Duchess Sophie of Württemberg and Maximilien d'Andigné - Sep 15th / Okt 20th 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are a lovely couple. Isn't the religious wedding planned for the 20th October? It will probably a big affair with loads of royal and noble guests. Let's hope that they allow photographers! Is there anything known about the groom?

They are a lovely couple. Isn't the religious wedding planned for the 20th October? It will probably a big affair with loads of royal and noble guests. Let's hope that they allow photographers! Is there anything known about the groom?

The groom is from an old french noble Family.

Thanks for the link, nice to see a few photos. The bride looks very much like her mother. Good to see her grandparents there, esp. the duke and duchess of Wurttemberg.

I have been in Altshausen but as there where no Press i could not share my pcis. Before the Ceremony we could see some Familymembers looking out of the Castle Windwos. Probably from the room where the Ceremony took place. After i had ended the Family came out out the Castle and stood on the stairs before the entrance and listened to the Music Chapel of Altshausen and the yellow Husars from Bad Saulgau who played some Music in the Castle Court. After it had ended the Family walked through the Castle Park to the private Park of the Castle where a reception took plaqce. Only Duke Carl did not walk with them. He was later driven in one of the small Golfcars of the Family.
Present have been all uncles and aunts of the bride with their Families i have only not seen the Liechtenstein children

Last edited:
Duchess Marie (nee Pss of Wied) also attended?

Duchess Marie (nee Pss of Wied) also attended?

Yes she was there with her children. And she wore the same Blazer she had worn at her civil Wedding 25 years ago.

Congratulations to them! :flowers:
Sophie and Maximilien seem like a nice couple and from what I could see the wedding looked lovely and her dress was beautiful.

She looks beautiful the crown princess of Liechtenstein was there too

Is it the tiara Duchess Diane and Duchess Marie wore at their Wedding ?

And another one from Bunte, with a video as well:

https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-...gernsee-das-brautkleid-ist.html#h=mainStage_1

The pictures are more clear, and it is indeed the tiara that Dss Fleur was wearing at her wedding. I believe that Dss Diane and Dss Marie wore another tiara which is larger.

I did not see any Orleans relatives apart from Pss Clothilde in the video or photos. Neither did I spot the duke of Bavaria.

Last edited:
And another one from Bunte, with a video as well:

https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-...gernsee-das-brautkleid-ist.html#h=mainStage_1

The pictures are more clear, and it is indeed the tiara that Dss Fleur was wearing at her wedding. I believe that Dss Diane and Dss Marie wore another tiara which is larger.

I did not see any Orleans relatives apart from Pss Clothilde in the video or photos. Neither dijYes it iYd I spot the duke of Bavaria.
Yes it is the smaller of the Württemberg diamond tiaras. It was also worn by the sisters of Duke Carl at their Weddings

Last edited:
Princess Fleur wore the same tiara. Princess Mathilde and Princess Marie d' Orléans, I don't remember.
Did Princess Marie Thérèse wore the same tiare when she married Henri d' Orléans ?

I love the fashion of the pageboys. Very cute!

I think that the duchess of Montpensier wore this tiara as well during her wedding.

Article from the Daily Mail, the author forgot to mention the Bavarian connection & Jacobite claim of her family:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-marries-French-Count-Maximilien-dAndign.html
The Tiara was also worn by Duchesses Helene and Elisabeth at their weddings. This Tiara seems to be the Wedding Tiara for the daughters of the Family The only one who used a different Tiara was Duchess Mathilde

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos and links !:flowers:
The couple looked lovely. The veil slightly overshadowed the tiara though.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the happy couple!

It seems that the bigger diamond tiara is reserved for the brides of the heirs, while this one has been worn by many other brides in the family. It's a beautiful jewel and looks great with a bridal veil.

Royal Watchers updated the Wurtenberg tiaras and he tiara of to day is called " the small tiara"

All my respect goes to the old Duke Karl 's attendence for his first Grand Child to marry.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple! Sophie's dress is beautiful and it seems like it was a lovely family wedding.

Congratulations to the couple!
Duchess Sophie looks beautiful :flowers:
I love her wedding dress and the pageboys/Flower girls fashion style. They look cute in their costumes.

How many tiaras did Sophie have to choose from? I doubt there's a wedding tiara tradition.

Fleur von Württemberg really lost a lot of weight in a short time. Gastric bypass?

This must be so hard for Friedrich's family... I saw his widow Marie on the arm of her brother-in-law Erich, together with Mathilde... Brave!

Joachim of Belgium & his Spanish girlfriend Victoria Ortiz were also among the guests.

Back
Top Bottom