Archduchess Marie Christine of Austria and Count Rodolphe of Limburg-Stirum, 6 Dec 08

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Archduchess Marie-Christine of Austria will marry Count Rodolphe of Limburh Stirum in Mechelen, Belgium, on Dec 6th.

According to the newspaper 'Het Gazet van Antwerpen' the sevice will be led by Cardinal Danneels and the entire Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg will be present, as well as Queen Fabiola, prince Filip, princess Astrid and prince Laurent of Belgium.

Article in Dutch here.

Thanks Marengo. This is going to be one romantic wedding...........Pictures please.....and best wishes to the lovely couple.............

According to Jeannick at the Benelux Royals MB the service will start at 4PM, and from 2.30PM 150 people without invitations will be allowed in the St. Rombauds cathedral! It is not allowed to make pictures inside.

Her original post, here (which expires after 2 months or so).

Thank you. I doubt they will show anything on US TV. I remember her parents' wedding in Luxenbourg. Most romantic. I hope this is also.
I am sure Belgium, Luxenbourg,Hapsburg families will be there in their entirety...:flowers:

I hope that the Flemish programme VTM Royalty will show something, their broadcasts are available online afterwards, so if they broadcast it a link can be posted here so you can see something, even in the US!

The Habsburg family in their entirety should be enough to fill two cathedrals I think ;).

I hope that some photos will be posted here! It sounds like it will be a beautiful wedding.

Another royal wedding! Great! Can't wait for it :wub:

I hope that the Flemish programme VTM Royalty will show something, their broadcasts are available online afterwards, so if they broadcast it a link can be posted here so you can see something, even in the US!

The Habsburg family in their entirety should be enough to fill two cathedrals I think ;).

We can always hope, can't we?? :DThey had reasons in a couple of weddings not to show up because they did not approve of the newly arrived one. In this case there should be no grinding of teeth. Besides the family of France should also be represented. The aunt of the groom is an Orleans........The more the merrier......please post the broadcast as soon as it goes on line. Thanks:flowers:

According to a belgian Newspaper the attendance of Queen Fabiola, prince Philippe, Princess Astrid, Prince Laurent and the enitire Luxemburgian Family was confirmed. let's see who from the Habsburgs attends. At the Wedding of marie Christine's cousin Carl Christian last year no line of the Otto-branch attended. I doubt he will attend because of his age but i think his sons and Families could attend.

Any idea who her bridesmaids are or who his best man is?

The princes of Ligne will be present? Princess Alice of the Ligne, is sister of Grand Duke John of Luxembourg.

I am looking forward to seeing photos of this wedding.I wonder whether any Crown Princely couples are expected to attend.

I will try to find out if the press of the mother of the bride, Dona Christine from Orléans and Brangança and Ligne and her husband the Prince of Brazil, Don Antonio de Orleans-Braganza and Wittelsbacher

Associação Causa Imperial - A.C.I

__
My English is not very good, see if understood​

Thanks for the photos!:flowers: The cathedral is breathtaking. I am sure this wedding will be perfect.

So far the list looks impressive: Queen Fabiola, Crown Prince Phillipe, Princess Astrid and Archduke Lorenz, Grand Duke Henri and his family. Once again it is refreshing to see that some families do uphold traditions. The couple is just picture perfect. :wub::wub::wub:

What traditions are being uphold? In the times of the Austrian empire this would have been considered as a mesalliance and most probably never happen.

Well ... You are quite right. Archduchess could not have married a mere Count during the Austrian empire times. At the same, it would be fair to admit that there is a shortage of appropriate Princes. Nowadays Princes seem to prefer to marry some commoner for love. Under such circumstances, members of nobility (marquises, counts, barons) tend to become appropriate matches for Archduchesses and Princesses. Are there any Princes available for Archduchess Marie-Christine? Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, Prince William, and Prince Henri come to mind. Apart from possible complications related to renouncing the faith, these Princes are busy dating usual girls. Of course, public at large devours every development of these Cindirella stories in progress. Even if Archduchess Marie Christine's parents managed to arrange the marriage between her and one of the aforementioned Princes, there would have been acerbic skepticism about this union and expectaions of failure. At the very least, this marriage is between two members of more or less the same social strata ... fellow aristocrats ... as stated in one of the articles. :flowers:

Archiduchess Marie Christrine has become a very beautiful young lady. :wub:

That cathedrale Saint Rombouts looks impressive.

Lots of details about the Wedding here: http://www.mechelen.be/cms/documenten//00000_2008-12-06_Details_prinselijk_huwelijk_Mechelen.pdf

according to it among the guests

Queen Fabiola of the Belgians
Prince Philippe of Belgium, Duke of Brabant
Princess Astrid of Belgium
Prince Laurent of Belgium

The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg
Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg
Prince Jean of Luxembourg
Princess Margaretha of Luxembourg
Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg

The Duke and Duchess of Bragança

Prince Radu and Princess Margarita of Romania

Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine of Yugoslavia

Prince Jean-Christophe Napoléon

the witnesses are

Princess Annunziata of Liechtenstein

Baroness Elisabeth Gillès de Pélichy

Princess Xenia Galitzine

Count Philippe de Limburg Stirum
Count François-Guillaume de Limburg Stirum
Countess Marie de Limburg Stirum

Pages

Princess Ladislaya (Laya) of Auersperg-Trautson
Princess Eleonora (Nora) of Auersperg-Trautson

Prince Léopold of Nassau
Princess Charlotte of Nassau

Archduchess Antonia of Austria
Archduchess Isabelle of Austria

Count Jean de Limburg Stirum

Count Costantino Secco di Aragona

Edouard Misonne

Last edited:
this couple is lovely. they really are what the ideal royal would represent. i really can't wait for the wedding and look forward to seeing marie christine in her wedding gown! i'm sure we will have some lovely pictures of the luxembourg-austria-belgium-liechtenstein family.

Marriage
verloofden to have the choice of its marriage in Belgium due to many the familiar bows that have in our country and particularly in Mechelen, a likeable passed rich city with a historical one, where Daisy of Austria, direct on-line ancestral one of the princess, as governor of Holland.
Many members of the European real houses related and noble families go to frequent the ceremony. There they are waited between the representatives of Belgium, Austria, Luxemburg, Portugal, Brazil, Romênia, Liechtenstein, France, Germany and Yugoslavia.

Tradução on-line e profissional gratuita pela WorldLingo

Oh the witnesses are all Nobles! This will be a great royal wedding :wub:, I am sure!

Do you think that this wedding will be transmitted on television ?

Back
Top Bottom