles he seems to have boycotted. He demanded the return of many of the family properties or he wouldn't support the wedding. Things have been pretty bad since the Duke of Cumberland properties, the control of the trust was taken from dad and given to son. Seems to be also some issue with the bride being Russian and some fear she is a gold digger.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post

Long story but in short he has decided not to approve of the marriage and thereby removing his son from the position as Hereditary prince as a way to pressure him to give back the control of the Cumberland foundation that controlls the quite extensive family estates in Austria. Its all very Dynasty...
Old 07-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Serene Highness

HAZ has a nice gallery and several articles covering the wedding. http://m.haz.de/Hannover/Aus-der-Sta...er-Marktkirche