Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, and Martin Jørgensen March 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heike said:
Ok. We know now who designed her wedding dress.
I´d really like to know who did her hairdo and her make-up.
Does anybody have an idea?
Helle Bach, who's one of Denmark's VIP stylists and have worked in film and television, and a friend of Martin, according to Billedbladet. http://www.billedbladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=5030

Prince Joachim saw the media coverage of his ex-wife's wedding.
Joachim was out handing out prizes for the Young Researchers Finale on Monday, and few of the press wanted to know his opinions on what he was out there to do - but were more interested in his opinions on the wedding.

He staunchly refused to say anything, but then a brief: "Of course I saw it"- slipped out.

http://www.bt.dk/article/20070306/ROYALT/70306001

It always has to be awkward when one's ex-spouse remarries, and people continually throw the fact in your face, no matter how well adapted to the idea you are.

norwegianne said:
Helle Bach, who's one of Denmark's VIP stylists and have worked in film and television, and a friend of Martin, according to Billedbladet. Helle gør Alexandra klar ... Billed-Bladet: Danmarks Royale Ugeblad...

Prince Joachim saw the media coverage of his ex-wife's wedding.
Joachim was out handing out prizes for the Young Researchers Finale on Monday, and few of the press wanted to know his opinions on what he was out there to do - but were more interested in his opinions on the wedding.

He staunchly refused to say anything, but then a brief: "Of course I saw it"- slipped out.

B.T. online avis nyheder, politik, sport, underholdning

Thank you very much for your information!

I don´t know how famous Helle Bach is in Denmark, but I have to say that although Alexandra looked generally radiant and happy and lovely, the hairdo and make-up were not my taste. But her wedding dress was fantastic! And her shoes, too. (You can see her shoes clearly in some of the wedding pictures, especially in those when she walked up or down the stairs, as I remember. They were also champagne.)

Besides, I find Joachim´s reaction interesting.
He said, "of course I saw it." But he wasn´t among the guests on her wedding day. So...he meant that he has watched TV at home or he has read the related reports on newspapers and magazines?
Hmm, I think maybe we can discuss a bit about his psychology.
About why he didn´t attend the wedding? (It could be simply because he wasn´t invited.)
And about why he was still curious about Alexandra´s wedding although he wasn´t there. (He said, of course I saw it.)

Well, I hope that I can read Danish.
It´ll be nice if somebody can translate the coming reports about Alexandra´s wedding on Saturday.

Were there any royal wedding guests? Royal as in friends that she may still have since the divorce or in this situation would they not be able to go?
Why on earth would she wear a necklace that her ex husband gave her on her wedding day? If I were her new husband I would be very upset. The only thing I can think of is maybe it was really a gift from her sons?

white or ivory dress, veil or no veil. . . its her wedding, she can wear whatever she wants to and we can't change that.

seems like after her announcement of getting married, more and more people are critizing her? when she was still a princess, everyone says she a perfect princess, now. . . this. don't understand why. i know we have the freedom of speech, but sometimes it really hurts to see what those people said about her. i wonder if they were in her shoes, how will they feel if people starts critizing them like they did right now to her?

p/s. as long as she's happy, the little princes are happy, martin's happy & joachim's happy, that's all it matters.

lashinka2002 said:
Were there any royal wedding guests? Royal as in friends that she may still have since the divorce or in this situation would they not be able to go?
Why on earth would she wear a necklace that her ex husband gave her on her wedding day? If I were her new husband I would be very upset. The only thing I can think of is maybe it was really a gift from her sons?

Lashinka2002, it was just an assumption that the necklace was a gift from Joachim. Just an Assumption. Nobody knows exactly who bought that necklace. It could also be possible that Alexandra bought that necklace for herself.

elle said:
white or ivory dress, veil or no veil. . . its her wedding, she can wear whatever she wants to and we can't change that.

seems like after her announcement of getting married, more and more people are critizing her? when she was still a princess, everyone says she a perfect princess, now. . . this. don't understand why. i know we have the freedom of speech, but sometimes it really hurts to see what those people said about her. i wonder if they were in her shoes, how will they feel if people starts critizing them like they did right now to her?

p/s. as long as she's happy, the little princes are happy, martin's happy & joachim's happy, that's all it matters.

Elle, I have the same feelings. You can also see changes on this forum.
Very interesting psychology.

Heike said:
Elle, I have the same feelings. You can also see changes on this forum.
Very interesting psychology.
Very interesting indeed- it probably applies to all royals too. ;)

I thought the dress was OK but the veil was unusual for a second wedding though lovely- why not use that delightful voile as a long coat over the evening style dress and then she would not have looked odd in a situation where she was sleeveless and others around her wearing winter jackets:rolleyes:.

lashinka2002 said:
Were there any royal wedding guests?

No, there were 90 family and friends, of which 30 were invited for dinner.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looked so lovely, radiant and happy (much nicer gown than the Geisha girl look the first time around!). The boys looked very happy too. I hope this marriage will last and that she will be happy!

GOSH!

In the new edition of Billed Bladet I have just seen a large picture of the engagement ring with a big square-cut diamond. How is it possible that Martin has paid for that?

:flowers:

I love Alexandra's dress, and she looks so happy. Her little boys are so precious.

Happy, happy, happy

Can we stop that endless talking about her looking happy. She´s only a few days married for heaven´s sake!
If she still looks happy, lets say in four years, then that´s a possibility....

Stefanie said:
Can we stop that endless talking about her looking happy. She´s only a few days married for heaven´s sake!

Why is talk of Alexandra looking happy so distasteful to you? Would you rather she and Martin looked totally disgusted with each other?

Stefanie said:

That's what people see right now. If 4 years down the road they are less happy, we can have another thread :lol:.

I think it would be far more alarming if we all were left with the impression that she was NOT happy! I don't understand why you take offense to this conversation.

Stefanie said:

I wish happiness to Countess of Frederiksborg and her husband. However, I do not like her wedding ensemble. In my old-fashion view, she should have chosen something simple, yet refined.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
No, there were 90 family and friends, of which 30 were invited for dinner.

Really?

I thought there were 90 guests who attended the ceremony in the church, and 30 more guests were invited to the reception. So that makes totally 120 guests for dinner.

But maybe you are right.

Sophus said:
GOSH!

In the new edition of Billed Bladet I have just seen a large picture of the engagement ring with a big square-cut diamond. How is it possible that Martin has paid for that?

How much does Martin earn per month? Your estimation?
I am just curious.
Usually photographers don´t have stable income.
Maybe his parents bought that ring.
Or maybe the diamond was false?? (ok, I know this sounds like a stupid theory...)

Heike said:
Really?

I thought there were 90 guests who attended the ceremony in the church, and 30 more guests were invited to the reception. So that makes totally 120 guests for dinner.

But maybe you are right.
No - 120 guests for dinner. The church only held 90, and then 30 extra were invited for the dinner.

Heike said:
How much does Martin earn per month? Your estimation?
I am just curious.
Usually photographers don´t have stable income.
Maybe his parents bought that ring.
Or maybe the diamond was false?? (ok, I know this sounds like a stupid theory...)
It's difficult to guess Martin's income; but still his parents have a company that has been hired several times by the Danish royal famíly to do documentaries etc. - that firm may actually be doing quite well - and who knows if Martin is being lined up as a partner since he already works there.

Smilla said:
I think we all have preconceptions of what a bride should look like - preconceptions that most likely date sixty years back or longer. I don't know about you all, but when I think of "brides" I think of girls in their twenties or early thirties...I don't exactly think of forty-year-old mothers of two. Let's face it, the second type is as common today as the first, so maybe it's time we told our subconscious to move on a bit and accept that you can marry in a white dress even if you're not a demure virgin, 22 years old.

Well, let's face the facts: Alexandra in a tasteful, pale-blue suit and church hat would warrant an "oh, yes, how nice" from us...

On the other hand, a wedding dress does receive more attention, and generally makes the event more special. I think as well that many brides today who have traversed the aisle before decide to wear a wedding gown to make the second event as significant as the first. To wear a simple suit would be to downgrade her wedding and her new husband.

And, I should like to say that for a woman of her age, she puts many 22-year-old virgins to shame with her beauty. Perhaps some of the dumpy first-timers should seek out a blue suit before making snow beasts of themselves.

Sophus said:
GOSH!

Do you think he's too broke to get her something that nice? That's how I took that comment. I am sure he saved up to get it for her....isn't that what most people do when they want to buy something but don't have enough at the moment to buy it right away?

I don´t know if you girls also watch the American TV-Serie "Desperate Housewives."

Many people think that the bride should wear a nice suite but not a white dress with veil if she gets married for the second time.

However, in "Desperate Housewives", Bree (Marcia Gross) chose to wear a white dress with veil COVERING her face for her second wedding in the church.

I think nowadays the rule is not so strict as before. I agree that the bride can wear whatever she likes and she can choose to wear a white dress in order not to downgrade her wedding. And I think this is important and fair for her second husband. (As in the case of Alexandra)

According to TV2's website (TV 2 Vip - Martin får ikke en klejne) a declaration of separate property between countess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen has just been registered with a court in Århus.

According to the article, everything the pair has brought into the marriage or will acquire during the marriage whether in the form of work, gifts or inheritance will be separate property.

UserDane said:
According to TV2's website (TV 2 Vip - Martin får ikke en klejne) a declaration of separate property between countess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen has just been registered with a court in Århus.

According to the article, everything the pair has brought into the marriage or will acquire during the marriage whether in the form of work, gifts or inheritance will be separate property.

It´s nice to know that Alexandras jewllery won´t be getting a new owner in case of a divorce betwen Alexandra and Martin..

H.M. Margrethe said:
It´s nice to know that Alexandras jewllery won´t be getting a new owner in case of a divorce betwen Alexandra and Martin.
Indeed. And somehow I just cannot imagine that there hasn't been made an agreement of some kind with the royal house that e.g. the tiara must be secured for Nikolai or Felix - to keep it in the family.

H.M. Margrethe said:
It´s nice to know that Alexandras jewllery won´t be getting a new owner in case of a divorce betwen Alexandra and Martin..
Oh dear. How tacky. :sick:

Can we at least leave enough time for the bouquet to fade and dry out before we start speculating on the division matrimonial property in the event of their divorce. :censored:

Back
Top Bottom