The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2005, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalyn
Why is the king wearing a formal state attire? why is does Carl has the title "Baron"?
Victoria looks great, the red color and her hair style!
I´ve asked myself that too. And there seems to be no proper answer. Yesterday I came across old pictures from the wedding of Christina (the sister of baron Carl) and for it Victoria and Silvia wore tiaras. Actually the wedding of Christina was a minor ranked wedding (well the groom was a baron as well...but he had no connection to the Royal house), but they wore tiaras and this time not
So my guess is, that they make it as they want it...or as the bridal couple has chosen it.
Carl is baron, because his father Niklas is one as well. Baron Nilkas Silfverschiöld is married to princess Désirée, who got through the marriage the additional title "baroness"...and all three children of them are baron and baroness (Carl will keep it, Christina is married to a baron, so she´s again/still baroness and Helene is unmarried)

Old 06-21-2005, 09:24 AM
Nobility

I'm not so into the royal stuff so I have a little question to do: the children Carl Philip and Madeleine will have will get the title of prince or princess too? Or just Victoria's children will get?

Old 06-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
A poster on the GREMB was in Falsterbo and has made pics:
http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranjes/index.html
Here are the photos from Marina who was there at the wedding. I received her permission to post them.

1. Groom´s aunt and uncle, Princess Christina and Tord Magnuson

2. Groom´s cousins, Victor and Oscar Magnuson

3. A bridesmaid

4. The Bride

5. The ceremony

6. The Bridal Couple

7. Carl Philip, Madeleine and their cousin, daughter of Margaretha, Sibylla

8. Christina and Tord, the groom´s aunt and uncle

9. Desiree, daughter of Birgitta with husband

10. Flowergirls. We think they might be the bride´s children.

Old 06-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Serene Highness

Hallo Lena,
thanks for posting the pictures from "clasos". Is this a foto-agency? Which is the website? Can you help me, too? Many thanks for your further help in advance.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna
Hallo Lena,
thanks for posting the pictures from "clasos". Is this a foto-agency? Which is the website? Can you help me, too? Many thanks for your further help in advance.
Direct link to pics of Silvia(s):
http://www.clasos.com/clasos/present...categoria=news

On the left you can search for other terms...press then buscar...keywords are spanish e.g. "reina Silvia" or "princesa Victoria"
Old 06-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Majesty

11. The church and the car in which they drove off

12. Bridal Couple arriving at car. Note suspicious-looking man looking through the fence.

13. Bridal couple stopping for more photos at car

14-15 Apparently, the car wouldn´t start so the driver had to look under the hood(bonnet) to see what was wrong. But it finally started and they were off

16. Father of the Groom talking to some children. Perhaps his grandchildren.

17. Birgitta, aunt of groom

18. The groom´s sister Christina and her husband with Sibylla, daughter of Margaretha making her the groom´s cousin. Pay attention. There will be a quiz later. :)

19. Sister of the Groom, Helene Ingeborg

Old 06-21-2005, 10:58 AM
Majesty

Finally and certainly not least, we have some people who everybody knows!

Old 06-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you so much, Dennis...for asking Marina for her permission and for posting these pics. They show a greater variation and more family members (of the whole clan) than the pics in the agencies.
I don´t know, if she reads it: Thank you very much, Marina for making and sharing these pictures :)
Old 06-21-2005, 11:30 AM
Majesty

Thank you, Lena:) for your compliments. Yes, I wanted to make sure we´d get them on here for posterity.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks everyone for all the pictures posted, it looks like a wonderful summer wedding! Congratulations to the couple!

I don't know what Queen Silvia think she was wearing though, it looks really strange to me, and she looks so "covered up"... I love Princess Madeleine's hair, it looks so wonderful! Dream hair to me! All the siblings looked really good.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I read Expressen this weekend where they had some pics and info from the wedding. According to them, 600 guests were invited to the wedding. The church ceremony was conducted by 79 year old priest Ove Theander and 3 classic Swedish psalms were sung during the ceremony: nr 200 “I denna ljuva sommartid” (in this delightful summertime), nr 289 “Guds kärlek är som stranden” (God’s love is like the shore) and nr 201 “En vänlig grönskas rika dräkt” (hard to translate). The reception was held at Falsterbo Golf Club were white tents had been raised.

The menu of the wedding reception:

Entrée: Salmon Tartar with Whitefish Roe
Beverage: Gavi di Gavi, dry white Italian vine

Main Course: Stuffed quail with Morel Sauce and Swedish Early Potatoes
Beverage: Gran Lurton, Argentinian Cabernet Sauvignon

Dessert: Vanilla Pannacotta with Swedish Strawberries
Beverage: Oremus Tokaji, Hungarian dessert vine
Old 06-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Courtier

Thumbs up Thank you Dennism!

Thank you Dennism! The photographs are absolutely fabulous! They are some of the best I have seen of the wedding. Well done and congratulations for posting them. :)

Old 06-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Majesty

Quail in a morel sauce and potatoes! How very Swedish. Thanks for the extra information, GrandDuchess. Marina also notes that they sang "Love is all Around" and and "Come Away with Me" which is a song of Norah Jones. They also played the Allegro from Drottningholmsmusiken by Johan Helmich Roman. The priest confirmed the bride when she was a girl of course. :) Thank you, Gita!
Old 06-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Courtier

Lightbulb Photos

You are welcme Dennism! The one taken inside of the church is ver touching. They are truly lovely photographs. :)
Old 06-21-2005, 11:59 AM
Majesty

Aww. Thank you. By the way, Norah Jones has a connection to the Bernadottes. Her father, Ravi Shankar is a former recipient of the Polar Music Prize!
Old 06-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Gentry

Any pictures from the wedding reception? thanks
Old 06-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
I don't want to point this out, but is the bride wearing a yellow bra? or is it just my eyes?

Everyone looked very lovely and I even have no real complaints about Victoria's attire. :)
Thanks to Dennism photos we can now see that it must have been a flower petal or something :o . In Dennism photos there is no trace of yellow in her dress .

Great Wedding, I must say. Everybody seem to enjoy it a lot.

Regards.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Thank you for all these photos. They're all just great! :)
Old 06-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
I'm having a terrible day and your annotated photo has made me laugh. Thank you, Lena. :) I would also look at the neck too. Look at the myriad colours there! Maybe it's just the angle, or maybe it's a shadow, but I think there is evidence to suggest fake tan of some description. It seems to be a very close friend of hers.
You're welcome, always a pleasure (well I simply CAN`T act differently) And I say thank you for this funny comment-> "It seems to be a very close friend of hers"

A set from eastnews (slowly I can´t say anymore, what I´ve already posted and what is new...when you spot a picture twice, please feel free to tell me, then I would remove the one in the minor quality)
IMO Madeleine should take care of those spots/pigmented moles/birthmarks in the upper area of her cleavage. IMO she hadn´t such spots as teenager and very young twen (But maybe I´m wrong...generally I´m not checking this area too much )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	b1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	162061   Click image for larger version

Name:	b2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	162062   Click image for larger version

Name:	b3.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	162063   Click image for larger version

Name:	b4.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	162064  

Click image for larger version

Name:	b5.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	162065   Click image for larger version

Name:	b6.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	162066   Click image for larger version

Name:	b7.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	162067  
Old 06-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Nobility

They all look so nice. I love that first pic of victoria and the little boy. :)