Beltrán Gómez-Acebo Borbón & Laura Ponte, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
King Juan Carlos's nephew Beltrán Gómez Acebo Borbón married model Laura Ponte today (September 18) in Segovia, Spain.

Pictures courtesy of the Glittering Royal Events MB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Letizia looks fantastic and I was watching clips of the wedding arrival today on TVE and the brides dress flows very nicely but I don't like the way she is wearing the mantilla on her head. I don't find it flattering.

I think the bride looks absolutely lovely. I really like her wedding dress and veil.

Letizia's hair and make up looked nice. I also liked that her fan matched her outfit, but I didn't like the outfit especially those silver buckled shoes..

More pictures from the wedding, courtesy of the Glitering Royal Events MB.Simonetta's daughter (the groom's niece) looks adorable in her floral dress and red ribbons in her hair.

Great pictures! I love how Felipe's tie was red to match with Letizia's skirt. She looked fabulous by the way. I agree with Alisa though, not too crazy about the shoes.

Queen Sofia looks absolutely lovely.

I like the bride's twenties style kind dress and veil. But is she really a model???

Hannelore said:
I like the bride's twenties style kind dress and veil. But is she really a model???
Yes, she really is a model.

Some more wedding guests, all pictures courtesy of the Glittering Royal Events MB.

Infanta Cristina and her husband Inaki Urdangarin, cousin of the groom.

The Duke and Duchess of Soria, aunt of the groom, and her family.

Simonetta and family, sister of the groom.

CP Haakon of Norway, friend of the groom.

Two Princes of Bulgaria and their wives.

Barronness Thyssen.

From the Glittering Royal Events MB, Laura Ponte wore Infanta Pilar's sapphire and diamond tiara inverted.

The bride and groom and pictures of the tiara in its 'upright' state, all from the GREMB.

More pictures courtesy of the GREMB, cousins of the groom, Infantas Elena and Cristina with their respective husbands, Jaime and Inaki.

Original Source: Seeger Press

Attachments

• elena-1.jpg
    elena-1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 593
  • elena-2.jpg
    elena-2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 717
  • mallorca-1.jpg
    mallorca-1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 589
  • mallorca-2.jpg
    mallorca-2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 435
I like the Infantas outfits,I think the color green looks fantastic on infanta Cristina.However it seems both ladies are dressed for two different events. Infanta Cristina looks like she is dressed for the evening and Infanta Elena looks like she is dressed for a morning or day event. Strange.

The bride have a very original way to put the tiara and the veil...............

love the dress very chic but the veil dosen't do her face justice( just call me the veil critic) she has a pleasant face too and they look like a nice match.

Last edited:
WOW! Both Cristina and Letizia look fabulous, very chic and lovely. (Not to slam Elena, I just prefer the styles that Cristina and Letizia are wearing.) Very, very excellent set of pictures.

Thanks so much for all that great pictures! ;)

I think Cristina was absolutely wonderful, another example of how she has improved her style.

And Letizia... she was really beautiful, but her look wasn't the suitable one...
I don't know, it's just my opinion. :confused:

Great Pics!!!! Muchas gracias!
The bride is really beautiful... I really love her middle-Age fashioned dress. It looks like Queen Astrid of Belgium's or Queen Ingrid of Denmark's wedding dresses in the 20's/30's...and the veil is definitely gorgeous ( like in the 20's).
Letizia is really thin- I prefer Cristinna's dress. She and Inaki seem so much in love!!!!

I loved Cristina's and Letizia's outfits, but I fell in love immediately to Cristina's sandals.....they are different and gorgeous. Both couples seem very much in love. I'm really not fond of the apathy of the Dukes de Lugo....they're too serious, they seem to never relax.....

Anna

I think Elena and Jaime are having a bad time.... rumours say there do not get along anymore... even the magazine " hola" once made its cover with a title: "the dukes of lugo go together to a wedding celebration", I think this was in May.
It is said by some Spanish Press that Jaime, consequently to the health problems he had to face, is every day more colerous and difficult to live with....

Here is the "Hola I mentioned.
ho3126_portada_mes.jpg

i liked elena and cristina a lot but letizia didn't really shine. she could have dressed much more better.

ennyllorac said:
I think Letizia looks fantastic and I was watching clips of the wedding arrival today on TVE and the brides dress flows very nicely but I don't like the way she is wearing the mantilla on her head. I don't find it flattering.
Agreed on both points. Letizia's looks beautiful.

Thanks for the heads up Elenaris, I am surprised that Elena and Jaime made the cover and not the newlyweds.

Alisa said:
Thanks for the heads up Elenaris, I am surprised that Elena and Jaime made the cover and not the newlyweds.

Actually its an old Hola cover that Elenaris has posted. It was about a couple months ago during the summer (when Carolina Herrera's daughter was getting married) when the rumours were particularly high of a divorce between Elena and Jaime.

Thanks for the correction.:) I thought Infanta looked very similar to the way she did at Beltan and laura's wedding and I assumed that that was where the photo was taken.

Here's another photo album, from Diez Minutos:

http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/galeria20/galeria20_1.htm?r=dm

At six o'clock in the afternoon of Saturday 18th, 2004, a calm and happy Laura Ponte arrived at the Real Colegiata del Real sitio de San Ildefonso, at the Palace of Granja, Segovia. Inside, Beltrán Gómez-Acebo was waiting with his mother and godmother, Infanta Doña Pilar de Borbón, the eldest sister of the King.

The wedding gown was designed by her great friend Miguel Palacio and was made in mouseline of silk. With narrow sleeves and high decollate, it was hand-embroidered in silver thread, simulating a great loop, which ended forwards on shoulders and waist.

Combed and made up by Fernando Torrent Cuesta, the bride was covered with an old veil of Chantilly embroider that was borrowed from her sister-in-law, Isabel Peñalosa (wife of her brother Jacobo), along with a diamond and sapphires tiara that belonged to her mother-in-law, Infanta Doña Pilar, and a pair of earrings that was inherited from her maternal aunt, Laura.

The bride (who had defined her dress as "monjil, with long sleeves and an aire of Oscars in the 30s") also chose an original accessory: a fan of Loewe (of whose label she’s the main face). It is an artisan piece, designed by Laura herself, in the same art-deco style as the dress, made in wood of granadilla, with white gold filaments and the same fabric as the dress. Along with the fan, Laura Ponte took a bracelet of silver, also from Loewe, with geometric sapphires and quartzes.

The groom, on the other hand, wore a traditional chaqué and bordeaux tie.

While Laura was walking up the aisle, it was played the same music as in the wedding of the Prince of Denmark: Rondó en Re mayor, by J. Clarke. The ceremony was concelebrated by Marcos Álvarez de Toledo, the priest Isidoro Mardomingo and father Matías.

It was the culmination of a discreet engagement that lasted seven years (the couple met in a party offered by Tatiana of Liechtenstein in Paris). Also special was one of the musical pieces played during the religious service, the Ave Maria, interpreted by the Magnificat choir (a gift of Jose Miguel Fernandez Sastrón, husband of Beltrán’s sister Simoneta, who has composed it especially for the bride and groom).

Besides, it was the daughter of Simoneta and Jose Miguel, Maria, of four years old, who took the arras to the aisle. Finally, the ceremony ended with the Canon of Pachelbel and Barcarolla of Offenbach. It was then to sign the roll. From the part of the groom there were his cousin prince Felipe, his sister Simoneta and brothers: Juan, Bruno and Fernando Gómez-Acebo. From the part of Laura signed: Letizia Ortiz, Maria Zurita, her brother Jacobo and her in-laws, José Miguel, Barbara, Mónica and Gabriela.

After receiving the congratulations from nearly 500 guests, the couple entered the same Rolls Royce that had brought Laura, and left to the place where the banquet was served: an old Esquileo of the 18th century, placed on the mountain range of Guadarramama.

The dinner was served by "La Portada", from Torrecaballeros, and "La Concepción", whose chef is Nicolás Fernández Sutil. The decoration was trusted to Galliussi and Jorge Varela (brother of the designer Felipe Varela).

The guests could taste several plates, like ham of Jabugo, cured cheese of Espirdo, consommé of tomato, etc. The main plate was a roasted lamb, typical of Segovia, accompanied by salad.

The couple didn’t want a traditional wedding cake and, in its place, they served a Segovian ponche, made by the pastry shop El Alcázar. The Champagne however was the most exquisite thing of the menu, since it was the same liquor that was served in the wedding of Alfonso XIII.

Last edited:
Many guests trusted the same designers worn for the wedding of the Princes of Asturias. This was the case of Infanta Cristina, Maria Zurita and the Bulgarian princesses Carla Royo-Villanova, Maria García de la Rasilla and Míriam Ungría. Cristina Borbón-Dos Sicilias wore the same Caprile outfit she had taken to the royal wedding, but this time without hat.

The European royal families were represented by prince Haakon of Norway (who went without his wife, Mette-Marit).

According to the same article of Diez Minutos, these were the designers in charge of the main guests:

Princess Letizia – Lorenzo Caprile
Infanta Cristina – Jesús del Pozo
Infanta Elena – Chanel
Infanta Pilar – Elio Berhanyer
Maria Zurita (daughter of Infanta Margarita) – Elio Berhanyer
Bárbara Cano (wife of Bruno Gómez-Acebo) – Jesús del Pozo
Carla Royo-Villanova (wife of Kubrat of Bulgaria)– Pedro del Hierro
María García de la Rasilla (wife of Konstantin of Bulgaria) – Oscar de la Renta
Beatriz and Adélaïde de Orleans – Dior

Here, Prince Konstantin of Bulgaria and his lovely wife. I absolutely loved Princess Maria Garcia de la Rasilla's gorgeous Oscar de la Renta suit.
From Cover:

Attachments

• OSCAR DE LA RENTA 2.jpg
    OSCAR DE LA RENTA 2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 761
  • OSCAR DE LA RENTA 1.jpg
    OSCAR DE LA RENTA 1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 498
Letizia's outfit at this wedding was wonderful! i think its one of her best ever.

The day before the wedding the couple organised a private party at Hotel El Rancho de la Aldeguela in Segovia for their most intimate friends.

The Bride arriving :eek:

Fernando Gómez-Acebo and fiancé, Monica Martín Luque

Bruno Gómez-Acebo and wife Bárbara Cano

Prince Haakon of Norway

Princes of Asturias

(Source: Hola Magazine)

The wedding of Beltrán Gómez-Acebo and Laura Ponte made the cover at this issue of Hola.

El Real Sitio

La Real Colegiata

(source: Hola magazine)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom