The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Nobility

Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, and Martin Jørgensen March 3, 2007

Welcome to the thread celebrating the wedding of Princess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen March 3, 2007

It is important to follow the Forum Rules & Guidelines linked below, paying special attention to rules for attachments and photos.
Please also be respectful of the opinions of others, especially when differing opinions occur. Happy posting!

Old 02-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Please note that this thread is to discuss the wedding. Posts about Alexandra's relationship with Martin and with the royal family belong in this thread in the Danish forum.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wish the Countess [as that will be her title after marriage] and Martin many happy years together.

I wonder what kind of dress she'll wear? She probably won't go for a white or off-white dress, seeing as this is the second wedding. Maybe she'll do something in a bright color. I know a couple second-time brides who wore pinks and purples in their dresses.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Serene Highness

Camilla wore white though, and it looked terrific and appropriate.

What I wonder is: will we be able to get pictures of the happy couple? Or will it be completely hush hush?
Old 02-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I wish the Countess [as that will be her title after marriage] and Martin many happy years together.

I wonder what kind of dress she'll wear? She probably won't go for a white or off-white dress, seeing as this is the second wedding. Maybe she'll do something in a bright color. I know a couple second-time brides who wore pinks and purples in their dresses.
I predict alexandra will go for pale blue. she must like that color as she wears it often and its well suited to this sort of occassion: pretty and feminine but also understated and dignified.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
What I wonder is: will we be able to get pictures of the happy couple? Or will it be completely hush hush?
I think we'll only get a few photos, not many, and they will only be from, for example, entering/leaving church

Can't wait to see her dress!
Old 02-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
Camilla wore white though, and it looked terrific and appropriate.

I thought Camilla's civil ceremony dress was cream/beige (but that could be the photography). I think Alexandra will observe traditional etiquette and wear non-white dress. I'm guessing she'll go for something jewel toned; she seems to like those.

On a different note, I know that more women are doing the whole white gown-veil thing for second weddings. I was wondering if that was more of an American trend, or if remarrying women are doing it as frequently elsewhere as well.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
On a different note, I know that more women are doing the whole white gown-veil thing for second weddings. I was wondering if that was more of an American trend, or if remarrying women are doing it as frequently elsewhere as well.

Just speaking about someone I know, my friend's first marriage was not done in a church, and she wore a regular party dress. When she got married the 2nd time, she wanted the church wedding, with the veil and the white dress and all that because she didn't have it before. I think that might be the reasoning other women use.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-19-2007, 01:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
I predict alexandra will go for pale blue. she must like that color as she wears it often and its well suited to this sort of occassion: pretty and feminine but also understated and dignified.
I agree; I think it will be ice blue. If not, maybe silver or gold or cream, but I don't think bright colors look very suitable for a wedding. I definitely don't think she will wear white; she had a really big wedding the first time around, so to do it again would seem silly.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:01 AM
Heir Apparent

i dont know if Princess Alexandra will chose nice colour for their wedding outfits not advices from members let Princess Alexander chose what she wanted it we have wait surprise what she wores.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:59 AM
Royal Highness

Is this going to be a religious ceremony or civil? I'm hoping for civil only, like Princess Caroline when she married Prince Ernst of Hanover. And why the rush? I've been on vacation for two weeks, but it seems like such a short timespan between the announcement and the ceremony?
Old 02-19-2007, 06:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
And why the rush? I've been on vacation for two weeks, but it seems like such a short timespan between the announcement and the ceremony?
Well, there is speculation that Alexandra is pregnant...I personnally don't think it. Maybe her ex-husband also wants to remarry, hence that so quick wedding.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
Is this going to be a religious ceremony or civil? I'm hoping for civil only, like Princess Caroline when she married Prince Ernst of Hanover. And why the rush? I've been on vacation for two weeks, but it seems like such a short timespan between the announcement and the ceremony?
It is going to be a church wedding there are pictures of the church and recption site posted I beleive.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Aristocracy

alexandra will not be a princess other the 3rd of march.
she will be a countess.
billie-jo
Old 02-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz
I think we'll only get a few photos, not many, and they will only be from, for example, entering/leaving church
you're probably right on that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz
Can't wait to see her dress!
Me neither! It's a chance for her to right a wrong: that poufy merengue she wore that did nothing for her tiny frame her first time down the isle. Not to mention that awful afro 'do she wore back then! Hope she learned a lesson.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
I thought Camilla's civil ceremony dress was cream/beige (but that could be the photography). I think Alexandra will observe traditional etiquette and wear non-white dress. I'm guessing she'll go for something jewel toned; she seems to like those.

OMG let's hope she doesn't go for the whole veil thingie, that would be tacky and awful in this case.
I hope she does the right thing, just putting her hair into a sophisticated chignon for example with either a few flowers in it or jewels like Sissi of Austria did with the stars in the hair. I hope whatever she does it will be understated sophistication. No veils please!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:35 AM
Royal Highness

What would you think if she wore the tiara for her second wedding as well? I think she got to keep it after her divorce.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
What would you think if she wore the tiara for her second wedding as well? I think she got to keep it after her divorce.
Good for her, wearing a tiara on you weddingday doesn't have to say "Princess."
Old 02-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
i'm sure she wont. she has good taste. the event probably be fairly low key so a tiara would be out of place and moreover, its not just any tiara. its the one she wore to her first wedding. i dont think any bride would want to rewear something from their first wedding for their second.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
moreover, its not just any tiara. its the one she wore to her first wedding. i dont think any bride would want to rewear something from their first wedding for their second.
A very good point!!