The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Nobility

Let's please wait with guessing and speculation- it could go on forever. In a few days we will be able to see the real event!

Azile

Old 02-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Nobility

I'll change the name of the thread on Saturday to reflect Alexandra's title change. Until then, she's still a Princess!

Thanks for pointing this out.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
What would you think if she wore the tiara for her second wedding as well? I think she got to keep it after her divorce.

I don't think she'd wear the tiara she wore when she married her ex-husband. Most 2nd-time brides find it unlucky to wear anything you wore at your first wedding, even the stockings!
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-22-2007, 12:22 AM
Heir Apparent

but im sure Princess Alexandria cant using tiara when she getting married to Martin without permission by Her Majesty the Queen Marthages if she says ok or not we have wait and see because she divorces and no titles
Old 02-22-2007, 02:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
but im sure Princess Alexandria cant using tiara when she getting married to Martin without permission by Her Majesty the Queen Marthages if she says ok or not we have wait and see because she divorces and no titles

If that is her personal jewelry, she can wear it no matter what the Queen says. If it is crown property, that's different. Her divorce doesn't change that.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Danish TV2 will do a transmission on the day. They probably won't be allowed inside the church, but will be doing something outside. DR is also pondering about what they want to do.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
If that is her personal jewelry, she can wear it no matter what the Queen says. If it is crown property, that's different. Her divorce doesn't change that.
its her personal property so she can wear it whenever she wishes. she will probably just wear it once or twice a year when she's invited to royal gala events.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Administrator

The tiara discussion (whether or not she will or can wear it) has gone on long enough.

We only have a couple of days left....so let's try to be patient. I am sure Alexandra will look lovely
Old 02-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Nobility

What time is the wedding taking place?
Old 02-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Aristocracy

How will her sons be involved, if they are involved in the wedding?
Old 02-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPlusBelle
How will her sons be involved, if they are involved in the wedding?
Page boys maybe? Nikolai & Felix would look so adorable in little suits!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone knows if Frederik and mary are invited? and is Marie invited as well?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:30 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Does anyone knows if Frederik and mary are invited? and is Marie invited as well?
I don't know whether F&M were invited, but they aren't attending the wedding, as Fred will be in the Galapagos Islands with the Galathea expedition from the day of the wedding.

As for Marie, time will tell if she and Joachim attend
Old 02-27-2007, 03:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz
I don't know whether F&M were invited, but they aren't attending the wedding, as Fred will be in the Galapagos Islands with the Galathea expedition from the day of the wedding.

As for Marie, time will tell if she and Joachim attend
I hope Marie comes, I don't think Joachim will be going on his own

I'm waiting for that pic of Martin/Alex/Joachim together, a true Ashton/Demi/Bruce moment
Old 03-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Courtier

i'm excited to see what her wedding dress will look like!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza
i'm excited to see what her wedding dress will look like!!!
Billed Bladet and B.T reports that it is champagne-coloured.

The wedding will take place this Saturday at four o'clock. The Media won't be allowed inside the church - so no transmission from inside.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:17 AM

Champagne? And no black hem, I'm impressed.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Serene Highness

There were reports that Marie and Joachim were invited. As far as the tiara, although it's her property, it would be very tacky to wear it on her wedding day since a. it was acquired from her previous marriage and b. since she will no longer be a princess. Now, I know that regular women wear tiaras all the time and it's no big deal but for a woman who was a princess but is being demoted (somewhat) I don't think she would wear it. If Alex wanted to hold onto her status as a princess she wouldn't be marrying Martin. I think she's ready to move on.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 03-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
There were reports that Marie and Joachim were invited. As far as the tiara, although it's her property, it would be very tacky to wear it on her wedding day since a. it was acquired from her previous marriage and b. since she will no longer be a princess. Now, I know that regular women wear tiaras all the time and it's no big deal but for a woman who was a princess but is being demoted (somewhat) I don't think she would wear it. If Alex wanted to hold onto her status as a princess she wouldn't be marrying Martin. I think she's ready to move on.
I wouldn't have objections to Alexandra wearing a tiara at her wedding to Martin. I think it would be bad luck to wear the tiara that Joachim gave her for their first wedding. I would think she would want to wear tokens for a successful marriage.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it would be in bad taste to wear the tiara which was given to her by way of her first marriage, whether (now) her own personal property or not