Archduke Sigismund of Austria-Tuscany & Lady Elyssa Edmonstone 1999

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elsa M.

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
--
Country
Portugal
The wedding, which united the Tuscan Habsburgs to an ancient Scots family, took place at the London's Brompton Oratory, on September 11th 1999.

Sigismund (*1966), Archduke of Tuscany, Prince of Hungary and Bohemia, is the son of Archduke Leopold Franz of Austria and Marquise Laetitia de Belsunce d'Aremberg. At the time of the marriage, he was already the head of the Tuscany line of Habsburg-Lorraine family, after Leopold abdicated in his favour. Elyssa (*1973), who had to convert to Catholicism, is the daughter of Lord Archibald Edmonstone, of Duntreath (Bart) and a direct descendant from Edward VII's mistress Alice Keppel.

Asked about how they met for the first time, Archduke Sigismund told Hello magazine, n.º 575:
«It was quite funny, because a friend called me to ask me to visit him in Scotland and I thought, 'Oh, Scotland is so far north and it rains horribly'. But I went anyway and there she was: Elyssa was sitting beside me at dinner, and I fell in love with her at first sight».

Following the ceremony and the reception at Claridge's, the couple spent the honeymoon in a tropical island and afterwards they went to live in Lausane (Switzerland), where the Archduke (educated in computer science) works as a banker. Elyssa had worked as a researcher to Esther Rantzen's talk show, prior to her wedding.

The couple has now 3 children: Leopoldo (*2001), Tatyana (*2003) and Maximilian (*2004).

__*__*__

Photos from the time of the engagement, by Hello magazine:

1-2. at the Pancrazi's villa, in Bagnolo (Tuscany);
3. with Elyssa's parents, Lord and Lady Edmonstone, outside Duntreath Castle (the family's estate, near Glasgow), which was granted to them in 1435, by the king of Scotland.

Here is a link to the Grand Duke of Tuscany thread in the Non-reigning Houses forum.

Elsa M. said:
The wedding, which united the Tuscan Habsburgs to an ancient Scots family, took place at the London's Brompton Oratory, on September 11th 1999.

Sigismund (*1966), Archduke of Tuscany, Prince of Hungary and Bohemia, is the son of Archduke Leopold Franz of Austria and Marquise Laetitia de Belsunce d'Aremberg. At the time of the marriage, he was already the head of the Tuscany line of Habsburg-Lorraine family, after Leopold abdicated in his favour. Elyssa (*1973), who had to convert to Catholicism, is the daughter of Lord Archibald Edmonstone, of Duntreath (Bart) and a direct descendant from Edward VII's mistress Alice Keppel.

So that means she is related to Camilla Parker Bowles? Or am I getting the mistresses mixed up? :rolleyes::D

Lady Jennifer said:
So that means she is related to Camilla Parker Bowles? Or am I getting the mistresses mixed up? :rolleyes::D
I believe you're right.
Camilla's great-grandmother, Alice Keppel, was sister of the 14th of Duntreth. Elyssa is the daughter of the 17th of Duntreath.

The celebrant was the Reverend Father Ronald-Creighton-Jobe, Chaplain of the Tuscan Order of Saint Stephen.
Before the entry of the bride, the organist played Fantasia in G Major, Air in F from the Water Music, and Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring.

Back
Top Bottom