The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Again I admire the perfect family relationship among the Dutch Royal family.
They were all thereThe Queen , Princess Magriet and her husband and also Christina and their children.
I like that too. A big loving family.
The bride looked lovely . But I don`t like the tiara at all, the pearls are too big.
Princess Marilene and Aimee had nice, elegant coats (Marilene`s was recycled). The other outfits were... let`s say not so nice.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Normally the Belgian RF never assist to weddings or funerals in Belgium.
Prince Lorenz was there privately I believe as friend ?
Prince Lorenz is a second cousin of Duke Carlos, being Lorenz's grandmother (Empress Zita of Austria) a sister of Carlos' grandfather, Duke Xavier of Parma; so it's possible that he attended the wedding a both a relative of the groom and as representative of the Austrian Imperial Family.

Did anyone of Carlos' Luxemburgian royal cousins attend the wedding?

Old 11-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Aristocracy

Mathilde of Belgium is not here? Thanks...
Old 11-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASSARD View Post
Mathilde of Belgium is not here? Thanks...
No,HRH has engagements today and btw,is not in the close circle of TRH The Duke and Duchess either.

Something borrowed,the tiara is the base of the dutch emerald tiara,but with the grand pearls of
Queen Anna Pawlovna added.Lovely gesture by Aunt Beatrix.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness

The bride looked nice except her tiara which I find hideous for its v shape. All the women look terrible! The only ones who look ok is Aimee and Laurentien if she didn't have that hat. Maxima is without a doubt the worst dressed one! Overall though a pretty nice wedding, i just wished that the groom bought his wife her own tiara...
Old 11-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Archduchess Marie-Astrid is King Albert Ii's niece. Although the King and the Queen did not assist at Marie-christine's wedding their children were there.
Concerning the Habsbourg there is a close relationship between the RF and them.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Serene Highness

Wow, fashion disaster. The dress of the bride is an ugly fit, maxima's hat is too flat and her pants ain't all that flattering either. Mabel is a joke.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Majesty

More pics of a wonderfull day in Brussels:

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE
Old 11-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

I must say that I'm suprised how Annemarie looks. She's stunning Pretty simple dress and lovely lace veil, I'm speechless. I must agree - royal ladies made a few fashion crimes... but I found someone
PPE1
PPE2
Princess Carolina, she looks great :)
Old 11-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Courtier

I have to say that I think all of the women were poorly dressed today. What were they thinking. And, Mabel?!
Old 11-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Courtier

Self made pictures of today (guests and bride and groom):

» Kerkelijk huwelijk Prins Carlos en Annemarie
Old 11-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
I must say that I'm suprised how Annemarie looks. She's stunning Pretty simple dress and lovely lace veil, I'm speechless. I must agree - royal ladies made a few fashion crimes... but I found someone
PPE1
PPE2
You are right agami.pearl, Princess Carolina looks great!
Old 11-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Gentry

So, where is the reception being held (or was held, I don't know)?
Old 11-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
PPE1
PPE2
Princess Carolina's my "best dressed" in that beautiful purple. Just about everyone looked horrible except for Princess Marilene in a recycled Valentino and Princess Margarita looked nice in red. Princess Juliana looked a mess...like she was just walking by and decided to crash a wedding.

I think the bride looks gorgeous and although I never cared for the pearl version of the emerald tiara it somehow looks lovely on her.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanvanmaxima View Post
Self made pictures of today (guests and bride and groom):

» Kerkelijk huwelijk Prins Carlos en Annemarie
You took these pictures? I love these kind of photos because you feel you were there also. Thanks for posting these.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks for the pictures, fanvanmaxima! It is nice to see how they RF interacts.

The couple looks happy, and so does his family actually. Nice to see several in-laws there. Marilene's parents attended, as did the parents of Laurentien (both fathers were former government ministers). And it seems they invited former prime minister Balkenende, Euro commissioner Neelie Kroes, Herman Tjeenk-Willink, former ministers Joop Wijn and Rogier van Boxtel, astronaut Wubbo Ockels and NOS political correspondent Ferry Mingelen. The ceremony was organized by the former master of ceremonies of the court, Gilbert Monod de Froideville, who also organized the marriages of the sons of the Queen and the three most recent funerals in Delft/

I never expected many foreign royals to be present, but I suppose change of date also played a role here. I believe Máxima was supposed to attend an event with Mathilde today but she cancelled.

Did only Constantijn & Laurentien take their children or was Princess Margarita's daughter Julia also there?

Nice to see that the entire family attended the wedding, even all the Guillermos!
---
The fashion: I must say that the sisters of the groom both looked good, and it is nice to see that princess Margarita is expecting her 2nd child.

I wonder why princess Máxima always wear these kind of (Natan) trousers, they are extremely unflattering and make her look twice her size

The birde looked ok, though I never cared for this tiara, I think it would be slightly better without any prongs (emerald or pearls), but well... The tiara was originally a christmas present of Queen Emma to her daughter Wilhelmina in 1896 btw.

---

The grom has a job that deals with 'sustainability', so to stay in style the veil of the bride was not made of lace but of.......'sustainable' paper! It was designed by the Belgian artist Isabelle Borchgrave.

Witnesses for the groom: prince Constantijn and count Jean Charles Ullens de Schooten (son of Css Madelaine Bernadotte) and of the bride: her sister Constance and her friend Katerina Polykarpou-Karanasiou.

The party was at Chateau de la Hulpe, property of the barons Solvay (related to the barons Janssen, one of whom is marrying a sister of princess Mathilde of Belgium.
http://chateaudelahulpe.wallonie.be/...3?id_article=2

----

And blauw bloed has two items about the wedding:

http://player.omroep.nl/?aflID=11728752

The first one staring after 4:50 minutes and the second one after 20:25 minutes. Some funny moments actually, as they both seem a bit clumsy (by the stress of the wedding perhaps).
Old 11-21-2010, 01:29 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Thanks everyone for your pictures and especially fanvanmaxima for sharing your work. Annemarie looked absolutely stunning and I liked her tiara except the stylist positioned so that it laid back on her head. I was disappointed the most at Maxima's style, I hate those pants. At least Mabel wore a skirt......that's all I can say about her outfit. I guess Mabel, Maxima and some other family members took the theme of low key literally.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:36 AM
Majesty

Some more:

ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Marcel Antonisse.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lucien, Could you find a bigger picture of the group ?
Were the 3 unmarried Princesses of Bourbon-Parme there ?
Why did the Duke not wear his new decoration as his father did ?
Thanks for answer .
Old 11-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I think now most weddings are 'jacquetweddings" instead of "cravate blanc"weddings

Is there a difference between "cravate blanc or in french "habit/uniform with decorations" and "black tie" ?

Tags
annemarie, bourbon-parma, carlos, duchess of parma, duke of parma