Countess Elisabeth d'Udekem d'Acoz & Marquis Alfonso Pallavicini - 20 & 22 July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
linda85 said:
Were they married in a Catholic ceremony?

Yes, both the Marquess Pallavicini and the Countess d'Udekem d'Acoz belong to the Church of Rome. They married in the Église Saint Pierre (1535) in Bastogne, Belgian-Luxembourg.

Henri M. said:
Most likely it is a heirloom from the Pallavicini family. It is also possible that it is a loan from the Württemberg ducal family (aunt Hélène Marchioness Pallavicini née Duchess de Württemberg).

Hélène Duchess of Württemberg is the second spouse of Frederico Marquess Pallavicini who is an uncle to the groom (a younger brother to Alfonso's father). Uncle Frederico first married Maria Countess Kinsky von Wchinitz und Tettau and later with Hélène Duchess of Württemberg.

The groom's father Carlo Allessandro Marquess Pallavicini died two years ago. The groom's mother Donna Avogara, the Dowager Marchioness Carlo Pallavicini née Dei Conti Azzoni Avogadro still is alive. I don't know if she did attend the wedding.

She did. There is a photo from her with her son and there is also a picture with the parents of the bride.

I suppose the lady in flaming red is the groom's mother Donna Avogara, the Dowager Marchioness Carlo Pallavicini née Dei Conti Azzoni Avogadro.

(What a glorious names....)

Thanks Stefan.

The veil Elisabeth wore was a d'Udekem family piece. It dates from the mid 19th century and was restaured for the wedding. There was an item about this on the news: an 82 year old Belgian lady is the last to restaure these precious lace veils, it took her 1,5 month at 10 hours per day ...

GrandDuchess said:
[..] Interesting to see that nobles continue to marry nobles quite often, while royalty are now marrying commoners more and more often. Interesting development, I would say.
Indeed it is! On the one hand, we all tend to feel a certain easy familiarity with "our own kind" however we all define that individually. But then again, I do get a sense that a lot of these old world nobles are in a way mentally confined and wouldn't want to be caught dead with a hunky, honest, smart, hardworking, plummer let's say. Instead, they do what's expected of them: marry the kids of friends of their parents. I'm of two minds on this one: I'm simultaneously relieved and disappointed Mathilde's sister didn't marry a hunky plummer..

GrandDuchess said:
Great to see Maximilian & Angela of Liechtenstein! We don't see them very often.
Hear hear! That's got to be the surprise duo for all us royalty watchers!

A few other notes:

1. Claire. Besides the bride, is there anyone, I mean, <anyone> with more style than Laurent's wife?

2. Feel a bit sorry for Gabriel, as his outfit mustve been awfully hot. By the way, can't help but notice, once again, how awfully pale Mathilde's kids look compared to everyone else, as if they either havent' seen the sun yet this year, or if they're anemic. Perhaps their mother has them use a sunscreen with a high PDF, or whatever that's called...

Thanks everyone for the great pictures. It's especially nice to see Princess Angela- we really don't get to see enough of her. The bride looked beautiful and I think her dress is absoultely perfect for a nice summer wedding. I loved Mathilde's hat and Claire's outfit. Looks like it was a great day for everyone!

princess olga said:
Feel a bit sorry for Gabriel, as his outfit mustve been awfully hot. By the way, can't help but notice, once again, how awfully pale Mathilde's kids look compared to everyone else, as if they either havent' seen the sun yet this year, or if they're anemic. Perhaps their mother has them use a sunscreen with a high PDF, or whatever that's called...

Based on how much both little ones were squinting, makes you wonder how unused they are to being in the sun.

I like the cut of the wedding dress. Its also good to see Max and Angela, too.

princess olga said:
By the way, can't help but notice, once again, how awfully pale Mathilde's kids look compared to everyone else, as if they either havent' seen the sun yet this year, or if they're anemic. Perhaps their mother has them use a sunscreen with a high PDF, or whatever that's called...

I hope Princess Mathilde has sunscreen slathered all over them. Children of that age really shouldn't be tanned at all, since it's easy to control their movements and whether or not they have sunscreen on. The sun is not your friend, and a suntan is just sun damage. Aside from the potential health issues, these children, particularly the little princess, will be photographed for their entire lives, best to avoid leathery skin and wrinkles.

By the way, the little girl (bridesmaid) that is holding the children's hands is a very beautiful girl. I wonder who she is.

Thanks to everyone for the pics! I love the bride's dress. It was simple and elegant IMO. Mathilde looked great! I even loved that crazy hat..and Claire...the epitome of class and grace. She so reminds me of a young Grace Kelly! It was great to see Queen Fabiola as well.

Thanks for the pictures. Everyone looks so happy and well dressed.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!!! Thank for posting the photos.

some more (photoshot)

And finally a snap shot of Hélène, Mathilde´s youngest sister. See the first pic below from left to right: an unidentified guest, Countess Hélène in light pink with a flowery headpiece, the bride´s mother Anne-Marie Comtesse Komorowski and the groom´s mother Donna Avagora

i don't see the mother of Elisabeth? Where is she?

CASSARD said:
i don't see the mother of Elisabeth? Where is she?
She´s the women with the red dress, the off-white hat and the bright smile, hidden behind Hélène.

Here’s a better pic (from left to right Countess Anne, the groom’s mother Donna Avagora and Count Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz).
[seegerpress]

Oh great! More photos of this pretty wedding - thank you for them. I have a couple of questions, is Helene the name of the groom's mother? And also, is the nanny with the children named "Fie"? Is this the same one that was reading to the children at the christening of Emmanuel and who was on the bike ride with them on the recent photo shoot? If this is all the same nanny she sure seems to have a great, loving relationship with Elisabeth and Gabriel -- what a treasure she must be!

It is beautiful all photos Mathildes sisters wedding big day!!! Queen Fabiola is grand old lady of royal family Belgium. She is good alert!!!

Emily said:
Oh great! More photos of this pretty wedding - thank you for them. I have a couple of questions, is Helene the name of the groom's mother? And also, is the nanny with the children named "Fie"? Is this the same one that was reading to the children at the christening of Emmanuel and who was on the bike ride with them on the recent photo shoot? If this is all the same nanny she sure seems to have a great, loving relationship with Elisabeth and Gabriel -- what a treasure she must be!
The name of groom´ s mother is according to Henri M. (post #94) Donna Avogara, the Dowager Marchioness Carlo Pallavicini née Dei Conti Azzoni Avogadro. Hélène (* 1979) is Mathilde´s youngest sister.

Gabriel and Elisabeth are accompanied by their nanny Petra. She is with them since Elisabeth’s birth. And you are right; Petra is pictured many times with them (e.g. on the beach at Elisabeth’s first summer holiday, reading a book at Emmanuel’s baptism and on the bike during the last photo session). Petra shares the work with a second nanny, but I don’t know her name - so maybe this is “Fie” and she took care of Emmanuel on the wedding day?
BTW here is a pic of Fie(?) during vacation in France 2003.
[gamma]

Last edited:
Nanny

Gabriel and Elisabeth are accompanied by their nanny Petra. She is with them since Elisabeth’s birth. And you are right; Petra is pictured many times with them (e.g. on the beach at Elisabeth’s first summer holiday, reading a book at Emmanuel’s baptism and on the bike during the last photo session). Petra shares the work with a second nanny, but I don’t know her name - so maybe this is “Fie” and she took care of Emmanuel on the wedding day?
BTW here is a pic of Fie(?) during vacation in France 2003.
[gamma]

The nanny in this picture is called 'Fia'. We could see her in the documentary on the crown princely family about 2 years (?) ago which was broadcast both on VTM and VRT. She was waiting outside the Laeken palace with Elisabeth when Gabriel came home for the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
a few from picturedesk

Attachments

• 11333281.jpg
    11333281.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 861
  • 11333299.jpg
    11333299.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 807
  • 11333301.jpg
    11333301.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 974
  • 11333314.jpg
    11333314.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 796
  • 11333319.jpg
    11333319.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 919
  • 11333526.jpg
    11333526.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 728
  • 11333565.jpg
    11333565.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 816
  • 11333545.jpg
    11333545.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 818
  • 11332868.jpg
    11332868.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 751
picturedesk

Attachments

• 11333552.jpg
    11333552.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 759
  • 11333568.jpg
    11333568.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 791
  • 11333567.jpg
    11333567.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 775
  • 11333566.jpg
    11333566.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 710
johann said:
The name of groom´ s mother is according to Henri M. (post #94) Donna Avogara, the Dowager Marchioness Carlo Pallavicini née Dei Conti Azzoni Avogadro. quote]

Thank you. I was confused as to whether Donna was a title or a first name -- so I assume her first name is Donna Avogara. The photos continue to be beautiful. Catherine I love the photo you posted of Elisabeth and Gabriel greeting the priests!

Yes, I love that photo too, the two of them so cute and well behaved :)

Alfonso's mother's name is Avogara Azzoni Avogadro. Avogara is her first name. (Donna is the same as Mrs., like doña in Spanish)

From Rex Features

in the 2nd picture, the lady in the blue dress is countess Honorine d'Ursel, one of Elisabeth's best friends.

Attachments

• 599722B.jpg
    599722B.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 614
  • 599722C.jpg
    599722C.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 396
  • 599722E.jpg
    599722E.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 337
  • 599722F.jpg
    599722F.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 492
  • 599722G.jpg
    599722G.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 377
  • 599722H.jpg
    599722H.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 347
brideschildren

Does anyone know the names of the other brideschildren?

Hullo, I am a new member from Scotland.

I seem to remember reading when Mathilde married Philippe that her father was given a higher title (perhaps from Baron to Count?). Does anyone know if that was the case?

Alison20 said:
Hullo, I am a new member from Scotland.

I seem to remember reading when Mathilde married Philippe that her father was given a higher title (perhaps from Baron to Count?). Does anyone know if that was the case?

Yes, that's right. Mathilde's father eldest brother is was a baron, the younger brothers jonkheren/chevaliers. At the marriage of Philippe & Mathilde they all became counts/countesses.

For more info on her family: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/mathildes-family-690.html

Back
Top Bottom