Princess Elizabeth of Greece and Count Carl Theodor of Toerring-Jettenbach 1934

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uriel

Commoner
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Hi, does anyone have the photos for the wedding of Princess Elizabeth of Greece and Denmark and Count Carl Theodor of Toerring-Jettenbach in 1934? Elizabeth and her sisters, Marina and Olga were considered great beauties.
Thanks!

Thank you for posting that beautiful picture, but Princess Elisabeth was the sister of the Duke of Edinburgh, not of Olga and Marina (she was IMO first cousin to that ladies)

Thank you for posting that beautiful picture, but Princess Elisabeth was the sister of the Duke of Edinburgh, not of Olga and Marina (she was IMO first cousin to that ladies)

No Uriel was right, Elisabeth was sister to Marina and Olga.

thank you for the photo. are there any more photos? thanks in advance.

Elisabeth

My bandwith problems are resolved, so you can see the picture again

Hot thanks for these pictures , they were missing on my list.
On the first row next to Princess Elena of Greece is it our Queen Astrid one year before she died ??

Princess Elisabeth was the sister of the Duke of Edinburgh, not of Olga and Marina (she was IMO first cousin to that ladies)
Prince Philip's sisters, the daughters of Prince Andrew and Princess Alice of Battenberg:

• Margarita, married Gottfried, 8th Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
• Theodora, married Berthold, Margrave of Baden
• Cecile, married Georg, Hereditary Grand Duke of Hesse and by Rhine. (Family largely wiped out in a plane crash in 1937 in the great tragedy of the Hesse-Darmstadts)
• Sophie, married Prince Christoph of Hesse and after he died, Prince Georg of Hanover

The daughters of Prince Nicholas and GD Helen of Russia:

• Olga, married Prince Paul of Yugoslavia
• Elisabeth, married Carl Theodor, Count zu Toerring-Jettenbach
• Marina, married George, Duke of Kent

Does anyone know the provenance of the wedding tiara that Princess Elisabeth wore?
Here's a photo on this link:
File:princess Elizabeth of Greece.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It looks so similar to her sister Princess Marina's wedding fringe tiara given by the City of London.

Princess Marina married the Duke of Kent on Nov. 29, 1934 while Princess Elisabeth married Count of Toerring-Jettenbach on Jan. 10, 1934. So these are two separate tiaras. Wonder what happened to Princess Elisabeth's fringe tiara.

It is the fringe tiara of her mother, Princess Helen of Greece, née Grand Duchess of Russia and now it belongs to her Elisabeth's daughter Archduchess Helen of Austria. It was worn by Helen and her daughter Sophie on their Wedding Days.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the fringe tiara of her mother, Princess Helen of Greece, née Grand Duchess of Russia and now it belongs to her Elisabeth's daughter Archduchess Helen of Austria. It was worn by Helen and her daughter Sophie on their Wedding Days.

Thanks for the information. Are there any photos of Helen and Sophie wearing this fringe tiara? I'm glad it's still in the family.

Princess Elizabeth of Greece's tiara was referred to as the Vladimir Fringe Tiara.

Very interesting Picture Blog Real of the lest known Princess of Greece.
Difficult to indentify but I saw on the first Row Crown Princess Cecilia of Prussia.

Very interesting Picture Blog Real of the lest known Princess of Greece.
Difficult to indentify but I saw on the first Row Crown Princess Cecilia of Prussia.
Cecilie of Prussia was there

It is what I wrote , can you indentify the other guests ?
Her parents Grand Duchess Helene and Prince Nicholas are next to her. I think behind Cecilie is Paul of Greece, the grooms mother, Duchess Sophie in Bavaria is next to her son, Carl-Theodor, the lady next to Grand duchess Helen looks like Antonia of Luxembourg.

Back
Top Bottom