Thanks Warren! I didnt know that Els Smit started her own blog. She is one of the few Dutch royalty commentators who have something interesting to say/write!
Some interesting info from the article:
- the bride was escorted to church by her father and by her brother in law King Willem III of the Netherlands.
- the groom had to use a stick due to his recovery from a heamophilic attack.
- according to the dutch lady-in-waiting, the decolette of most guests was rather low
- Queen Emma of The Netherlands (sister of Helen) paid for the dress.
- princess Beatrice wore a dress that previously belonged to Catherine of Aragon (1st wife of Henry VIII)