Cayetana Fitz-James Stuart, Duchess of Alba and Alfonso Diez, October 5 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read an article in a London News Paper that no immediate reigning member of the house of Spain attented the wedding, according to protocal the King or Queen attend first marriages only!. Princess Litzia had married and divourced someone prior to her marriage to the heir to the throne. The Catholic Church did not recognize that marriage because Litzia was not married in a Catholic Church. The Duchess of Alba was never divourced but widowed. Her new husband seems to be a person of decorumn. It is sad that no immediate member of the Royal Hous of Spain attended Duchess Alba's wedding What hypocrisy!!. Should the divourced daughter of the reigning House remarry are the king, queen, heir, heiress going to attend her wedding?. No disrespect to anyone.

I read an article in a London News Paper that no immediate reigning member of the house of Spain attented the wedding, according to protocal the King or Queen attend first marriages only!. Princess Litzia had married and divourced someone prior to her marriage to the heir to the throne. The Catholic Church did not recognize that marriage because Litzia was not married in a Catholic Church. The Duchess of Alba was never divourced but widowed. Her new husband seems to be a person of decorumn. It is sad that no immediate member of the Royal Hous of Spain attended Duchess Alba's wedding What hypocrisy!!. Should the divourced daughter of the reigning House remarry are the king, queen, heir, heiress going to attend her wedding?. No disrespect to anyone.

The London newspaper made that up. The infantas Pilar and Margarita attended the Duchess second wedding so there it goes the theory of first marriages only.
This wedding was planned as a very private event, just close family(not even her grandchildren were invited) and closer friends. She went to Zarzuela Palace last week to introduce Alfonso to the King.

I hope that the couple will have happy years together.:flowers:

Duchess of Alba marries toyboy Alfonso Diez in lavish wedding ceremony | Mail Online
Spain's billionaire Duchess of Alba remarries at 85 | World news | The Guardian

:lol::lol::lol:
Most people, however, seemed to be taking a tongue-in-cheek attitude to the duchess's latest romance and using it as an excuse to indulge in Seville's favoured pastime of partying. At least one onlooker had dressed in a bridal gown. Another came disguised as Spain's monarch, King Juan Carlos, who was reportedly petitioned by the duchess's children to see if he could dissuade their mother from remarrying.

Last edited:
Duchess of Alba marries toyboy Alfonso Diez in lavish wedding ceremony | Mail Online

Most people, however, seemed to be taking a tongue-in-cheek attitude to the duchess's latest romance and using it as an excuse to indulge in Seville's favoured pastime of partying. At least one onlooker had dressed in a bridal gown. Another came disguised as Spain's monarch, King Juan Carlos, who was reportedly petitioned by the duchess's children to see if he could dissuade their mother from remarrying.
Yes her children did that but it was some years before and now they are ok with it.

Congratulations to them both - I do hope they have years of love, happiness and health!
BTW, I cannot find the Spanish nobility thread anywhere - there's no search box on this site and I've trawled through everything i can think of!!

Congratulations to them both - I do hope they have years of love, happiness and health!
BTW, I cannot find the Spanish nobility thread anywhere - there's no search box on this site and I've trawled through everything i can think of!!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/news-from-the-spanish-nobility-1208.html
:flowers:

On the eve of the wedding a topless picture of the Dutchess from 30 years ago has been put on the cover of a Spanish magazine
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...andal-on-eve-of-Duchess-of-Albas-wedding.html

I heard of this, love has no age and what Is her relation to King Juan Carlos I of Spain ?

Thanks Duke of Marmalade!

BTW, I have seen the image of the Duchess of Alba taken 30 years ago and I have to say that I think many people half her age would be happy with a figure like that.

It was ashame she felt the need for plastic surgery later on, because in the few pictures I have found of her prior to this, I think she was very beautiful indeed!

In her youth more than beautiful she was !

Is it even possible at 60 to be considered a toyboy, lol? Something to look forward to I guess.

The bride made a lovely choice of dress for her wedding. If not for medical reasons, it is a shame she felt the need for so much disfiguring surgery.

King Jaun Carlos 1 of Spain is a direct descendant of Queen Victoria also his wife Queen Sophia. Queen Victoria is a descendant of King George 111 (through her father)who was a descendant of King James 11(the House of Stuart which brings us to the House of Hanover(Queen Victoria)
The Duchess of Alba is a direct descendant of the House of Stuart. If I am wrong feel free to correct me.

I think that the term "toyboy" is meant to suggest that the groom isn't marrying the Duchess for love, which I think is unkind.:ermm:

Is it even possible at 60 to be considered a toyboy, lol? Something to look forward to I guess.

I hope when I'm 85, I can throw a great party, marry a man 25 years my junior, and be optimistic enough to plan a future with him.

Then again, I'm really more hoping that my wonderful husband is still around grooving with me. But if he isn't, this wouldn't be a bad way to go gently into that good night.

:lol: I think "toyboy" simply means much younger, but of course in perspective. However, to me the groom seems pretty attractive for his age compared to age & attraciveness of his bride but hopefully they are marrying for other reasons such as matching character :whistling:

:lol: I think "toyboy" simply means much younger, but of course in perspective. However, to me the groom seems pretty attractive for his age compared to age & attraciveness of his bride but hopefully they are marrying for other reasons such as matching character :whistling:

Right, because men so frequently marry much older, raddled women because of their character!:whistling:

( I guess poor old women are lacking character, since this sort of thing never seems to happen to them?)

As I understand it, the groom isn't eligible to inherit from the bride in this case. The fortune goes to her children.

As I understand it, the groom isn't eligible to inherit from the bride in this case. The fortune goes to her children.

I'd be willing to bet the ranch that he'll come out of this with a sizable settlement of some kind. ;)

I dont think that he married her for money and talked her into it. The DoA seems like a pretty headstrong woman to me who has the right to do what she wants to, regardless of what her children want.

I am sure her husband is being taken care of with regard to keeping a decent lifestyle after her death, what is only fair since he is likely to become her carer. I dont think he ever had the idea to take anything away from her wealth, it was rather a fear in her children's heads, what is understandable.

Its very reasonable to divide the fortune before her death and then enjoy the remaining years with everything settled.

Why do you think so?

Because he'd never do it otherwise, IMO.

Oh it's fine if they both get something out of it; financial security for him, companionship (and possibly caregiving) for her. Who am I to speak against it?
And I don't; it's just all the talk about a love match seems like so much twaddle! I don't think anyone really buys it.

(Just look at her; she looks like a gargoyle!)

I'd be willing to bet the ranch that he'll come out of this with a sizable settlement of some kind. ;)

Why shouldn't he be the recipient of some of her funds after her death, assuming he will survive her. If they both are entering into this marriage preparing to share their last years together it seems logical that they have discussed how the surviving spouse will be taken care of. In this case she is the person with most wealth and why should she not leave some money to him. One does not throw ones widow/widower out on the street after a marriage. If you get married and bring someone in to a lifestyle they would not normally have had access to it certainly make sense that there is some arrangement for funds to be available for the surviving (poorer) spouse to not have to rent a room down the street. I doubt he will become outrageously rich but rather some smaller amount of funds or property for his enjoyment.

He is supposed to survive her, and I wish him to, but I can't help thinking of Italian actress Paola Borboni, who, at 72 years of age married a guy 40 years her junior. She used to say: ' let me introduce my widower to you'. Sadly the man died in a car accident few years after, whilst she lived up to 95. :sad:

He is supposed to survive her, and I wish him to, but I can't help thinking of Italian actress Paola Borboni, who, at 72 years of age married a guy 40 years her junior. She used to say: ' let me introduce my widower to you'. Sadly the man died in a car accident few years after, whilst she lived up to 95. :sad:

Good Lord! That shows a feisty spirit on her part (the commentary she made about him being her widower) that I hope held her in good stead when she survived him!

I think that the DoA has a pretty clear head about romance (if not about continued cosmetic surgical choices) and so I toast the happy couple.

The implication seems to be that a man can only love a woman if she's about his age and beautiful. I agree that a love match at their respective ages might be rare, but that doesn't make it impossible. There are different kinds of love than the starry-eyed/dreamy kind.

(Just look at her; she looks like a gargoyle!)

The implication seems to be that a man can only love a woman if she's about his age and beautiful. I agree that a love match at their respective ages might be rare, but that doesn't make it impossible. There are different kinds of love than the starry-eyed/dreamy kind.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one!

Sincerely,I have mixed feelings towards this wedding.From one side it seems a little crazy ,but one mustn't forget that the Duchess was all her life eccentric and free in thinking and expressing her opinions woman.At her age she looks not so bad,it's only some thrilling in her face after many plastic surgeries,for me the variant of wise Queen Elizabeth II 's model at the same age it's more appropriate.I think the Duchess's husband Alfonso 's intentions are not just based on love,but now he is well-known near his wealthy and extravagant elder wife.At the same time he reminds me of her first husband physical appereance,maybe being with him brings her a lot of sweet past memoirs.
However ,I cannot help admiring Cayetana,her joy of life and spontaneous decisions,even though her wealth and money allow her much more things to do .I am very glad she did this step against the desires of others,because I am fed up of seeing and seeing again old men marrying very young or just young women,the women can rule as well...

Back
Top Bottom