Archduke Martin of Austria & Princess Katharina of Isenburg 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karolinabraganza

Nobility
Photos from SeegerPress:

1-2. the couple;
3. Moritz zu Oettingen-Oettingen;
4. Moritz and Lioba Oettingen-Oettingen;
5. Fürst von Lichtenstein and crown-princely couple of Belgium;
6. Jean de France;
7. Graf Neipperg and wife, born Habsburg;
8. Princess Marie von Würrtemberg, nee Princess zu Wied;
9. Fürst Hans Adam von und zu Liechtenstein and Fürstin Marie;
10. Princess Astrid of Belgium.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathilde's hat and clothing are beautiful. I love the pink colour.

SeegerPress:

Originally posted by Poppy@May 10th, 2004 - 10:04 am
Mathilde's hat and clothing are beautiful. I love the pink colour.
So do I, but I hate Astrid'outfit!

Thank You for sharing those photos with us. Are there any close ups of the bride? Or perhaps her tiara? I would love to know more about her tiara....

can some one tell me a bit about the bride and groom

Bride & Groom

Josefine said:
can some one tell me a bit about the bride and groom
HI&RH Archduke Martin of Austria-Este (1959- );
2nd son of HI&RH Archduke Robert of Austria-Este, Head of the Ducal House of Modena, and Princess Margherita of Savoy-Aosta.
(Martin is the brother of Archduke Lorenz who is married to Princess Astrid of Belgium.)

Married 2004 HSH Princess Katharina (1971- ), eldest daughter of HSH Franz Alexander, 8th Fürst von Isenburg, and Countess Christine von Saurma.

Point de Vue reported the tiara as an Isenburg heirloom, but it actually belongs to Archduchess Margherita..

Last edited:
The religious wedding took place at the Catholic church of Mariä Heimsuchung (Birstein, Germany) on Saturday, May 8th 2004.

(SeegerPress)

As the church could only lodge part of the 300 guests, many of them only attended the reception afterwards (at the Castle Birstein). Because of the rain, this had to be tranferred to the inside of the castle, instead of the garden, as initially planed.

Besides the guests already pointed in the pics, it was also attended by Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg, the Dukes of Aosta, the Princes von Baden, Counts Karl-Eugen and Andrea zu Neipperg, Archdukes Carl Ludwig, Yolande, Felix, Rudolph, Anna Gabriele, Carl Christian and Marie-Astrid, Fürst Wolfgang Ernst zu Ysenburg und Büdingen, Fürstin Benita zu Schaumburg-Lippe, among others.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
At the yahoo group 'Royauté' you can see many pictures more, also a closer one of the bride's tiara.
Would you please share some of them, so we can see the bride's dress? ;)

Warren said:
HI&RH Archduke Martin of Austria-Este (1959- );
2nd son of HI&RH Archduke Robert of Austria-Este, Head of the Ducal House of Modena, and Princess Margherita of Savoy-Aosta.
(Martin is the brother of Archduke Lorenz who is married to Princess Astrid of Belgium.)

Married 2004 HSH Princess Katharina (1971- ), eldest daughter of HSH Franz Alexander, 8th Fürst von Isenburg, and Countess Christine von Saurma.

The tiara belongs to the Isenburg family.

The Tiara belogs to the mother of the groom Archduchess Margherita of Austria, née Princess of Savoy-Aosta and is often worn by Her daughter-in-law Princess Astrid of Belgium

Any members of the Spanish, Liechenstein or Monaco families?

Stefan said:
The Tiara belogs to the mother of the groom Archduchess Margherita of Austria, née Princess of Savoy-Aosta and is often worn by Her daughter-in-law Princess Astrid of Belgium
Thanks Stefan. :)
Point de Vue is not as realiable as I thought it to be on these things. :(

Can anyone post the bride's pictures? I really want to see the dress.

Archduchess Marguerite looked lovely, the most elegant woman present IMO. The pale yellow looks good on her and the hat is very elegant.

I've just found these pictures on the website of the Gesangverein 1843 Wenings e.V.:

I posted the images thorugh Imageshack, I hope you can see them!

Source: Gesangverein 1843 Wenings e.V.

Last edited:
Oh, thank you very much indeed, Leonardinha! I was so wanting to see the dress, but for some reason, there seemed to be none!

Much appreciated!

The tiara looks a bit more flowery than the one Astrid normally uses, is it another tiara that Astrid's Mother in law has?

The tiara looks a bit more flowery than the one Astrid normally uses, is it another tiara that Astrid's Mother in law has?

No it's the Sayoy-Aosta tiara.

Isenburg Wedding Tiara debate

Are you sure that's the Savoy-Aosta tiara? I know it's been 5 years but I'm pretty sure that she's wearing the Isenburg Floral Tiara for the wedding and then she switched to the Savoy for the reception.

You are right, ahanks, and welcome to TRF! It was the Isenburg floral tiara.
The discussion above is from early 2011. So that was before Princess Sophie of Isenburg got married to Georg-Friedrich of Prussia. In the course of that wedding better pictures and information about the Isenburg tiara surfaced. So with those new pictures we can be quite sure that Princess Katharina wore the Isenburg floral tiara as well.

I haven't seen pictures from the reception. Did Princess Katharina really switch tiaras? I know that her sister Sophie did in 2011, she also wore the Prussian meander tiara.

Tilia C.
The Dowager Habsbourg Este is still living.

Will She share her jewels to her 4 Children ? or will Prince Lorenz receive the biggest Aoste tiara and the huge necklace ?

there is a small tiara the Dowager wore for her wedding.
Will this tiara be for the 3 others ??

:previous: I wish I knew, but I can only guess. And my guess is, that AD Lorenz, as eldest son, will at least inherit the large tiara, possibly also the emerald necklace. Maybe the second tiara will go to AD Martin.

Back
Top Bottom