Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, and Martin Jørgensen March 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azile

Nobility
City
Vancouver
Country
Canada
[FONT=&quot]Welcome to the thread celebrating the wedding of Princess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen March 3, 2007[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] It is important to follow the Forum Rules & Guidelines linked below, paying special attention to rules for attachments and photos. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please also be respectful of the opinions of others, especially when differing opinions occur. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Happy posting![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Last edited:
Please note that this thread is to discuss the wedding. Posts about Alexandra's relationship with Martin and with the royal family belong in this thread in the Danish forum.

I wish the Countess [as that will be her title after marriage] and Martin many happy years together.

I wonder what kind of dress she'll wear? She probably won't go for a white or off-white dress, seeing as this is the second wedding. Maybe she'll do something in a bright color. I know a couple second-time brides who wore pinks and purples in their dresses.

Camilla wore white though, and it looked terrific and appropriate.

What I wonder is: will we be able to get pictures of the happy couple? Or will it be completely hush hush?

Sister Morphine said:
I wish the Countess [as that will be her title after marriage] and Martin many happy years together.

I wonder what kind of dress she'll wear? She probably won't go for a white or off-white dress, seeing as this is the second wedding. Maybe she'll do something in a bright color. I know a couple second-time brides who wore pinks and purples in their dresses.

I predict alexandra will go for pale blue. she must like that color as she wears it often and its well suited to this sort of occassion: pretty and feminine but also understated and dignified.

princess olga said:
What I wonder is: will we be able to get pictures of the happy couple? Or will it be completely hush hush?

I think we'll only get a few photos, not many, and they will only be from, for example, entering/leaving church

Can't wait to see her dress! :)

princess olga said:
Camilla wore white though, and it looked terrific and appropriate.

I thought Camilla's civil ceremony dress was cream/beige (but that could be the photography). I think Alexandra will observe traditional etiquette and wear non-white dress. I'm guessing she'll go for something jewel toned; she seems to like those.

On a different note, I know that more women are doing the whole white gown-veil thing for second weddings. I was wondering if that was more of an American trend, or if remarrying women are doing it as frequently elsewhere as well.

EmpressRouge said:
On a different note, I know that more women are doing the whole white gown-veil thing for second weddings. I was wondering if that was more of an American trend, or if remarrying women are doing it as frequently elsewhere as well.

Just speaking about someone I know, my friend's first marriage was not done in a church, and she wore a regular party dress. When she got married the 2nd time, she wanted the church wedding, with the veil and the white dress and all that because she didn't have it before. I think that might be the reasoning other women use.

pollyemma said:
I predict alexandra will go for pale blue. she must like that color as she wears it often and its well suited to this sort of occassion: pretty and feminine but also understated and dignified.

I agree; I think it will be ice blue. If not, maybe silver or gold or cream, but I don't think bright colors look very suitable for a wedding. I definitely don't think she will wear white; she had a really big wedding the first time around, so to do it again would seem silly.

i dont know if Princess Alexandra will chose nice colour for their wedding outfits not advices from members let Princess Alexander chose what she wanted it we have wait surprise what she wores.

Is this going to be a religious ceremony or civil? I'm hoping for civil only, like Princess Caroline when she married Prince Ernst of Hanover. And why the rush? I've been on vacation for two weeks, but it seems like such a short timespan between the announcement and the ceremony?

And why the rush? I've been on vacation for two weeks, but it seems like such a short timespan between the announcement and the ceremony?
Well, there is speculation that Alexandra is pregnant...I personnally don't think it. Maybe her ex-husband also wants to remarry, hence that so quick wedding.

RubyPrincess168 said:
Is this going to be a religious ceremony or civil? I'm hoping for civil only, like Princess Caroline when she married Prince Ernst of Hanover. And why the rush? I've been on vacation for two weeks, but it seems like such a short timespan between the announcement and the ceremony?

It is going to be a church wedding there are pictures of the church and recption site posted I beleive.

alexandra will not be a princess other the 3rd of march.
she will be a countess.
billie-jo

JessRulz said:
I think we'll only get a few photos, not many, and they will only be from, for example, entering/leaving church
you're probably right on that one

JessRulz said:
Can't wait to see her dress! :)
Me neither! It's a chance for her to right a wrong: that poufy merengue she wore that did nothing for her tiny frame her first time down the isle. Not to mention that awful afro 'do she wore back then! Hope she learned a lesson.

EmpressRouge said:
I thought Camilla's civil ceremony dress was cream/beige (but that could be the photography). I think Alexandra will observe traditional etiquette and wear non-white dress. I'm guessing she'll go for something jewel toned; she seems to like those.

OMG let's hope she doesn't go for the whole veil thingie, that would be tacky and awful in this case.
I hope she does the right thing, just putting her hair into a sophisticated chignon for example with either a few flowers in it or jewels like Sissi of Austria did with the stars in the hair. I hope whatever she does it will be understated sophistication. No veils please!

What would you think if she wore the tiara for her second wedding as well? I think she got to keep it after her divorce.

RubyPrincess168 said:
What would you think if she wore the tiara for her second wedding as well? I think she got to keep it after her divorce.

Good for her, wearing a tiara on you weddingday doesn't have to say "Princess."

RubyPrincess168 said:

i'm sure she wont. she has good taste. the event probably be fairly low key so a tiara would be out of place and moreover, its not just any tiara. its the one she wore to her first wedding. i dont think any bride would want to rewear something from their first wedding for their second.

pollyemma said:
moreover, its not just any tiara. its the one she wore to her first wedding. i dont think any bride would want to rewear something from their first wedding for their second.

A very good point!!

Let's please wait with guessing and speculation- it could go on forever. In a few days we will be able to see the real event!

Azile

Last edited:
I'll change the name of the thread on Saturday to reflect Alexandra's title change. Until then, she's still a Princess!

Thanks for pointing this out.

RubyPrincess168 said:

I don't think she'd wear the tiara she wore when she married her ex-husband. Most 2nd-time brides find it unlucky to wear anything you wore at your first wedding, even the stockings!

but im sure Princess Alexandria cant using tiara when she getting married to Martin without permission by Her Majesty the Queen Marthages if she says ok or not we have wait and see because she divorces and no titles

sara1981 said:
but im sure Princess Alexandria cant using tiara when she getting married to Martin without permission by Her Majesty the Queen Marthages if she says ok or not we have wait and see because she divorces and no titles

If that is her personal jewelry, she can wear it no matter what the Queen says. If it is crown property, that's different. Her divorce doesn't change that.

Danish TV2 will do a transmission on the day. They probably won't be allowed inside the church, but will be doing something outside. DR is also pondering about what they want to do.

Sister Morphine said:
If that is her personal jewelry, she can wear it no matter what the Queen says. If it is crown property, that's different. Her divorce doesn't change that.

its her personal property so she can wear it whenever she wishes. she will probably just wear it once or twice a year when she's invited to royal gala events.

The tiara discussion (whether or not she will or can wear it) has gone on long enough.

We only have a couple of days left....so let's try to be patient. I am sure Alexandra will look lovely:flowers:

What time is the wedding taking place?

How will her sons be involved, if they are involved in the wedding?

Back
Top Bottom