The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Marie-Christine's relationships with
Napoleon I and II Relationship

Napoleon III Relationship

Louis XVIII Relationship

and with her husband Relationship

Old 01-03-2009, 05:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I completely agree with you about the groom's mother. She was very beautiful.
Me too, I loved her dress and style! It was discrete but still incredibely elegant.
I think it might have been made by Edouard Vermeulen, designer of Natan, seen he attended the wedding. It somehow looks similar to his usual creations.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:53 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post

The 3 ladies that stood out for me was:

1- The mother of the groom. She was THE best dressed to me.
2- Tessy. Even though I don't like the style of the jacket I like the combination.
3- Maria-Laura. I like the messy, up-swept hair and the vintage fur.

Totally agree for the mother of the groom.

Not too sure about the two others, though. To me, it seems like Maria-Laura's dress was waay too short and the vintage fur was rather poorly cutted. As for Tessy's jacket, it looks somehow a bit cheap.

To me, Sibilla of Luxemburg and the groom's sister stood out much more!
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00215004.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00215037.jpg
Old 01-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Hey guys, it's a bit late to be speculating about who she could have married.
She IS married, this is the WEDDING thread, and those posts have been removed.

Warren
Administrator
Old 01-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Hey guys, it's a bit late to be speculating about who she could have married.
She IS married, this is the WEDDING thread, and those posts have been removed.

Warren
Administrator
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Courtier

All in all, a real hodge-podge of wedding guests and slap-dash wedding attire. The older women in their fur coats contrasted with the younger generation in all kinds of get-ups.
There were people in the church in parkas!
I did not see a wonderful fashion statement made by anybody. The women all looked pretty awful although the mother of the groom looked smashing and you could tell that she - at least - made an effort. She stood out as looking sensational for such an important event.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

In my opinion, both Countess Colienne and Archduchess Marie Astrid appeared wonderful; only it was a pity that the dress of Marie Astrid was the same she wore 9 years before at Philippe and Mathilde of Brabant's wedding. I also liked the outfits worn by Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein and Princess Eleonore de Ligne.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
According to Point de Vue (#3151) the gown was of satin and was created by Yves Dooms.Her veil was worn by the Empress Eugenie for her wedding to Napoleon III.
The dress was beautiful in its simplicity.
I agree that the groom's mother was the most stylish but to me, Princess Astrid of Belgium and Maria Laura were awful. Tessy looked like she wore borrowed clothes. P Alexandra was simple and stylish.
Whoa...the EMPRESS EUGENIE'S BRIDAL VEIL?! So it's almost 200 years old and doubtless very, very delicate. I would be terrified of the responsibility of wearing such a valuable heirloom.

It doesn't look that old, as it doesn't have the faded, antique look to it.

But very nice!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
What traditions are being uphold? In the times of the Austrian empire this would have been considered as a mesalliance and most probably never happen.
Actually, the Limburg-Stirums are one of the oldest families in Europe, dating back to the 9th century. Their family was mediatised -- that is, considered of equivalent standing to royal sovereigns and therefore deemed equals for marriage purposes -- before the Confederation of the Rhine in 1806, which is when most other mediatised families attained official royal status.

The bride's parents, Archduchess Marie-Astrid of Hapsburg-Lothringen (born Princess Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg) and Archduke Carl-Christian, were reportedly delighted with their daughter's marriage to Count Rodolphe.

P.S. Another example of a Limburg-Stirum marrying a person of royal rank is the groom's uncle, Count Evrard of Limburg-Stirum, who married Princess Helene of France.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:29 AM
Courtier

As high ranking as they are, as old as they are and as well connected, they are not a mediatised royal family. One hundred years ago this would not have been considered a good marriage for one so close to the the 'Emperor' Of course times have changed and when so many royals marry complete commoners, this marriage is almost as good as it gets.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post
As high ranking as they are, as old as they are and as well connected, they are not a mediatised royal family. One hundred years ago this would not have been considered a good marriage for one so close to the the 'Emperor' Of course times have changed and when so many royals marry complete commoners, this marriage is almost as good as it gets.

My understanding is that the Limburg-Stirums, much like the Counts of Aspremont-Lynden, were sovereign monarchs of the Holy Roman Empire. Because their mediatisation took place before the Confederation of the Rhine, they don't always (but occasionally do) appear on the official list of mediatised families. In any event, the Counts of Limburg-Stirum belong to one of the oldest families in Europe -- even most of the royal houses cannot trace their lineage back to the 9th century.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypoint2 View Post
My understanding is that the Limburg-Stirums, much like the Counts of Aspremont-Lynden, were sovereign monarchs of the Holy Roman Empire. Because their mediatisation took place before the Confederation of the Rhine, they don't always (but occasionally do) appear on the official list of mediatised families. In any event, the Counts of Limburg-Stirum belong to one of the oldest families in Europe -- even most of the royal houses cannot trace their lineage back to the 9th century.
You are of course right and I certainly don't dispute anything you said, but.... they aren't 'royal', whatever the definition is. It's all arbutuary however.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
You are of course right and I certainly don't dispute anything you said, but.... they aren't 'royal', whatever the definition is. It's all arbutuary however.

Completely agreed on all counts! I didn't mean to suggest that the Limburg-Stirums are a royal family, but I can see how my first message could be read that way. My apologies for the confusion.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
King Leopold of Belgium married Princess Louise of Orleans. This is the only French relation on her side that I can think at the moment. Perhaps some Belgian members can help us here.
Through both her father and her mother, the bride is descended from Princess Louise Marie Thérèse of France (1819-1864) and, through her, is also a descendant of Kings Charles X and Louis XV of France.

Princess Louise Marie Thérèse of France married Charles III, Duke of Parma.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Completely agreed on all counts! I didn't mean to suggest that the Limburg-Stirums are a royal family, but I can see how my first message could be read that way. My apologies for the confusion.
Hey no probs. I get a bit uptight sometimes - not your fault.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Hey no probs. I get a bit uptight sometimes - not your fault.

And I get on my high horse too eagerly.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Through both her father and her mother, the bride is descended from Princess Louise Marie Thérèse of France (1819-1864) and, through her, is also a descendant of Kings Charles X and Louis XV of France.
Can you give e a rundown of her descents from Princess Marie Luoise Therese?
Old 04-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Administrator

father - Archduke Carl Christian of Austria:
Charles X, King of France and Navarre > Louise > Roberto I, Duke of Parma > Zita, Empress of Austria > Carl Ludwig > Carl Christian > Marie Christine

mother - Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg:
Charles X, King of France and Navarre > Louise > Roberto I, Duke of Parma > Felix > Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg > Marie Astrid > Marie Christine

In these two lines of descent the most recent common ancestor is Roberto I, Duke of Parma (1848-1907).
Both the Empress Zita and Prince Felix of Luxembourg were his children by his second wife Maria Antonia of Portugal.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Nobility

Thanks, Warren.... You beat me to it!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Nobility

Just to take it a couple of steps back to Louis XV:

Louis XV > Louis, Daupin of France > Charles X > then you can pick up the line of descent from Warren's post above.

Tags
habsburg, limburg-stirum