Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, and Martin Jørgensen March 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She looks beautiful! And look at Nikolai and Felix...how adorable.

UserDane said:
I had not expected to see her look like a first time bride.

Well..its her day. She can look like anything she wants.

Maybe its just me...but I don't see anything wrong with what she is wearing. One of my best friends married a guy who was on his 2nd wedding. Now when we (yeah, I said we :ROFLMAO: ) where discussing the wedding, he mentioned that he didn't want a big time wedding (he had already had one). I said...no offense_____...but just because you have already been married before there is no reason why ______ shouldn't get the wedding she wants. Basically they compromised.

Maybe Martin wanted to see his bride look like a bride? She is wearing what appears to be a beautiful white (maybe ivory) dress...and yes, she has a veil. I think she looks great and so happy! We haven't seen her smile like that in a while. I will miss Alexandra but I wish her much success and happiness in her new private life.

UserDane said:
I had not expected to see her look like a first time bride.

Its all too common today unfortunately. That sort of dressing used to be reserved for first time brides, as a symbol of purity. In this day and age, it seems to be common (in all senses of the word) to dress in that manner no matter how many times one has been down the aisle.

She looks beautiful, but I'm disappointed that she didn't show more respect for tradition. The boys, as always, are adorable!

I wish the happy couple and the newly-blended family much happiness.

I thought she would wear a short dress - and NOT a veil! The veil is a symbol of purity and virginity something I guess not Alexandra match with a broken marriage and two children...

Anyway - I like the small flowers in her hair - it looks very Chinese...

I know she is now 'only' a countess but to me she will always be the perfect princess...

I wish her all luck!

:flowers:

Any information on the guests?

Danielane said:
Thanks Norwegianne!
She looks beautiful, but I am a bit astonished by the dress. Maybe I am oldfashioned, but I would have thought that she wouldn't have a second wedding in white.
It's not white white - to put it like that. Champagne. (That way the slight brown of the boys' suits match the dress discretely. :flowers:

I'm inclined to think that Alexandra had a limited input on her first wedding - a royal wedding has certain boundaries, and so she's "making" up for that this time around.

Zonk said:
Well..its her day. She can look like anything she wants.

Maybe its just me...but I don't see anything wrong with what she is wearing.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it - it's her choice as you said. I had just guessed that she would opt for another look.:)

norwegianne said:
It's not white white - to put it like that. Champagne. (That way the slight brown of the boys' suits match the dress discretely. :flowers:

I'm inclined to think that Alexandra had a limited input on her first wedding - a royal wedding has certain boundaries, and so she's "making" up for that this time around.

I have had another look at the dress. It's not white-white, I agree.

'though, I find her beautiful.

norwegianne said:
I cannot imagine any royal bride for the past 20 years or more not having a major say in e.g. their own wedding dress. The design of Alexandra's first wedding dress (the collar) was even interpreted as a bow to her Chinese rots - I would think that must have been her own wish.

wymanda said:
IMO she should return it to the Queen. She is no longer a princess, no longer a member of the Royal Family and, as the tiara is an heirloom piece, it belongs back in the royal vaults.

Why should she?
She can pass the tiara to Nikolai or Felix. (Or their future wives)

Geez, I think it's a bit much for a 40-something bride to wear a veil. Sorry! She has always shown such class ... I think she missed the mark this time. If I was Alexandra (or her designer) I probably would have taken a page from the book of the Duchess of Cornwall ... you could still be the best dressed girl at the dance without all the fuss. I'm disappointed ... but wish her the best.

well, here is the first Avatar from this event. I'll do more later.

alexandrawedding1bt9.jpg

And the minister have exited the church: Princess Alexandra is now Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, and married to Martin Jørgensen.

They exited the church, and went over to the photographers, who had been standing outside all day, so that they could get their pictures.

And they kissed...:wub:

"Det er dejlig at være gift" - Alexandra. (It's lovely to be married.)

The press sang a wedding song for them. :wub:

She looked SO beautiful ! :wub:

I wish her all the best :flowers: :flowers:

Danielane said:
Thanks Norwegianne!
She looks beautiful, but I am a bit astonished by the dress. Maybe I am oldfashioned, but I would have thought that she wouldn't have a second wedding in white.

The dress is not "white".
It has a slightly gold (or brown) tone.

The thing that really stands out to me is how happy she looks! And that makes me happy for her. And she looked really beautiful too. Great dress and great hair accessories. Congrats to them.

Heike said:
The dress is not "white".
It has a slightly gold (or brown) tone.

It is champagne. If you live in the US, think of the color of most beige-y gold cars, and that would be most like it. When PPE or the other photo agencies post good pics, we'll see the colors better.

suztav said:
Geez, I think it's a bit much for a 40-something bride to wear a veil. Sorry! She has always shown such class ... I think she missed the mark this time. If I was Alexandra (or her designer) I probably would have taken a page from the book of the Duchess of Cornwall ... you could still be the best dressed girl at the dance without all the fuss. I'm disappointed ... but wish her the best.

Why must she be aware of her age?
She looks much younger than many 30-something women.
She has such a good figure!
Although I don´t like the looking of her veil, I don´t consider age a good reason to say that she shouldn´t wear a veil.

A sleeveless dress in early March in Denmark? Does she have antifreeze in her veins or something?

Sophus said:
Anyway - I like the small flowers in her hair - it looks very Chinese...

:flowers:

I agree. She looks very Chinese. I think it´s because of her hair-do.

Elspeth said:
A sleeveless dress in early March in Denmark? Does she have antifreeze in her veins or something?

I am also curious about this, Elspeth.
I saw the pictures of the guests, many women also wear sleeveless gowns.
But anyway we had an extremely warm winter in Europe this year. Very weird.

Elspeth said:

Its the nature of woman to suffer in the name of fashion?!:lol:

Well, it's just that after the birthday celebrations in Norway the other day, where they were all dressed like Michelin Men, I sort of thought that it was cold in Scandinavia. Perhaps Denmark is that much farther south that the weather is milder there.

Back
Top Bottom