The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know where they are honeymooning?

Old 03-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Aristocracy

GOSH!

In the new edition of Billed Bladet I have just seen a large picture of the engagement ring with a big square-cut diamond. How is it possible that Martin has paid for that?

Old 03-09-2007, 03:37 PM

I love Alexandra's dress, and she looks so happy. Her little boys are so precious.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Courtier

Happy, happy, happy

Can we stop that endless talking about her looking happy. She´s only a few days married for heaven´s sake!
If she still looks happy, lets say in four years, then that´s a possibility....
Old 03-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Can we stop that endless talking about her looking happy. She´s only a few days married for heaven´s sake!
Why is talk of Alexandra looking happy so distasteful to you? Would you rather she and Martin looked totally disgusted with each other?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
That's what people see right now. If 4 years down the road they are less happy, we can have another thread .
Old 03-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Nobility

I think it would be far more alarming if we all were left with the impression that she was NOT happy! I don't understand why you take offense to this conversation.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I wish happiness to Countess of Frederiksborg and her husband. However, I do not like her wedding ensemble. In my old-fashion view, she should have chosen something simple, yet refined.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
No, there were 90 family and friends, of which 30 were invited for dinner.
Really?

I thought there were 90 guests who attended the ceremony in the church, and 30 more guests were invited to the reception. So that makes totally 120 guests for dinner.

But maybe you are right.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophus
GOSH!

In the new edition of Billed Bladet I have just seen a large picture of the engagement ring with a big square-cut diamond. How is it possible that Martin has paid for that?

How much does Martin earn per month? Your estimation?
I am just curious.
Usually photographers don´t have stable income.
Maybe his parents bought that ring.
Or maybe the diamond was false?? (ok, I know this sounds like a stupid theory...)
Old 03-13-2007, 04:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike
Really?

I thought there were 90 guests who attended the ceremony in the church, and 30 more guests were invited to the reception. So that makes totally 120 guests for dinner.

But maybe you are right.
No - 120 guests for dinner. The church only held 90, and then 30 extra were invited for the dinner.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike
How much does Martin earn per month? Your estimation?
I am just curious.
Usually photographers don´t have stable income.
Maybe his parents bought that ring.
Or maybe the diamond was false?? (ok, I know this sounds like a stupid theory...)
It's difficult to guess Martin's income; but still his parents have a company that has been hired several times by the Danish royal famíly to do documentaries etc. - that firm may actually be doing quite well - and who knows if Martin is being lined up as a partner since he already works there.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
I think we all have preconceptions of what a bride should look like - preconceptions that most likely date sixty years back or longer. I don't know about you all, but when I think of "brides" I think of girls in their twenties or early thirties...I don't exactly think of forty-year-old mothers of two. Let's face it, the second type is as common today as the first, so maybe it's time we told our subconscious to move on a bit and accept that you can marry in a white dress even if you're not a demure virgin, 22 years old.
Well, let's face the facts: Alexandra in a tasteful, pale-blue suit and church hat would warrant an "oh, yes, how nice" from us...

On the other hand, a wedding dress does receive more attention, and generally makes the event more special. I think as well that many brides today who have traversed the aisle before decide to wear a wedding gown to make the second event as significant as the first. To wear a simple suit would be to downgrade her wedding and her new husband.

And, I should like to say that for a woman of her age, she puts many 22-year-old virgins to shame with her beauty. Perhaps some of the dumpy first-timers should seek out a blue suit before making snow beasts of themselves.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by qui mal y pense
(much nicer gown than the Geisha girl look the first time around!).
I can't say I love your choice of words, my friend.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophus
GOSH!

Do you think he's too broke to get her something that nice? That's how I took that comment. I am sure he saved up to get it for her....isn't that what most people do when they want to buy something but don't have enough at the moment to buy it right away?
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Aristocracy

I don´t know if you girls also watch the American TV-Serie "Desperate Housewives."

Many people think that the bride should wear a nice suite but not a white dress with veil if she gets married for the second time.

However, in "Desperate Housewives", Bree (Marcia Gross) chose to wear a white dress with veil COVERING her face for her second wedding in the church.

I think nowadays the rule is not so strict as before. I agree that the bride can wear whatever she likes and she can choose to wear a white dress in order not to downgrade her wedding. And I think this is important and fair for her second husband. (As in the case of Alexandra)
Old 03-15-2007, 05:22 AM
Royal Highness

According to TV2's website (TV 2 Vip - Martin får ikke en klejne) a declaration of separate property between countess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen has just been registered with a court in Århus.

According to the article, everything the pair has brought into the marriage or will acquire during the marriage whether in the form of work, gifts or inheritance will be separate property.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane
According to TV2's website (TV 2 Vip - Martin får ikke en klejne) a declaration of separate property between countess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen has just been registered with a court in Århus.

According to the article, everything the pair has brought into the marriage or will acquire during the marriage whether in the form of work, gifts or inheritance will be separate property.
It´s nice to know that Alexandras jewllery won´t be getting a new owner in case of a divorce betwen Alexandra and Martin..

Old 03-15-2007, 06:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
It´s nice to know that Alexandras jewllery won´t be getting a new owner in case of a divorce betwen Alexandra and Martin.
Indeed. And somehow I just cannot imagine that there hasn't been made an agreement of some kind with the royal house that e.g. the tiara must be secured for Nikolai or Felix - to keep it in the family.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
It´s nice to know that Alexandras jewllery won´t be getting a new owner in case of a divorce betwen Alexandra and Martin..
Oh dear. How tacky.

Can we at least leave enough time for the bouquet to fade and dry out before we start speculating on the division matrimonial property in the event of their divorce.