Archduchess Constanza of Habsburg & Prince Franz-Joseph Auersperg-Trautson 1994

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtbcm

Serene Highness
City
Lisboa
Country
Portugal
The wedding took place, in Belgium, at the Notre-Dame-au-Sablon Church, on the 10th of September.

The archduchess is the daughter of Archduke Carlos and Archduchess Yolanda of Austria. The prince is the first son of Prince Edouardo Auersperg-Trautson and the Princess, born countess, Isabel d'Astremont-Lynden.

The church where the wedding took place is considered one of the most beautiful gotic church in Belgium.

The silk wedding gown was designed by Gérald Watelet.

Bride arriving with her father, Archduke Carlos of Austria​

During cerimony

Godparents of the bride: Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Princess Maria-Anna de Galitzine

General view of Church

Couple with parents

Guests

Marques de Mariño and wife, Princess Nora of Lichtenstein

Archduke Carl-Christian of Habsburgo and Princess Astrid of Luxembourg

Princess Astrid of Belgium with Archduke Lorenz of Austria-Este

Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg and Sibilla Weiller

Princes Henri and Maria-Teresa of Luxembourg

The day before the wedding a Ball took place at Beloeil Castle.

The bride wear for the occasion a dress designed by Scherrer.

Beloeil Castle

Couple arriving

Couple dancing a walz

A funny picture of children watching the party

Allthough I am not big fan of her wedding look, I just love the dress she wear the night before.
Hope you enjoy the pictures.
Regards.

(All these pictures were scanned from Hola magazine and posted Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting)

Last edited:
mtbcm said:
Allthough I am not big fan of her wedding look, I just love the dress she wear the night before.
Yeah, I agree. The wedding gown was too much frou-frou to my own taste (but then again, when did the wedding take place?... late 80's, early 90's? If that is the case, don't blame the bride :rolleyes: ), but the dress she wore at the pre-wedding gala was stunning indeed.
Thank you very much, once again, mtbcm! :)

In which year were they married?

Constanza

liv said:
In which year were they married?
They were married in 1994.
HI&RH Archduchess Constanza is the daughter of Archduke Carl Ludwig and Princess Yolande de Ligne.
She is the sister of Archduke Carl Christian who is married to Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg.

Maria Constanza Anna Rosario Roberta (* 10-19-1957) is Princess Imperial, Archduchess of Austria, Princess of Hungary and Bohemia.

Franz Joseph Gobert Eduard Maria (* 10-11-1954) is the Hereditary Prince von Auersperg-Trautson.

The civil wedding took place in the Château de Beloeil, on June 18th, 1994.
The religious ceremony happened on September 10th, 1994.

Photos from the engagement, by Corbis:

A few more photos from the pre-wedding ball. By Corbis:

From the wedding day, by Corbis:

Thanks for these beautiful pictures. I have always thought that Constanza looks much happier with Franz than she ever did when she was dating King Juan Carlos' cousin. (His son was one of her honor attendants at the wedding.) She has given birth to three daughters and adopted another. The first one died in infancy and was named after her sister. She adopted a little girl shortly thereafter and went on to have two other daughters. Any pictures of her children?

Archduchess Constanza's Wedding Gown

her gown was spectacular. The line of the skirt and the patterning on her bodice make it a real treat.

This is the best wedding gown since Fabiola's fur lined confection of 1960!:)

Constanza really seems to be a very distinguished, elegant lady. The dress she wore at the pre-wedding ball is gorgeous, who designed it (Watelet as well?).
Wasn't she engaged to Luis-Alphonso's father (he died from an accident during the engagement period)?

Marengo said:
Constanza really seems to be a very distinguished, elegant lady.
I agree with you. And she forms a beautiful couple with Franz-Joseph:)

The dress she wore at the pre-wedding ball is gorgeous, who designed it (Watelet as well?).
According to the Hola article kindly shared by mtbcm, this gorgeous dress was designed by Scherrer.

Wasn't she engaged to Luis-Alphonso's father (he died from an accident during the engagement period)?
I don't know if she was really engaged to the Duke of Cádiz or if she was merely his girlfriend.:confused: He died in a skiing accident in Beaver Creek (Colorado), in 1989.

Last edited:
She was officially engaged to Prince Alfonso de Borbón. She talks about their romance in the edition 3,398 (September 16, 2009) of HOLA magazine. She have three daughters. One of the girls was adopted. She lives in a castle of Austria. You can check the magazine at Zinio.com

What tiara did Archduchess Constanza wear?

Back
Top Bottom