The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 10-05-2011, 02:43 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 8,808
Found this on Youtube

__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-05-2011, 02:46 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,678
Spain's Duchess of Alba remarries at 85 in Seville

BBC News - Spain's Duchess of Alba remarries at 85 in Seville

http://www.euronews.net/2011/10/05/s...he-third-time/

Spain enthralled by wedding of 85-year-old duchess - omg! news on Yahoo!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23469357/
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Speechless!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!

The pics where she dances!!!!
I remember reading that she has had major plastic surgery on her face, and I remember reading somewhere she had a medical condition that caused her face to change. Anyone else remember?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brooklyn, United States
Posts: 162
The marriage of the Duchess of Alba.

Even people in the sunset of their lives are capable of giving and receiving love. LOVE is boundless. God did not put a limit on love regardless of age. A life of happiness for the duchess and her new husband.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Williamsville, United States
Posts: 228
He obviously didn't marry the Duchess for her looks. Why did he arrive arm in arm with another woman?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexey 1904 View Post
Why did he arrive arm in arm with another woman?
Do you mean this woman?
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

If so, she's Carmen Tello, wife of Spanish bullfighter Curro Romero and matron of honor prior to the wedding at the palace of Duenas in Sevilla.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,154
I don't mean in any way to be unkind, but what happened to her face? Too many face lifts? The last person I saw looking like that was a burn victim who had a skin transplant. Hopefully this lady hasn't had that kind of trauma.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-05-2011, 06:07 PM
agami.pearl's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: -, Poland
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I don't mean in any way to be unkind, but what happened to her face? Too many face lifts? The last person I saw looking like that was a burn victim who had a skin transplant. Hopefully this lady hasn't had that kind of trauma.
Yes, this is a result of too much plastic surgeries. I suppose once something went wrong, they tried to make it better but it didn't worked.

Anyway, congratulations to the bride&groom . All the best to them. Duchess is such a joyful woman.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 767
I had read somewhere that she had some kind of medical condition which disfigured her face ..... (other than the aging process). Has anyone else heard anything about this. Clearly she has had surgery because you can see the stretch marks on her face and also, she obviously has fillers or other plumpers.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-05-2011, 07:17 PM
sesa's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: orange, United States
Posts: 616
She looks like the spanish version of Cat Lady from New York.
Does the Duchess not have any teeth on the bottom?
Her top lip/jaw seems to protrude over her bottom.
She is beautiful in her own way (I guess). She seems very spunky. I like that.
And I truely hope that he married her for love and not her money. People seem one way when they are married, and then when one of the pair dies (not that she is going to do so right away) the spouse changes and starts fighting tooth and nail for what they think should go to them.
I hope he does not do anything like this. Just my opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brooklyn, United States
Posts: 162
I read an article in a London News Paper that no immediate reigning member of the house of Spain attented the wedding, according to protocal the King or Queen attend first marriages only!. Princess Litzia had married and divourced someone prior to her marriage to the heir to the throne. The Catholic Church did not recognize that marriage because Litzia was not married in a Catholic Church. The Duchess of Alba was never divourced but widowed. Her new husband seems to be a person of decorumn. It is sad that no immediate member of the Royal Hous of Spain attended Duchess Alba's wedding What hypocrisy!!. Should the divourced daughter of the reigning House remarry are the king, queen, heir, heiress going to attend her wedding?. No disrespect to anyone.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lalala, Spain
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas View Post
I read an article in a London News Paper that no immediate reigning member of the house of Spain attented the wedding, according to protocal the King or Queen attend first marriages only!. Princess Litzia had married and divourced someone prior to her marriage to the heir to the throne. The Catholic Church did not recognize that marriage because Litzia was not married in a Catholic Church. The Duchess of Alba was never divourced but widowed. Her new husband seems to be a person of decorumn. It is sad that no immediate member of the Royal Hous of Spain attended Duchess Alba's wedding What hypocrisy!!. Should the divourced daughter of the reigning House remarry are the king, queen, heir, heiress going to attend her wedding?. No disrespect to anyone.
The London newspaper made that up. The infantas Pilar and Margarita attended the Duchess second wedding so there it goes the theory of first marriages only.
This wedding was planned as a very private event, just close family(not even her grandchildren were invited) and closer friends. She went to Zarzuela Palace last week to introduce Alfonso to the King.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,154
I hope that the couple will have happy years together.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,541
Duchess of Alba marries toyboy Alfonso Diez in lavish wedding ceremony | Mail Online
Spain's billionaire Duchess of Alba remarries at 85 | World news | The Guardian


Most people, however, seemed to be taking a tongue-in-cheek attitude to the duchess's latest romance and using it as an excuse to indulge in Seville's favoured pastime of partying. At least one onlooker had dressed in a bridal gown. Another came disguised as Spain's monarch, King Juan Carlos, who was reportedly petitioned by the duchess's children to see if he could dissuade their mother from remarrying.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-06-2011, 07:58 AM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 2,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Duchess of Alba marries toyboy Alfonso Diez in lavish wedding ceremony | Mail Online
Spain's billionaire Duchess of Alba remarries at 85 | World news | The Guardian


Most people, however, seemed to be taking a tongue-in-cheek attitude to the duchess's latest romance and using it as an excuse to indulge in Seville's favoured pastime of partying. At least one onlooker had dressed in a bridal gown. Another came disguised as Spain's monarch, King Juan Carlos, who was reportedly petitioned by the duchess's children to see if he could dissuade their mother from remarrying.
Yes her children did that but it was some years before and now they are ok with it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I hope that the couple will have happy years together.

LOL- at least happy months?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Grundisburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,764
Congratulations to them both - I do hope they have years of love, happiness and health!
BTW, I cannot find the Spanish nobility thread anywhere - there's no search box on this site and I've trawled through everything i can think of!!
__________________
J
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Congratulations to them both - I do hope they have years of love, happiness and health!
BTW, I cannot find the Spanish nobility thread anywhere - there's no search box on this site and I've trawled through everything i can think of!!
News from the Spanish Nobility


On the eve of the wedding a topless picture of the Dutchess from 30 years ago has been put on the cover of a Spanish magazine
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...s-wedding.html
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Grandduchess24's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cambridge, United States
Posts: 1,318
I heard of this, love has no age and what Is her relation to King Juan Carlos I of Spain ?
__________________
" An ugly baby is a very nasty object, and the prettiest is frightful when undressed."
- Queen Victoria
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Grundisburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,764
Thanks Duke of Marmalade!

BTW, I have seen the image of the Duchess of Alba taken 30 years ago and I have to say that I think many people half her age would be happy with a figure like that.

It was ashame she felt the need for plastic surgery later on, because in the few pictures I have found of her prior to this, I think she was very beautiful indeed!
__________________

__________________
J
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
News from the Spanish Nobility Lia Royal Family of Spain 429 Yesterday 04:52 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman palace pieter van vollenhoven pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]