Donna Lavinia dei Principi Borromeo Arese Taverna & John Elkann 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Goodness.............Thanks Tosca. I guess this is how it looks when Genes, Money and Love get together.........

hi

has anyone found pics of the wedding of donna laura borromeo d'adda with marco lazzaroni

thanks

hi

has anyone found pics of the wedding of donna laura borromeo d'adda with marco lazzaroni

thanks

Not yet, sorry! But there's a gallery with pics of Lavinia with her sons Leone and Oceano Elkann vacationing in Forte dei Marmi:

Olycom - News

Lavinia Elkann was a vision of loveliness on her weddingday and she had changed enormously, picture of her in the latest Point de Vue

Point de Vue  .:.  L' ÉLUE .:. Lavinia Elkann

Her full name's Donna Lavinia dei Principi Borromeo Arese Taverna.
She has two sisters: Matilde and Isabella, and one half sister named Beatrice and one half-brother. If I'm not mistaken he's called Carlo.

Here it is! Donna Lavinia & John Philip Elkann's only wedding picture I was able to find (source gossipnews)

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/9049/0004005030elk3pa.jpg

And that of her sister Donna Isabella Borromeo Arese Taverna (gossipnews)

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1967/brachettiborromeo8jc.jpg

About Lavinia's dress, it looks like Valentino is running out of ideas. He took Maxima's dress, 'cut' off the sleeves and neck line, added ruffles, and voila! Also, for every famous bride he does the same thing veil-wise: always with those 'dots' dotted all over the veil. I <love> elaborate patterns on a veil, but not dots! There's something cheap-ish about them. Just my opinion.

I agree about the dots on the veil (although I don't feel quite as strongly as you about them), but I disagree about any similarity between Lavinia's dress and Maxima's. Actually, when I was reading the thread and learned that Lavinia's dress was also by Valentino, I thought to myself, "Well, he really designs for each bride; the style and personality of this dress is completely different from that of Maxima's gown." :whistling:

The bodice of Lavinia's dress is made with several vertical pleats, whereas Maxima's was cut with a horizontal band under the chest. Lavinia's neckline is off-the shoulder, and Maxima's was a high cowl. Likewise the skirt of Lavinia's dress is rounder -- cut very differently and not at all draped like Maxima's. So I don't think that it was a matter of cutting off the sleeves and adding a few ruffles; the workmanship of the two dresses is completely different.

Back
Top Bottom