Archduchess Catharina of Austria and Count Massimiliano Secco d'Aragona 1999

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Josefine said:
who is the bride
Here’s the information provided in
Montgomery-Massingberd, Hugh (ed.), Burke's Royal Families of the World, Vol. I, London, Europe & Latin America, 1977, p. 32:

Catharina-Maria Johanna Zita Sophie Caspara, Erzherzögin von Österreich, is the daughter of Archduke Rudolf Syringus Erzherzog von Österreich and his second wife, Anna Gabriele, Prinzessin von Wrede. She was born a member of the House of Habsburg-Lorraine, on September 14th 1972, in Weissenburg (Bayern, Germany).

A larger version of the Hola's photo already posted by mtbcm:

Photo hosting: ImageShack
http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/4138/catharina8ia.jpg

Last edited:
She is such a pretty, sympathic woman, a pity that todays crownprinces let her of the hook so easily ;)

I agree! I'm glad she's a close friend of Philippe & Mathilde of Belgium. She would've been a great princess for any country - and so pretty!

Can anyone answer this question for me please?

Is this the same Catherine who was the little flower girls at the wedding of Princess Alexandra of Kent and Angus Olylvy? She was a real scene stealer at the wedding.

Scott

She is a lovely looking woman. What a beautiful wedding and I loved her hair and the tiara style together.

Scott said:
Is this the same Catherine who was the little flower girls at the wedding of Princess Alexandra of Kent and Angus Olylvy? She was a real scene stealer at the wedding. Scott
Archduchess Catherina was born in 1972; Alex and Angus were married in 1963.

Marengo said:
She is such a pretty, sympathic woman, a pity that todays crownprinces let her of the hook so easily ;)
The Spanish press tried to match her with Prince Felipe, when she was studying in Madrid... Many people (including me, at the time) were willing to see that happen, but they were not soul mates, after all.

Anyway, both are very happy with their respective partners and that is what counts
.:)

I was actually having that rumour in mind, Elsa. In fact, I was looking forward to it as well (though Maria-Carolina of Parma and Tatiana of Liechtenstein were higher on my list ;) )

Many princesses passed for Spain and belonged related to the Prince. The whole world wanted to marry him. The own Catharina was laughing recently at the topic, and was commenting that there was a moment in which the princesses were sharing flat and were joking with the matter.
The press that one bores very much and they have to invent news.:p :p

Warren said:
Archduchess Catherina was born in 1972; Alex and Angus were married in 1963.

Thank you Warren.

I don't suppose by any chance you would know which little Archduchess was the flower girl.? She was a real cutie and I remember thinking at the time it seemed such a BIG title for such a LITTLE girl :)

Regards

Scott

On the 9th of January 1999 archduchess Catharina of Austria married Massimiliano Secco d'Aragona in Gent (Belgium).

the couple met at the wedding of Catharina's cousin Isabelle.

Her dress was designed by Armani. Her veil was a family piece that dated from the 18th century.

from point de vue

Catharina with queen Fabiola of the Belgians

Because the groom is Italian, icecream was available when the couple and the guests left church ...

grandduchess Joséphine-Charlotte and grandduke Jean of Luxemburg

archduke Otto of Austria, head of the family

princess Astrid and prince Lorenz of Belgium

A little correction: Catharina's gown for the ball wasn't designed by Gerald Watelet, but by Pierre Gauthier, another Belgian designer.

prince Jean of France dances a sevillana with princess Victoria de Borbón.

princess Victoria de Borbón, prince Philippe of Belgium and archduchess Catharina of Austria

prince Philippe of Belgium dances flamenco with countess Marie von Moÿ

Oh, thank you so much, Cathérine!
I love, love the Archduchess' gown (and I thought I had already seen all the possible photos of this wedding...)!

Not that I'm trying to start anything but Catharina and Felipe are sitting awfully close to each other at the reception! If you didn't know any better, you'd think Felipe was her groom!:rolleyes:

I remember that every young lady that was aristocratic went to Spain to "study", Catharina included. I wonder why they didn't work out, She is a virgo like Letizia (and me). Someone once told me that virgos and cappricorns, which is Felipe, make good love matches.
I know they're both happy now, but I'm surprised there was no gossip about that photo.

BTW, where was Matilde? Did no one know they were seeing each other?

Mathilde wasn't seen publicly (or even privately often) with Philippe until her engagement that September.

Wonderful photos of a beautiful wedding and couple. Is that a Spanish "tuna" singing to them -- referring to her time in Spain?

Emily said:
Wonderful photos of a beautiful wedding and couple. Is that a Spanish "tuna" singing to them -- referring to her time in Spain?
It seems to be a group of Sevillanas...
She has a special tenderness towards Spain and I think that feeling is reciprocal.;)

Princess Astrid looked great that day. With that kind of clothes she looked a lot like her beloved grandmother Queen Astrid.

The dress of Xenia Galitzia (who married in September) is identical to hers. Maybe a family tradition?

I believe that the Archducess loaned it to her.

Last edited:
The dress is very pretty. Perhaps they both have the same good taste.

I would have loved this gown if not for the fur cuffs. It ruined the look for me. Nevertheless, the rest of the dress is very beautiful and regal. It reminds me of Mathilde's wedding dress. However, I don't like the dress underneath.

Back
Top Bottom