Count Philippe of Limburg-Stirum and Countess Caroline von Neipperg - May 23, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tilia C.

Former Moderator
City
O
Country
Germany
Biri has posted about the following wedding in Royal Milestones:
Count Philippe of Limburg-Stirum, who turned 30 three weeks ago [son of Count Christian of Limburg-Stirum (b.1934) & his wife Colienne, nee Countess of Oultremont (b.1956)] married Countess Caroline von Neipperg (b.10 October 1986) [daughter of Count Stephan-Christoph von Neipperg (b.1957) & his wife Sigweis, nee Freiin von Stotzingen (b.1959)] in Saint-Emilion, France, on 23 May.

Source for both: [URL]https://sites.google.com/site/myroyalworld/2015-genealogical-information[/URL]

Here is an article with some photos: https://fr.news.yahoo.com/photos/ca...ne-von-neipperg-philippe-photo-180235470.html

The bride wore a star tiara with a green wreath in her hair. It looks as if the train of her gown is a richly decorated heirloom.

Thanks for the photos!
The couple looks good together. The bride's ensmeble is very complex:a tiara paired with a wreath, a heavy train on a delicate lacy dress.
Is Count Philippe related to Count Rodolphe of Limburg-Stirum, who married Archduchess Marie-Christine?

Last edited:
Beautiful bride. Nice couple.

Not know about you but i love when making marriages between twon noble or royal (not as often anymore) families.

Count Evrad is the eldest brother of the groom's father. So they are quite closely related.

Also one son of Count Evrard and Princesse Helene d'Orléans is married to HGD Stephanie of Luxembourg.

The eldest brother of the bride's father is married to Archduchess Andrea, btw.

They are reall very well connected.

This is the question i has done an another post. Why so often noble families married between them and royals no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the photos!
Is Count Philippe related to Count Rodolphe of Limburg-Stirum, who married Archduchess Marie-Christine?
Very closely related actually. Philippe is the younger brother of Rodolphe.:flowers:

Count Philippe of Limburg-Stirum and Countess Caroline von Neipperg
Atlantico Press

Last edited:
Very closely related actually. Philippe is the younger brother of Rodolphe.:flowers:
Thanks for the information!:flowers: It is great. As far as I can see, the marriage is equal.
I am looking forward to seeing photos of guests.

Were members of royal families in marriage?

Stephanie of Luxembourg's family (the de Lannoys) have also intermarried with the Limburg-Stirum dynasty. I wonder if she and Guillaume attended the wedding.

Great Weddings for the Limbourg Stirum.

The first Wedding in the Orleans Family was Princess Hélène with the late Count Evrard de Limbourg Stirum.

Great Weddings for the Limbourg Stirum.

The first Wedding in the Orleans Family was Princess Hélène with the late Count Evrard de Limbourg Stirum.
Count Evrad is the eldest brother of the groom's father. So they are quite closely related.

Also one son of Count Evrard and Princesse Helene d'Orléans is married to HGD Stephanie of Luxembourg.

The eldest brother of the bride's father is married to Archduchess Andrea, btw.

They are reall very well connected.

I heard, that in Germany is an old rule in some aristocrat-family: they should marry to other aristrocrat because if not, they can lose their title... But if this true or not, I don't know.

I heard, that in Germany is an old rule in some aristocrat-family: they should marry to other aristrocrat because if not, they can lose their title... But if this true or not, I don't know.

They can not loose their title bercause in Germany the former title is now the surname. However in some Families it had been the case that when the oldest son married a commoner and one of his younger brothers married noble that the son who had married noble inherited the Famuiliy property and succeeded as head of the House. But hat is different from Family to Family.

Last edited:
Only 3 belgian Noble Families were in the past Members of the Order of the Golden Fleece /Austria:
The late Prince Antoine de Ligne
The Count of Limbourg-Stirum
and another Noble I forgot his Name.

So actually I think the eldest Sun of Antoine de Ligne is Member of the Golden Fleece, I don't know for the Limbourg Stirum ?

Congratulations to Count Philippe and Countess Caroline. :flowers:

I loved the bride's dress, the gold on her veil in particular. I wonder if any members of the Belgian RF attended, since the Limburg-Stirum family are members of the Belgian nobility. I can imagine that Archduchess Marie-Christine of Austria attended, given the fact that the groom is her husband's brother.

I prefer it when "normal" people marry royalty, because it makes the royals seem more down to earth and "just like everyone else" and I disagree with arranged marriages. But, of course, if the royal/royal, nobility/nobility or nobility/royalty match is a genuine love one, then that's perfectly okay.
I've gotten the impression that the deposed RFs are more traditional in their values, since most of them seem to marry other royals and nobles and IIRC most of the families also still have male primogeniture.

How much public interest is there with the non-reigning families and nobility in Germany? I see them feature sometimes in magazines like Bunte, so I'm curious.

Last edited:
A good looking and well connected bride and groom.
I think I saw Archduchess Marie-Christine in one of the pictures.

These days those marriages are no longer 'arranged' in the strict sense of the word. But the noble families are very good a net-working and keeping in close contact. They make sure that their children attend balls, parties, weekend-trips and family gatherings where they get to know each other very well. So the chances that they are falling in love with other nobles is quite big.
How much public interest is there with the non-reigning families and nobility in Germany? I see them feature sometimes in magazines like Bunte, so I'm curious.
Actually the interest in foreign reigning royals is much bigger than the interest in the old German families. The Thurn und Taxis might be an exception to this rule because Gloria was, and still is, such glamorous character. The lesser known noble families usually don't cause that much interest amoung the general public. But people always love beautiful weddings, don't they;)?

Normally the King and the Queen of the Belgians never attend a wedding of a belgian Noble Family.

I don't remember if King Albert II and Queen Paola attend Marie Christine of Habsbourg and Rodolphe de Limbourg Stirum 's wedding in Mechelen.

No show up from King Baudouin to France for the wedding of Hélène d' Orléans and Evrard de Limbourg Sturum athough Queen Frederica did attend.

Very nice pictures, Stefan!
So Prince Amedeo of Belgium and his wife Elisabetta were there as well. Also Prince Francois d'Orléans and his new wife Theresa von Einsiedel.

Normally the King and the Queen of the Belgians never attend a wedding of a belgian Noble Family.

I don't remember if King Albert II and Queen Paola attend Marie Christine of Habsbourg and Rodolphe de Limbourg Stirum 's wedding in Mechelen.

No they didn't. But Rodolphe and Marie Christine's wedding was attended, from the Belgian RF, by Queen Fabiola, the then Prince Philippe, Princess Astrid and Princess Maria Laura.

But they attended the wedding because Marie Christine is family, not because Rodolfe is a Belgian aristocrat.

You are right Tilla !
Prince Laurent attended the third Wedding of the Prince of Chimay because he married the Heiress of INBEV (belgian beer)

It's great to see Archduchess Maria-Stella and Archduchess Katarina. :D

Strange that there seems to exist no photo of Marie-Christine, Rudolph and their sons. (Except of that one where Marie-Christine is probably seen from the back in some pink dress with stola)Not even in that one group-photo of the bridal couple with parents and Caroline´s siblings any appearance of Philippe´s brothers and sister....Rudolph is the grooms´ brother after all....:sad:

I wonder if Rex got the names wrong and called them 'Rudolf von Limburg and Marike Stine von Habsburg'. Though I didn't recognize them at first, it might be them. And really do not know about any AD 'Marike Stine':cool:. Can someone enlighten me?

Stefanie, I think the group picture in front of the church only shows the parents, witnesses and page boys and girls. The groom has three siblings and the bride has four siblings, but they are not (all?) on this picture. I believe that they were not pictured with her family because they were, at that moment, probably standing together with his family.

Stefanie, I think the group picture in front of the church only shows the parents, witnesses and page boys and girls. The groom has three siblings and the bride has four siblings, but they are not (all?) on this picture. I believe that they were not pictured with her family because they were, at that moment, probably standing together with his family.

I think the gropu pic before the Church was not a posed pic but simply nhow the Family and guests same out. It is certainly the bride's brother in the pics. And she has only 3 siblings still alive as her oldest sister died at the age of 10. If i remeber it right something with a fire.

Thank you for correcting me, Stefan. I'm sorry to hear that her sister has died so early.

But with all those children gathered on the picture, I believe that they might be grouped specially to take some pis. How else do you keep all those bubbling kids in one place;)?

Can you also enlighten me on 'Marike Stine von Habsburg'?

Back
Top Bottom