The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Nobility

Wink

The bride was beautiful and I loved her dress. This was her second wedding but Martin's first so I think she went with a traditional bridal look in champagne for that reason.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav
Geez, I think it's a bit much for a 40-something bride to wear a veil. Sorry! She has always shown such class ... I think she missed the mark this time. If I was Alexandra (or her designer) I probably would have taken a page from the book of the Duchess of Cornwall ... you could still be the best dressed girl at the dance without all the fuss. I'm disappointed ... but wish her the best.
Oh goodness, don't get me started on the Duchess of Cornwall. I still don't believe they should have been rewarded with marriage.

Anyway, Alexandra looks so happy! Her son's giving her away was a nice touch, a bit of symbolism there too which is sweet. Loved her dress and hair; actually I think I prefer it to what she wore on her first wedding. I can't wait to see more pictures, especially with her new husband. Much congratulations for the Countess, I hope she finds lasting happiness with Martin.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Congratulations to Alexandra and Martin- may you have many years of happiness and love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophus
I'm a bit confused about this - the picture of Alexandra kissing another than her prince---but to me she will always be the young mystic woman who brought sunshine, fashion, self-assurance and modern times to the Danish Royal Family... She led the way for Mary and she made the royal stories to the frontpages once again in Denmark...

I wish Martin and Alexandra the best of luck.

And to Alexandra: THANK YOU
Don't worry Sophus-she always will be that pretty girl from Hong Kong that took Denmark by storm, sweeping the front pages and sweeping into their hearts. I'm sure she won't disapeer completely-we'll see a lot more from her.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congrats to Alexandra. She lookes soo happy and beautiful. I think she's still considered a Princess to her many fans.
Heir Apparent

"It's lovely to be married. And it's going to be lovely to have some peace and quiet." - Alexandra.

Another intrigueing comment from her outside the church regarding if the couple will be havin children: "Who knows."

B.T. online avis nyheder, politik, sport, underholdning
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne

I'm inclined to think that Alexandra had a limited input on her first wedding - a royal wedding has certain boundaries, and so she's "making" up for that this time around.
I was thinking the same thing.
I do like her dress & I can't stop gushing over the two boys & their outfits. So cute.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Oh wow! Alexandra looked amazing! What a beautiful bride and stunning dress!
It's still strange seeing Alex kissing another man then Joachim.. but I think they are a very cute couple!
Congratulations to them!

Btw, it is extremely cute that her boys were walking with her. They are mummy's "Big Boys!"

Old 03-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Courtier

What a amazing weddingdress I love it
Old 03-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Administrator

She looked radiant...and her comments are very telling IMO.

Most likely you will see Alexandra at certain charity events, and in her course of an "ordinary" day with her sons...but she is moving on and out of the public spotlight.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Royal Highness

From ANP (Netherlands press agency)

DANISH PRINCESS CONTINUES AS A COUNTESS

COPENHAGEN - The former spouse of Prince Joachim of Denmark, Alexandra, has married the Danish technician Martin Jørgensen, two years after her divorce.

The couple married in a church adjacent to the estate Jomfruens Egede in southern Sjælland. With this, the Hong Kong-born Alexandra no longer is a Princess. Except a new spouse, she now also will keep her annual state-allowance of € 300.000,-- (appr. $ 390,000.--) and she will continue as 'Countess of Frederiksborg'.

Alexandra married Prince Joachim of Denmark in 1995 and has two children from that marriage: Prince Nikolai (7) and Prince Felix (4) who will live with their mother and stepfather.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Serene Highness

thanks for the links, she looks radiant and it's lovely the boy gave her away. i wish them all the love and happiness that is shining in their faces today.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Courtier

Countess Alexandra was really pretty for this second wedding.
Here are some photos:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 03-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Serene Highness

congratulations to the new couple ...how old is the groom?
Old 03-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

http://www.canarias7.es/fotos/o/0703/48397-1g.jpg

http://cache.aftenposten.no/multimed...br_522579s.jpg

http://cache.aftenposten.no/multimed..._j_522548r.jpg
We lost a great princess
Old 03-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Gentry

Which guests attended?
Old 03-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Nobility

beatiful pictures, i never thougt Alexandra married in withe dress !!!
Old 03-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Gentry

She looked stunning but i am quite suprised at her choice of outfit, although it is true that she mightn't have got much input in her previos one - imo a different colour may have been more suitable. At the end of the day it was her and Martin's wedding though and it's only right they should do it so that it is perfect and special for them.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

From afar, Martin looks like Joachim. I thought someone said she didn't wear a tiara? From the pictures it looks like she did.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Loved the dress and her beautiful necklace. The veil was not my taste. The hair without the veil would have best imho.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Royal Highness

90 guests in church / 30 guests for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose1991
Which guests attended?
There are 90 invited guests (family and friends) at church and 30 invited guests at dinner.

Source: Berlingske Tidende (a leading Danish newspaper)