The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Nobility

I always thought she looked lovely. Her wedding dress was very unique and when you place it in perspective, the late 80's, even more so. It was said that at the last minute Victoria changed her hairdo - she originally had it up, but decided on having it down. She must have been very nervous. Imagine the number of photographers at this event which was attended by both Prince Charles and Princess Diana. It also rained on her wedding day, and superstition has it that it isn't a good sign. I don't believe in this but that's what some people believe...

Old 02-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I read Hello Magazine yesterday on my mail about she not Countess Spencer anymore because she divorces from Charles Spencer she told Hello magazine about that she got married again to Jonathan im sure she got stripped titles from HM Queen or what? im ask question about that. She become Victoria Aitken

Sara Boyce

Old 02-07-2005, 03:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:

It also rained on her wedding day, and superstition has it that it isn't a good sign.
I dont' know...In my country, people said (free translation): "Rainy wedding, happy marriage."

Old 02-08-2005, 12:24 AM
Aristocracy

Oh she looks miserable, she's so thin!

she had an eating problem didn't she?
Old 02-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny
Oh she looks miserable, she's so thin!

she had an eating problem didn't she?
I believe she was anorexic for a while.
Lollies!
-Kara-
Old 02-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Nobility

I´m sorry....but she really looked like a ghost in the pictures....I can´t belive...she was really slobby that day...
Old 02-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
I read Hello Magazine yesterday on my mail about she not Countess Spencer anymore because she divorces from Charles Spencer she told Hello magazine about that she got married again to Jonathan im sure she got stripped titles from HM Queen or what? im ask question about that. She become Victoria Aitken

Sara Boyce
Sara, the reason Victoria is no longer Countess Spencer is that she remarried. Her title came from her husband; it wasn't hers in her own right. She kept the name "Countess Spencer" after her divorce in the same way that many women keep their married names after divorce. However, keeping the name didn't give her the title itself, just as keeping a name after a divorce doesn't mean a woman's still married. But once Victoria remarried, she took her new husband's name, as many women do. It was nothing to do with the Queen stripping titles or anything like that; it's just the way the law works.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Courtier

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100
She automatically loses her title b/c she remarried. Otherwise if she remained single she could have kept it for life. Her children with the earl still have their titles. Since they were born with the titles they will keep them until their death or if they renounce them.

The reason Victoria looks so awful on her wedding day and engagement photos is b/c she was battling anorexia and bulima at the time. I also thought in an interview there was a bit of drugs/alcohol but I cannot be sure this is true. But we know for a fact she was suffering for an eating disorder. Which is why she looked like death. Her hair looked bad for the same reason.
I've never been a fan of her wedding gown. For her, I would have chosen a lighter weight fabric with more of a fit for her tiny figure. To me, she looks as if she drowning in the fabric in that gown. It's all wrong for her and that might be one reason she didn't look as well as she could have.:(
Old 02-21-2005, 02:00 AM
Courtier

Is there a thread for her most recent wedding? I've only seen a small picture of it and I wasn't able to get a really good look at it. However, from what I did see, she hasn't improved from her first wedding, and in fact, in my opinion, looked even more emaciated.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:19 AM
Commoner

Can someone post a bigger pic of the formal wedding portrait of the wedding party? it's the one where charles & diana are seated. Also, is there one lovely pic of Victoria alone in her dress by herself?
Old 09-08-2005, 06:04 AM
Gentry

was it the same tiara Diana wore on her wedding day?
Old 09-08-2005, 06:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
Is it just me, or do all of them look bored out of their minds, especially the bridesmaid sitting on the floor:)
I so agree with you , they look like they would rather been any where else
than sitting there !!! ahaha!
Old 09-08-2005, 06:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
Another pic...

this picture, I like...I think she looks nice in it.

-Eliza
Old 09-08-2005, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Tiara!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulik
was it the same tiara Diana wore on her wedding day?
Yes, she is wearing the Spencer Tiara, just as Diana did.
Here is a tiara pic...
source: originally from Geoffrey Munn "Tiaras - A History of Splendour"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spencer Tiara.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	191085  
Old 09-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Commoner

Can someone please post bigger pics of Victoria in her wedding gown? Please!
Old 09-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100
Does anyone have a closeup photo of her engagement ring?? I know you can see it a bit in one of the photos. I remember it was really beautifull. A ruby and diamond ring shaped like a heart with a crown on top. It was an antique.
Yes, it is a beautiful ring - very unique & symbolic. The Earl bought it from Bond Street jewellers, S.J. Phillips and it was thought to have cost around 5000 pounds.

Photo: Tim Graham
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled-Scanned-18.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	191373  
Old 09-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl
Can someone post a bigger pic of the formal wedding portrait of the wedding party? it's the one where charles & diana are seated. Also, is there one lovely pic of Victoria alone in her dress by herself?
I've never seen a photo of her alone of her wedding day, sorry. But here is a bigger photo of the formal wedding portrait.

Photo: Donovan
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled-Scanned-15.jpg
Views:	1122
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	191374  
Old 09-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

Some pictures of the bridesmaids and the pageboys - Eleanor Fellowes (daughter of Diana's sister Jane), Prince Harry, Alexander Fellowes (son of Jane) and Emily McCorquindale (daughter of Diana's sister Sarah).

Their outfits were inspired by two paintings hanging at Althorp House. The pageboys outfit was inspired by a Joshua Reynolds 1779 portrait of Lord Althorp (below).

Photos: Tim Graham/Donovan

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled-Scanned-12.jpg
Views:	1697
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	191375   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-Scanned-13.jpg
Views:	1792
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	191376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-Scanned-17.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	191377   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg
Views:	1872
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	191378  

Old 09-09-2005, 02:34 AM
Commoner

Thank you so much for the bigger portrait! Victoria's wedding dress is my all time favorite.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:37 AM
Nobility

Prince Harry is such a cutie on that pic..Thanks for the photos!!

Tags
charles spencer, earl spencer, victoria lockwood, viscount althorp