Duke Michael von Württemberg & Julia Storz 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannelore

Heir Presumptive
City
Bruges
Country
Belgium
Pictures of the engaged couple (DPA)

Attachments

• wurttembergstorz_02.jpg
    wurttembergstorz_02.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 4,555
  • wurttembergstorz_01.jpg
    wurttembergstorz_01.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 2,637
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh cool, i live in Stuttgart..Will it be a public wedding? Maybe i can watch it ;)

nordishbynature said:
Oh cool, i live in Stuttgart..Will it be a public wedding? Maybe i can watch it ;)
I thought that the wedding of his sister Fleur was broadcasted by a regional German tv station so maybe ...

Hannelore said:
Pictures of the engaged couple (DPA)
I think the couple looks beautiful and happy (well they would be happy of course :))

I had never seen this woman before, but there's something in her face - a kind of openness- that's quite pretty I think.

BTW I wonder what Michael's mother, duchess Diane of Württemberg, thinks about this wedding...she always made it clear she wanted her children to make equal marriages ...

Unequal but OK?

Hannelore said:
BTW I wonder what Michael's mother, duchess Diane of Württemberg, thinks about this wedding...she always made it clear she wanted her children to make equal marriages ...
Well four out of six isn't too bad in the modern age (Princess of Wied; Duchess Marie Caroline in Bavaria; Erbgraf von Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg; Count von Goess). Even so I think it natural that Duchess Diane would have preferred her youngest son to marry within the family traditions. However, the Hereditary Duke chose the appropriate (dynastic) bride, and that's the main thing; the Dynasty will continue in its present form for another couple of generations, at least.

As far as I know there was no accompanying announcement that Michael would have to renounce his dynastic rights on his marriage, so maybe Duke Carl and Duchess Diane accept the situation.

Age of the bride

To me she looks at least in her mid or end thirties. Does anybody know her exact age? It´s a circumstance of our modern times to have more and more of those "late" brides. F.i. Anita van Eyck in the Netherlands who is going to marry one of the royal princes this month and turns 36 in October.

I agree they look like a nice, down to earth couple. Any idea what they might do for a living? Curious minds would love to know! ;)

And I agree with Stephanie, royal brides seem to get ever older! Nothing wrong with that, but it's interesting, certainly reflecting demographic tendencies in Europe!

What is the average age that people marry for the first time in Europe? Thanks.

Is it known when and where the wedding will take place?

Has a date been announced for the wedding of Michael W. and Julia Stolz?

Hannelore said:

That was the first thing I thought as well! She snubbed her sister Anne in her (terrible) biography for not being able to marry her children ebenburtig (although not in those words).... so I hope she gets a good stress out of this. Somehow I felt that in the book she never forgave her sister that her parents-in-law preferred Anne over Diane.

paloma said:
Is it known when and where the wedding will take place?
the date hasn't been anounced yet. I suppose they will get married at Altshausen where the castle of the dukes of Württemberg is, and where Michael's brothers and sisters got married as well.

princess olga said:
And I agree with Stephanie, royal brides seem to get ever older! Nothing wrong with that, but it's interesting, certainly reflecting demographic tendencies in Europe!

They're both 40. (I wonder if they'll still try to have children ?)

Most people in Europe get married before that age (that is, if they decide to get married), although you're right people aren't as young to get married as a generation or more ago.

It is known that Duchess Diane wishes for her children to marry equally. I wonder what she thinks of this marriage. She may just be happy that he is getting married. Do you think that the bride will wear the Weurttemberg wedding tiara?

It's not just duchess Diane's wish that her children make equal marriages, duke Carl thinks exactly the same...

As for the tiara, wait and see :) (hopefully we won't have to wait to long!)

So if Carl approves the marriage, Julia will become a duchess, if not, then she remains just Julia Stolz, correct?

For an official engagement, Duke Karl could have looked much happier and enthused!

Will this be considered an equal marriage?

...resembles Julia Storz very much. Could she be it?

On Glittering Royal Events message board there are the photos of the official engagement on October 8th!
Together with it they posted some nice photos of Fleur with her family. Fleur looks pregnant again. Can somebody tell me if I´m right?

For an "Official Engagement", Julia could have look Better. Jeans :eek:

kate14 said:
For an "Official Engagement", Julia could have look Better. Jeans :eek:
I agree jeans were not that necessary. But she is a pretty and svelte woman, she can get awy with it.

from Seeger Press

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00148302.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148302.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,395
  • pre-SEEGER00148281.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148281.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,552
  • pre-SEEGER00148267.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148267.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 3,997
  • pre-SEEGER00148263.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148263.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 4,244
  • pre-SEEGER00148301.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148301.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,119
  • pre-SEEGER00148296.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148296.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 913
  • pre-SEEGER00148295.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148295.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,067
  • pre-SEEGER00148293.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148293.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,338
The jeans and the shoes just don't go with the jacket -- looks like a thrown-together ensemble. And it's odd how she's perched on the chair's arm (maybe the photographer wanted to be innovative?). IMO not a good set of photographs.

It's very different from the beautiful, regal engagement photos (with gowns and tiaras) that we saw at the engagement of Friedrich with princess Marie zu Wied and of Philip with duchess Marie Caroline of Bavaria.

Maybe that's why it looks a little odd - to me too BTW.

The photographer probably decided on the composition of the photos.
As far as jeans and her outfit, they seem to be an unpretentious couple, so maybe they don't care what others think. Would I wear jeans for my engagement, no! However, to each their own. They seem to be very much in love and that is what counts the most.:)

Now, Eberhard needs to find a lovely young woman.:D

Fleur seems to be expecting baby number two. Any information:confused:

Last edited:
Julia is pretty. Can't say that she's marrying into the most photogenic family, though.

I love her shoes. but are those jeans really necessary. honestly! I'm sure she thinks its avant garde, but it just doesnt work for this occasion.

Duke Michael von Württemberg and Julia Storz will get married on the 14th of April 2006 at the castle of Altshausen.

Hello.....

The wedding date for the Württemberg-Storz wedding is May 6, 2006 at Friedrichshafen. This is from Netty's royalty page

Hailey

nordishbynature said:
So they will marry tomorrow?

No they will not marry tomorrow. The wedding is postponed to July but there are several dates mentioned. It will be a privat wedding so probably not to much to see of it.

some more pictures of the engaged couple (seegerpress)

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00148256.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148256.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 640
  • pre-SEEGER00148268.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148268.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 518
  • pre-SEEGER00148269.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148269.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 531
  • pre-SEEGER00148266.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148266.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 460
  • pre-SEEGER00148265.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148265.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 319
  • pre-SEEGER00148259.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148259.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 434
  • pre-SEEGER00148258.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148258.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 500
  • pre-SEEGER00148257.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148257.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 447
  • pre-SEEGER00148271.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148271.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 293
  • pre-SEEGER00148272.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00148272.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 363
Interview and pic from Point de Vue Oct. 26,2005

THE MARRIAGE OF LOVE AND WINE

The son of princess Diane of France and the duke of Württemberg got engaged last August and anounces his wedding to take place in the summer of 2006. Passionate about wine, his dream is to further devellop the family vineyards with Julia, his future wife.

Text: Sébastien Dufour

How did you meet your future wife, Julia Storz?

It was a beautiful first meeting, more than a year ago, at the birthday party of mutual friends. We sat next to each other at table. You can say it was love at first sight.

Has the date for the wedding been fixed?

Yes, it will be in May or June next year...But we'll keep the place secret!

Will your future wife continue her carreer as a lawyer?

I have the luck to have found a companion, but also a true professional support in Julia. No doubt she will combine her competences in law with my passion for wine. We already have mutual projects for the vineyards. She'll be able to bring me support in the every day life of this enterprise that's close to both of us.

And you're already dreaming of a baby?

That's of course the best of projects!

Your fiancée comes from Munich. Once you're married, where will you live?

My place is in Stuttgart, with my vineyards. A vineyard has a life of 30 years and I want to see the ones that I planted grow.

To take on the family business like you did, was it out of duty or passion?

Our vineyards date back tot the 15th century. The tradition was never interrupted. After my agronomy studies and a training in our exploitation, I realized just what our wine production represented. Like it's the custom in our family, I started drinking wine with dinner at the age of 15. but to actually produce it is something else. Our 40 hectares are situated on hilly grounds, so we work with terrace cultures, without machines. An ancestral and colossal work. Each year we produce about 270,000 bottles of white and red wine, only to be sold in Germany. For 2 years now I've started to use biological techniques, it's an economiuc and ecological project. To take over the business was a passion for me.

Here are some pictures from Seeger Press (with watermarks).
I really don't like Julia Storz's wedding dress (I hate "two pieces", they're far less elegant than "entire gowns"), but her bouquet is really beautiful.

Source: Seeger Press.

Two pieces have become more popular in recent years haven't they?
The bouquet is very pretty & I love her attendants dresses.

leonardinha said:
Here are some pictures from Seeger Press (with watermarks).
I really don't like Julia Storz's wedding dress (I hate "two pieces", they're far less elegant than "entire gowns"), but her bouquet is really beautiful.
Source: Seeger Press.

Having a jacket over a strapless gown (or other designs that bare the shoulders) is a compromise between needing to cover the shoulders and upper arms in church but wanting a strapless dress for the reception, especially if there's a dance or something.

It seems as though strapless wedding dresses are in fashion at the moment, and I know some churches don't allow them because they're considered too revealing. I suppose that's where the jacket comes in, although it's a bit of a shame that the wedding dress is chosen with an eye to the reception rather than the wedding.

Back
Top Bottom