The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-04-2006, 05:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Duke Michael von Württemberg and Julia Storz will get married on the 14th of April 2006 at the castle of Altshausen.

Old 03-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Commoner

Hello.....

The wedding date for the Württemberg-Storz wedding is May 6, 2006 at Friedrichshafen. This is from Netty's royalty page

Hailey

Old 05-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Gentry

So they will marry tomorrow?
Old 05-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordishbynature
So they will marry tomorrow?
No they will not marry tomorrow. The wedding is postponed to July but there are several dates mentioned. It will be a privat wedding so probably not to much to see of it.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-06-2006, 06:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

some more pictures of the engaged couple (seegerpress)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00148256.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	242148   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00148257.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	242150   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00148258.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	242152   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00148259.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	242154  

Name:	pre-SEEGER00148265.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	242155   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00148266.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	242156   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00148269.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	242157   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00148268.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	242158  

Name:	pre-SEEGER00148271.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	242159   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00148272.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	242160  
Old 05-07-2006, 05:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Interview and pic from Point de Vue Oct. 26,2005

THE MARRIAGE OF LOVE AND WINE

The son of princess Diane of France and the duke of Württemberg got engaged last August and anounces his wedding to take place in the summer of 2006. Passionate about wine, his dream is to further devellop the family vineyards with Julia, his future wife.

Text: Sébastien Dufour

How did you meet your future wife, Julia Storz?

It was a beautiful first meeting, more than a year ago, at the birthday party of mutual friends. We sat next to each other at table. You can say it was love at first sight.

Has the date for the wedding been fixed?

Yes, it will be in May or June next year...But we'll keep the place secret!

Will your future wife continue her carreer as a lawyer?

I have the luck to have found a companion, but also a true professional support in Julia. No doubt she will combine her competences in law with my passion for wine. We already have mutual projects for the vineyards. She'll be able to bring me support in the every day life of this enterprise that's close to both of us.

And you're already dreaming of a baby?

That's of course the best of projects!

Your fiancée comes from Munich. Once you're married, where will you live?

My place is in Stuttgart, with my vineyards. A vineyard has a life of 30 years and I want to see the ones that I planted grow.

To take on the family business like you did, was it out of duty or passion?

Our vineyards date back tot the 15th century. The tradition was never interrupted. After my agronomy studies and a training in our exploitation, I realized just what our wine production represented. Like it's the custom in our family, I started drinking wine with dinner at the age of 15. but to actually produce it is something else. Our 40 hectares are situated on hilly grounds, so we work with terrace cultures, without machines. An ancestral and colossal work. Each year we produce about 270,000 bottles of white and red wine, only to be sold in Germany. For 2 years now I've started to use biological techniques, it's an economiuc and ecological project. To take over the business was a passion for me.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Here are posted on GREMB by GREMBers
http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranjes/
Old 07-09-2006, 06:26 AM
Aristocracy

Here are some pictures from Seeger Press (with watermarks).
I really don't like Julia Storz's wedding dress (I hate "two pieces", they're far less elegant than "entire gowns"), but her bouquet is really beautiful.

Source: Seeger Press.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Two pieces have become more popular in recent years haven't they?
The bouquet is very pretty & I love her attendants dresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardinha
Here are some pictures from Seeger Press (with watermarks).
I really don't like Julia Storz's wedding dress (I hate "two pieces", they're far less elegant than "entire gowns"), but her bouquet is really beautiful.
Source: Seeger Press.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 07-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Having a jacket over a strapless gown (or other designs that bare the shoulders) is a compromise between needing to cover the shoulders and upper arms in church but wanting a strapless dress for the reception, especially if there's a dance or something.

It seems as though strapless wedding dresses are in fashion at the moment, and I know some churches don't allow them because they're considered too revealing. I suppose that's where the jacket comes in, although it's a bit of a shame that the wedding dress is chosen with an eye to the reception rather than the wedding.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Serene Highness

yes her bouquet is superb. I also get the sense it's not a 'two piece', as in, a skirt and a top, but rather an entire dress and a jacket. Not sure about the jacket, either, but the skirt flows nicely enough and she is an altogether pretty bride.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
I don't know.....To me it does look like a 2 piece- skirt & top. I would think if it were a top or a jacket covering a strapless dress then it would be open & not buttoned/zipped up.
But of course I could be wrong (which I probably am )

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
I also get the sense it's not a 'two piece', as in, a skirt and a top, but rather an entire dress and a jacket. Not sure about the jacket, either, but the skirt flows nicely enough and she is an altogether pretty bride.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 07-10-2006, 01:15 AM
Majesty

Duke Michael and Duchess Julia,nèè Storz got married last saturday,at Altshausen:)
Old 07-10-2006, 06:49 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, Elspeth, you're probably right... It could be a jacket over a strapless gown! :) I'm not a big fan of strapless dresses and two pieces (my wedding gown was an entire one - with long sleeves! ), but I must recognize the fabric of Julia's gown and her veil were exquisite. Again: I adore her bouquet, it's amazing!

P.S.: like Lady Jennifer said, two pieces are particularly in, but IMHO they're not so "royal".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Having a jacket over a strapless gown (or other designs that bare the shoulders) is a compromise between needing to cover the shoulders and upper arms in church but wanting a strapless dress for the reception, especially if there's a dance or something.

It seems as though strapless wedding dresses are in fashion at the moment, and I know some churches don't allow them because they're considered too revealing. I suppose that's where the jacket comes in, although it's a bit of a shame that the wedding dress is chosen with an eye to the reception rather than the wedding.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien
Duke Michael and Duchess Julia,nèè Storz got married last saturday,at Altshausen:)
The civil Wedding took place on Friday 07. July at Altshausen and the religious on 08. July at Friedrichshafen. I was there together with someone i know. it was the wish of the groom that the Wedding should be very privat and at Friedrichshafen there is the Church before the castle and before the Church is Court in which most of the Guests drove in with their Cars. As the bridal Couple came from the Castle to the Church we could hardly see the because before the Entrance to the Church is a hedge but after the Church they left into the Garden you could see them walking there. We had also some luck because the Church was closed the entire day but in the morning another wedding took place there ynd a very friendly sacristan let us together with the Guests to this wedding into and so we could see the wonderfull decorated Church. As we had heard that a part of the Family would got to Altshausen for a breek of a few hours before coming back to Friedrichshafen we also drove there and we could see Duke Carl and Duchess Diane leaving and also the little son of Duchess Fleur, Count Zeno.

In the next day a Report with photos i took there will be added to my website. You can also find pictures at the website o E. Gerben who we meet at Friedrichshafen. it is www.fuerstenhaeuser.nl

Royal Travel and Events

Old 07-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The religious wedding of Duke Michael of Württemberg (*1965) and Julia Storz took place at the Schloß Altshausen, last Saturday, July 8th.

Photos by SeegerPress:
1. Schlosskirche of Friedrichshafen;
2-3. the young bridesmaids leadered by Duke Carl Theodor dressed in uniform;
4-5. the groom with his parents, Duke Carl and Duchess Diane.

Old 07-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
The religious wedding of Duke Michael of Württemberg (*1965) and Julia Storz took place at the Schloß Altshausen, last Saturday, July 8th.
Not at Schloß Altshausen but at the Schloßkirche Frieidrichshafen.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 07-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Not at Schloß Altshausen but at the Schloßkirche Frieidrichshafen.
That's what is mentioned in the photo caption. The church's name is Schloßkirche Frieidrichshafen and there was a celebration at the Schloss Altshausen (i.e. the residence of the Würtemberg family).

Photos by SeegerPress:

Old 07-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Photos by SeegerPress:

1-3. The couple receives the compliments of the groom's parents, Duke Carl and Duchess Diane;
4. group photo of the Württemberg family;
5. Archduke Heinrich and Archduchess Ludmilla von Habsburg;
6. Count Johannes and countess Marie Valerie zu Konigsegg-Aulendorf;
7. Count Moritz von Goess and his wife, Countess Fleur née Württemberg.

Old 07-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

More guests by SeegerPress:

1. Duke Friedrich von Württemberg;
2. Duke Philipp von Württemberg and Duchess Marie;
3. Prince Michael von Baden and Princess Maria Anna in Bayern;
4. Erbgraf Alexander von Quadt und Isny with his wife Erbgräfin Martina;
5. Erbgraf Erich von Waldburg-Zeil with his wife Erbgräfin Mathilde and daughters;
6. Erbprinz Bernhard and Erbprinzessin Stephanie with Princess Aglae and Prince Michael von Baden;
7. Princess Elizabeth in Bayern with her husband Daniel Terberger, Princess Maria Anna in Bayern and Countess Adelheid von Rechberg und Rothenlowen.
8. Markgraf Friedrich von Pallavicini with his wife Helene.