Archduke Konrad of Austria & Ashmita Goswami, December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Synnadene

Commoner
City
Piliscsév
Country
Hungary
Archduke Konrad (son of Archduke Heinrich Karl and Ludmilla von Galen) married Ashmita Goswami on 10th December 2005 in Anif (Salzburg).

Pictures are welcome!!! :)

pdas1201 said:
Whole bunch of pictures from the wedding of Archduke Konrad and Miss Asmita Goswami
Lots of pics (126 in all) covering probably every guest at the wedding, but no captions, so the majority of the guests can't be identified. :(

Warren said:
Lots of pics (126 in all) covering probably every guest at the wedding, but no captions, so the majority of the guests can't be identified. :(

I got 131 pics:D It is indeed a pity, that a majority of them don't have captions. I would love to know the royals that attended the wedding.

the weather kind of looks cold out there, anybody has an idea about how old the archduke is?
were there any other european royals in the wedding?
both the bride and the bridegroom are positively glowing.

is there a background on the groom?
which family he comes from? his next-of-kin family? and so on...

purple_platinum said:
is there a background on the groom?
which family he comes from? his next-of-kin family? and so on...
Archduke Konrad was born in 1971. He is the son of Archduke Heinrich (Count von Kyburg) and Archduchess Ludmila, neé Countess von Galen.
Heinrich's father was Archduke Maximilian, who was the brother of the Emperor Karl.

Konrad's siblings:
  • Archduke Philipp, b 1962, engaged 2005 to Myasuni Heath of the UK.
  • Archduke Ferdinand, b 1965; married 1999 Countess Katharina von Hardenberg and has two children, Archduke Jakob Maximilian and Archduchess Paulina.
  • Archduchess Marie Christine, b 1964; married 1996 Clemens von Guggenberg.

If somebody know the Habsburg guests, please, identify them!

Warren said:
He is the son of Archduke Heinrich (Count von Kyburg) and Archduchess Ludmila, neé Countess von Galen.

Count von Kyburg?
Where did you take that title? The Kyburgs were an old Swiss noble family, but the family is extinct in male line.

jacadenasso said:
Count von Kyburg?
Where did you take that title? The Kyburgs were an old Swiss noble family, but the family is extinct in male line.
The two sons of Archduke Maximilian, Archdukes Ferdinand (1918-2004) and Heinrich (1925- ) used the title of Count von Kyburg.

source: Burke's Royal Families of the World, Vol 1 Europe & Latin America, p 29.

hania said:
is there any news on ashmita, she is quite pretty, is she indian?
She is reported to be British, of Indian background.

Their is a major fault in the title of the topic: one can NOT be archducke von Habsburg-Österreich. To be correct, it should be: Konrad von Habsburg-Lothringen, Erzherzog (archduke) von Österreich.
Could a moderator please correct it?

P.S. I know I'm sometimes boring with correcting titles and names, but I think it's essential to the respect of people and the interest of the forum to give correct names and titles to people.

Once more edited: someone seems to have edited the title of the topic. This is great, but there's still a fault: it's Konrad von H-L, archduke of Austria, not archduke von Habsburg-Lothringen. von Habsburg-Lothringen is the name of the family, archduke of Austria is the title of some of its members. Maybe I should create a title to explain some subtilities about nobility and titles. Would someone be interested?

Re-PS The most simple to edit the title is to write: Archduke Konrad of Austria. It would be perfect

Danielane, titles' lover

Last edited:
Title

How are all the descendents archdukes?

ksenia said:
How are all the descendents archdukes?

I don't know exactly. At least 75 archdukes and around 60 archduchess by birth, and I don't know how exactly archduchesses by marriage there are.

What is the nationality of the bride and groom please? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Archduke Konrad was born in Zurich and Ashmita is British.

Does Ashmita now have the title of Archduchess? And what title would any possible descendants have? (I'm not sure what the Habsburg house rules are for marriages with "commoners"...:) )

KatieLouise said:
Does Ashmita now have the title of Archduchess? And what title would any possible descendants have? (I'm not sure what the Habsburg house rules are for marriages with "commoners"...:) )
The Archduke Otto as Head of the Imperial House and his eldest son Archduke Karl decide whether a marriage is 'equal'. If it is deemed to be so, the bride will take the title of Archduchess and any children will be Archdukes and Archduchesses of Austria with the style of Imperial and Royal Highness. If the marriage is deemed 'unequal' the bride will be Countess von Habsburg-Lothringen, and the children Counts and Countesses.

As far as I know the title of Ashmita is uncertain. Someone else may be able to clarify her position.

Just because Konrad was born in Switzerland doesn't make him Swiss because of Swiss citizenship requirements.

Does anyone know where they live, how they met, who designed her gorgeous dress, details like that?

Can somebody post a picture about Ashmita without watermark?

Archduchess Ashmita

KatieLouise said:
An answer! According to E Gerben on the GARMB via a member of the Habsburg family, Ashmita is indeed an Archduchess of Austria. In other words, the marriage has been recognised as "equal". Any children will bear the title of Archduke or Archduchess of Austria, Prince or Princess of Hungary and Bohemia, with the style of Imperial and Royal Highness.

Warren said:
An answer! According to E Gerben on the GARMB via a member of the Habsburg family, Ashmita is indeed an Archduchess of Austria. In other words, the marriage has been recognised as "equal". Any children will bear the title of Archduke or Archduchess of Austria, Prince or Princess of Hungary and Bohemia, with the style of Imperial and Royal Highness.

Thanks for your answer, Warren! I thought that the Habsburgs were a little more conservative when it came to the equality of marriages... but perhaps not!

Is she the first person of Indian descent to marry into a royal family? I was surprised to see that there was no corresponding Indian ceremony. Many inter-religious couples choose to do a ceremony in each religion or some combination of the two. If I'm mistaken, please let me know!

Back
Top Bottom