Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, and Martin Jørgensen March 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ysbel said:
From afar, Martin looks like Joachim. I thought someone said she didn't wear a tiara? From the pictures it looks like she did.
It's flowers in her hair, or some sort of accessory decorated with flowers.

As for the guests - Alexandra's parents, and family. Martin's parents and family. And their friends.

The church could take 90 people, and 30 extra would be coming to the party afterwards.

Alexandra has kept her circle of friends from when she was married to Joachim, and Martin has been incorporated into that, according to one of the friends in the circle (It was at his wedding Alex and Martin appeared in public together for the first time.).

dbarn67 said:
Loved the dress and her beautiful necklace. The veil was not my taste. The hair without the veil would have best imho.

I agree. The veil for the wedding was a bit much, but then again Jennifer Lopez wore a veil for all three of her weddings. Also she was wearing the diamond and pearl interchangable necklace that Joachim gave her when they were married.

Yes, she looks happy but having said that and at the risk of raising the ire of some Alexandra fans, she also looks like she has aged somewhat. Just think Martin was only 15 when she married Joachim!

Congratualtions Alexandra and Martin :flowers: .
She looks beautiful and happy! Thanks for pictures.
Article with pictures from Hola.

Last edited:
alexandra look absolutly beautiful!!!!!
the drees is so so so so nice!
I hope this time she can be happy and have another baby, especially a girl!

Alex looks very happy. So I'm happy. I wish her much success with this marriage.

My only critique of Alex is her high updo. I agree that it would look best without the veil or a slightly lower chignon. The dress and flowers in her hair look lovely.

As far as the veil being a sign of purity, well, are all brides who wear a veil virgins? Probably not. Besides, it's her day and she should look the way she wanted to look.

Alexandra looked better now than she did during her first wedding. And if she wanted to wear a veil, big deal. A royal wedding is a painstaking affair and while I'm sure she had input, it probably wasn't much. This wedding she got to plan her way and she looked gorgeous. It was Martin's first wedding, so perhaps she wanted to not look like a second-time bride for him. Frankly, it's all so romantic.

While the dress is sleeveless, it looks like the beadwork and embroidery is in a snowflake pattern- nice touch for a winter wedding!

One wonders how much freedom a royal bride has on choosing her wedding details- maybe this time around, Alexandra was able to choose everything that she wanted.

azile said:
While the dress is sleeveless, it looks like the beadwork and embroidery is in a snowflake pattern- nice touch for a winter wedding!

One wonders how much freedom a royal bride has on choosing her wedding details- maybe this time around, Alexandra was able to choose everything that she wanted.

I totally agree! When was the last time you saw a royal bride wearing a sleeveless dress and showing a little bit of cleveage (although it was not offensive by any means).

Sister Morphine said:
Alexandra looked better now than she did during her first wedding.

Really?

See this picture (click twice to blow it up to fullscreen)

:flowers:

Yes, really. I wasn't a fan of that look at all...not the hair, not the veil, not the dress. Hence why I said, she looked better now.

norwegianne said:
It's flowers in her hair, or some sort of accessory decorated with flowers.

According to TV2 it's snowdrops - the first flowers to appear in the danish late winther/early spring...

I think what is consistent is the high pinned up hair. Its not my favorite look but it must be Alexandra's.

PrincessDianafan said:
Also she was wearing the diamond and pearl interchangable necklace that Joachim gave her when they were married.

Strange choice of jewels for a second wedding to wear the ex-husbands gifts... What about something from Martin or her father and mother..?

she look so beautiful and happy, and Nikolai and Felix are so cute.

She might have been partial to that necklace and it might have worked well with the overall look she was going for.

Sincerely, the dress is not so bad, but I expected a mor elegant choice from Alexandra, who is usually so stylish. She also wear too much make up and it is too clear for her skin, it makes her look older. About the veil, you can't compare Jennifer Lopez, who is a Hollywood artist, with Alexandra, a former European Princess, but it is all right.
The groom is really very good-looking.

I can't believe she did the wedding veil thing!!!!

Sophus said:
Strange choice of jewels for a second wedding to wear the ex-husbands gifts... What about something from Martin or her father and mother..?

Martin is just a technician and is not likely to have the financial means of his new spouse.

Henri M. said:
Martin is just a technician and is not likely to have the financial means of his new spouse.

So? That doesn't mean anything. He could buy her a necklace that costs $10, but if it comes from the heart, she'll treasure it as much as any jewel Joachim gave her. His financial status is not an issue.

she looks delicious. i wish them the evry best. nice gesture to go up the alter with her two little men!

Countess Alexandra and Martin look completely happy and in love.

Personally speaking, I think her dress looks fantastic, and with her body: she is wearing the dress, the dress is not wearing her. I really hope I look that good when I'm her age. The off white, beaded champange colored gown looked amazing, and the veil compliments the ensemble. Does it really matter, in this day and age, whether a second time bride wears white and a veil? I don't believe so, in fact, it is quite the norm for many modern brides.

Futhermore, her jewels, whether they were indeed a gift from her ex-husband or not, are her private jewels. Essentially, she can wear and do anything she pleases.

GlitteringTiaras said:
Futhermore, her jewels, whether they were indeed a gift from her ex-husband or not, are her private jewels. Essentially, she can wear and do anything she pleases.

Besides, they look great and complement the dress perfectly.
Whether the veil and the colour were appropriate or not - I wish her and her family the best of luck for this second marriage. :flowers:

Congratulations Princess
Is Mary and Frederik attended?

Sophus said:

Maybe she's sending the message that she's still held in favour by the royal family and hasn't completely cut ties with them.That necklace is such a reliable old standby that it isn't really surprising.

The dress is beauty for Alexandra. She looks very happy. The photos are great ! :) And the boys...

She looks gorgeous, vey happy and her gown is fabulous. I wish them long & happy life together.

I really didn't think Alexandra looked as glamorous as she has done in the passed. Yes it was her new husband's first time but he was marrying someone who had been down the aisle before so that is irrelevant. I just thought she would wear a more sophisticated and not an actual bridal gown with veil the works.The makeup was a bit ott .....I am disappointed in the look but remember only IMO.

Sister Morphine said:
Alexandra looked better now than she did during her first wedding. And if she wanted to wear a veil, big deal.
Somehow the dress itself doesn't surprise me at all, it's exactly what I expected, it looks like a dress she wore while married to Joachim, a couple of years back.

But that veil! Looks just weird on a woman her age, sorry. Overall though she looked gorgeous and yes, way better than for her first time down the isle.

Back
Top Bottom