The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I loved to se all these pics and videos of the royal wedding!

This couple is very romantic , the families and guests seem truly delighted with this wedding and IMO the Wedding bress is very elegant. It's not amazing but the fur detail is quite creative for a wedding dress. I liked it a lot.

Nothing compares to these traditional royal weddings where almost everyone attending it are royals.

Best wishes for them!

Old 12-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Aristocracy

Marie Christine and Rudolf wedding picture www.myroyal.wordpress.com

Old 12-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Aristocracy

The bride looks so beautiful! Where was the wedding held, it looks like a huge place. And no offence but I really don't like what Alexandra and Tessy are wearing.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
The bride is beautiful and looked stunning, as did her little sister Gabriella. I'm disappointed at not seeing the bride's grandfather, Grand Duke Jean. I can't seem to locate him in any of the photographs. Can someone help me?

you can see GD Jean in the background of this pic:
Picture details
Old 12-07-2008, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
Posted by Lorenzo on RJWMB
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Marie-Christine's tiara ?

I'm little dissapointed about the guests. I hope to see more Belgian royals of course Mathilde, Paola, Albert, Claire and Laurent maybe Amadeo and more family from Luxembourg. Are there photos of ther guests?
Is there were more Habsburg relatieves?

There is a better picture of the tiara on this board

DINASTAS | Los Foros de la Realeza

In spanish, sorry.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Majesty

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:46 AM

Very strange??
I could not believe my eyes...and thought at first that I made a mistake, but I think it is strange that being the closest relative to the bride HR&IH The Archduchess Marie Astrid as mother of the bride did not make any effort for her outfit. Being the most important female person after the bride..she had not made a new couture outfit for the weddingceremony of her eldest daughter and choose to wear the brown & white colared suit which she used before on the weddingday of her her Belgian cousin HRH Prince Laurent april 2003. In Mechelen only the hat was new??!! Quirinus X. Heim
Old 12-07-2008, 07:14 AM
Royal Highness

What a beutiful couple!
I loved the brides dress also the little bridesmaids and pages, very appropriately attired.
I thought Astrid and her daughter Laura very badly dressed.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

What a beautiful bride!
Gallery from Zimbio
Archduchess Marie-Christine Of Austria & Rodolphe Of Limburg-Stirum We - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 12-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Gentry

It has pictures of Mr. Antonio and Mrs. Christine de Ligne? Cato has pictures of Queen Eleanor and Prince Miguel de Ligne.

If someone has put in the forum, I copy and place on the site of the Association Imperial CAUSE
www.causaimperial.org.br
Old 12-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Courtier

I agree with some other posters. I thought the mother of the bride was seriously underdressed for such a joyous and festive occasion. A brown business suit? Faux pas!

And, what was Princess Astrid and her daughter Maria Laura thinking? Was Astrid wearing a silver lame rain coat? That short fur jacket was way too matronly for Maria Laura. It looks like something borrowed from Queen Fabiola's wardrobe.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

There was nothing about dress-code on wedding invitations?

MariaLaura looks strange whe we comparing her with other female gueast (Liechtenstein and Luxembiourg's girls).
Old 12-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Nobility

Beautiful pics from the wedding, thank you all so much!!
Old 12-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Commoner

Princess' Marie-Astrid's outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by QX Heim View Post
Very strange??
I could not believe my eyes...and thought at first that I made a mistake, but I think it is strange that being the closest relative to the bride HR&IH The Archduchess Marie Astrid as mother of the bride did not make any effort for her outfit. Being the most important female person after the bride..she had not made a new couture outfit for the weddingceremony of her eldest daughter and choose to wear the brown & white colared suit which she used before on the weddingday of her her Belgian cousin HRH Prince Laurent april 2003. In Mechelen only the hat was new??!! Quirinus X. Heim
She looks elegant but not very special indeed. But she is always rather discreetly dressed. But I cannot not believe she did not buy a brandnew outfit?? I have been looking everywhere to find a picture of Marie-Astrid at Laurent & Claire's wedding but without success so far. Could anyone find and post? Thank you.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

HRIH Marie- Astrid , the mother of Marie-Christine , did not need E. Vermeulen's dresses. Like all the Habsbourg she has her name (wedding of Karl and Franciska : just remember the diffence of the imperial look of Archiduke Otto and Baron of Thyssen' s..).
In the forums they are more pictures of Astrid of Belgium and her daughter who did not look as Princesses..than pictures of Marie Astrid of Habsbourg, her sister Margaretha and her daughter Marie-Annuniata von und zu Liechtenstein
I saw a picture of Charlotte of Luxembourg, she looked like her great-grandmother who wore the same surname.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Nobility

Thanks for all the great pictures!

Marie Christine is gorgeous in her wedding dress

I don't like the outfit of her mother Marie Astrid nor do I like Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg's outfit either.

Too bad there isn't a bigger picture of Princess Maria Anunciata von und zu Liechtenstein. I like her alot and the recent pics of her are so rare.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
There was nothing about dress-code on wedding invitations?

MariaLaura looks strange whe we comparing her with other female gueast (Liechtenstein and Luxembiourg's girls).
where have you seen the Liechtenstein girls? I couldn't find them

BTW IMO Maria Laura looked just very cool and fashionable as always in latest years , while princess Astrid dared too much and her outfit was bad (I liked that kind of hat BTW, but it had to be worn with some simpler outfit)

Why princes Lorenz, Amedeo and Joaquim weren't there, they are cousins of the birde two times! And the others Habsburgs?

Whom does MC looked at before saying "yes"? her parents? the head of the imperial family?

Maria Astrid with her "recycled" outfit (if it was so) showed to be very "stilish" and "royal", well-done!

I didn't like the outfits of Alexandra of Luxembourg and Tessy of Nassau, who can prefer them to lovely Maria Laura??

It would be intresting seeing pics of the Brazils and of the Lignes
Old 12-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I mean Maria Anunciata von und zu Liechtenstein[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Old 12-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I mean Maria Anunciata von und zu Liechtenstein[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
The outfit (what little can be seen of it) is indeed somewhat strange for the occasssion - I think it appears a bit too casual. However, she's such a pretty lady she can easily carry it of. Would love to see a clear, full-body picture of her though! I think almost all the female guests are dressed rather strangely, to be honest.

Prince Felix + pink tie.

For certain no one outshone the bride! She's so very beautiful. I agree with most commenters here on her gown (cuff too big, jacket too shiny, slightly higher tiara would have been nicer). Still beautiful though!

*sigh* wish I could look that beautiful at MY wedding!

And in the avalanche of praise for the bride, it should be mentioned that the groom looked very handsome too.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
The bride is beautiful and looked stunning, as did her little sister Gabriella. I'm disappointed at not seeing the bride's grandfather, Grand Duke Jean. I can't seem to locate him in any of the photographs. Can someone help me?
According to posters on another board who where in Mechelen he was there but only at the religious Wedding, but he entered and left the Church through an side entrance. The official pictures where taken in the Town Hall before or after the civil Wedding and therefore he ist not on them.

Royal Travel and Events

Tags
habsburg, limburg-stirum