The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-09-2008, 07:22 AM
Gentry

To me the bride and groom looked very much in love, smitten with each other and happy beyond belief!! She looked absolutely beautiful and Rodolphe looked so handsome. They look like a perfect match!!!!

Where was the groom's father? Did I miss a picture of him?

What does Rodolphe do for a living? Does Marie Christine work?

Old 12-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Gentry

Marie-Alix de Ligne, born Luxembourghttp://www.royaltyguide.nl/images-sp...Luxembourg.JPG

prince Duarte of Portugal
http://www.royaltyguide.nl/images-sp...20Portugal.JPG

Michel & Eleonore of Ligne

http://www.royaltyguide.nl/images-sp...-Branganza.JPG

Royaltyguide

Old 12-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Nobility

On the royaltyguide site there was actually a picture of princess Claire and her daughter.So I guess she and Laurent really went to the wedding
Old 12-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Princess Claire and princess Louise
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: claire20of20belgium20anbp6.jpg
Old 12-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Claire assisted only at the Reception. I have no idea where it was, pictures were taken on the late afternoon .
Old 12-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Courtier

The reception was held at the Pastoraal Centrum, behind the cathedral.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
Tageblatt Luxembourg

here's an entire album with people I hadn't seen yet..someone recognise someone?
for example, who is the lady who enters the cathedral with Archduchess Yolande, neè de Ligne? and the boy in uniform with an old lady?
there is a clear pic of granduke Jean!
Was queen Fabiola wearing a thiara or something?

What an impressive gathering of nobles. The bride and groom are simply exquisite. They looked happy and truly in love.
May they always be as happy as they were that special day.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, this wedding was an impressive gathering of nobles from Belgium and other countries .The ladies were well-dressed indeed but as this very day it was so cold , they had to put their furs on. (ex. Princess Hélène de France , Comtesse Evrard de Limbourg Stirum).
Old 12-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Yes, this wedding was an impressive gathering of nobles from Belgium and other countries .The ladies were well-dressed indeed but as this very day it was so cold , they had to put their furs on. (ex. Princess Hélène de France , Comtesse Evrard de Limbourg Stirum).

I wondered actually how cold it was since the bride, her mother,mother in law to be, Astrid of Belgium and other ladies looked like they wore lighter fabrics. Then Queen Fabiola and Princess Helene among others were wearing coats.
All in all it was a great joy to look through those pictures. The happiness was so evident, one cannot but be happy for them.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Austrian archduchess weds her count in fairytale ceremony
This is becoming a popular wedding dress style for royal brides. It's very similar to Sophie of Wessex and Princess Martha-Loiuse of Norway's dresses - a coat with train over another dress. I do love the fur cuffs - it's a nice touch for a winter wedding.

I'm a little confused on the family relations.......
The bride is an Austrian Archduchess by birth? Her mother was born a princess of Luxumborg, sister to the current Grand Duke? The groom is a Flemish Count? Why are they marrying in Belgium, and where to the Imperial Family of Brazil fit into all this?
Marie Christine is an Austrian Archduchess by birth; now, She is the Countess Rodolphe de Limburg-Stirum;
Her Mother is the firstborn daughter of Grand Duke Jean and the late Grand Duchess Josephine of Luxembourg, so she was born Princess of Luxembourg;
The Groom is a Flemish Count;
Both them live in Belgium, His Family is Belgian, a lot of Her relatives live there;
Prince Antonio of Orleans-Braganza married the former Princess Christine de Ligne, who is a cousin of both Marie Christine's Parents:
Eugene de Ligne - Yolande de Ligne - Carl Christian of Austria - Marie Christine
Eugene de Ligne - Antoine de Ligne - Christine de Ligne
Charlotte of Luxembourg - Jean of Luxembourg - Marie Astrid of Luxembourg - Marie Christine
Charlotte of Luxembourg - Alix of Lusembourg - Christine de Ligne
Old 12-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Are there some photos of the paternal cousins of Marie Christine?
Old 12-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Nobility

yes there is........if you look back at the family tree you will see that Maria-Laura is related to Marie-Christine on both sides.....so there is one cousin on her dad's side. I don't remember seeing any other cousins though
Old 12-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Were the children of Archdukes Rudolf and Marie Helene and the children of Hector and Alexandra Riesle present? Are there some photos of them?

I have lloked at the pictures of the wedding of Philippe and Mathilde of Brabant 9 years ago: the suit wore by Marie Astrid is the same, she only changed the hat, the gloves and the bag. But is admirable that She can use, after a long time, the same suits...
Old 12-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
...Are there some photos of them?
There are many photographic links posted in this thread. It may be tedious going through them all to find photos of specific people, but that's the way it's done.
Or try a Google image search.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Gentry

I love her gown, especially the furry sleeves. Can anyone tell me how old the bride and groom are?
Old 12-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Rodolphe is 29, he was born in March 20, 1979; Marie Christine is 25, she was born in July 31, 1983
Old 12-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiep View Post
I love her gown, especially the furry sleeves. Can anyone tell me how old the bride and groom are?
I believe she is 25 and he is 29. I don't know why she looks younger to me, maybe because of her fair hair and little face. :)
Old 12-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Aristocracy

I agree, Elsa!
Wonderful fur details, very elegant gown, but the fabric is just too shiny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
I like the fur details on the sleeves, although I'm not a fan of the shiny fabric of the top coat... I like the little bridesmaids and pageboys' winter look... red velvet is perfect for a winter wedding
Picture details
Old 12-13-2008, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starnightsky View Post
Where was the groom's father? Did I miss a picture of him?
I am kind of disappointed to notice photographs have rather been focusing on guests who already get much publicity in the media. It is sad to see that the bride's siblings (except for her bridesmaid - her sister Gabriela) and the groom's immediate family have not been portraid.

The bride's brothers:
http://www.prismanews.com/IMG/cache-...e0b94b1bea.jpg

The groom with his family:
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/11514381.jpg</B>
Old 12-13-2008, 05:16 AM

Some more pictures:
Count Christian de Limburg Stirum, father of the groom, here with Archduchess Marie-Astrid of Austria
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/11512927.jpg

Count Philippe de Limburg Stirum, in uniform
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/11507135.jpg

Count François de Limburg Stirum and Countess Marie de Limburg Stirum:
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/11512949.jpg

I read somewhere that Rodolphe insisted his two brothers and sister would be his whitnesses!
Apparently, the groom's father, Count Christian de Limburg Stirum was born in 1934. IMO he still looks very young and handsome.

Here a bigger picture of the groom's parents. No wonder the children are good-looking!
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/A...SuEHILwRel.jpg

Brother and sister of the groom, again -
Count François de Limburg Stirum and Countess Marie de Limburg Stirum

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00215037.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ine%20Austria%

Tags
habsburg, limburg-stirum