The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Commoner

some old ottoman pictures
princess durruchehvar and princess niloufers wedding picture with the sons of the nizam of hyderabad in 1931 in nice/france
Halife Abdülmecid'in k (flickr)

another picture from the wedding of princess durrusehvar and princess niloufer with the princes of hyderabad from gettyimages
The Wedding Party After The Marriage At Nice Of The

the wedding of princess naciye of ottoman and enver pascha in 1914 in istanbul
http://www.resimyukle.com.tr/view/16069

some wedding pictures of princess fatma ulviye of ottoman in istanbul 1916 the daughter of Mehmed VI
http://e1203.hizliresim.com/v/4/37p0g.jpg
http://e1203.hizliresim.com/v/4/37p1b.jpg
http://e1203.hizliresim.com/v/4/37p4r.jpg

the wedding from princess fevziye of ottoman with husain hayri in egypt 1948
http://www.forumforfree.com/forums/u...1235331659.jpg

the wedding of princess neslisah of ottoman who is the granddaughter of the last caliph abdulmecid and the last sultan mehmed VI with prince abdulmunim of egypt in 26.september.1940
http://www.egyptedantan.com/famille_...el%20Monem.jpg

Old 03-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Commoner

the wedding of princess mihrimah of ottman and prince nayef of jordan in 1940 in amman/jordan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mihrimah.jpg
Views:	1162
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	283783  

Old 03-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkisla View Post
some old ottoman pictures
princess durruchehvar and princess niloufers wedding picture with the sons of the nizam of hyderabad in 1931 in nice/france - Halife Abdülmecid'in k (flickr)
the wedding of princess naciye of ottoman and enver pascha in 1914 in istanbul - http://www.resimyukle.com.tr/view/16069

Princess Durru Shehvar was the daughter of Caliph Abdulmecid II, a cousin of Mehmed VI, whereas her husband - Azam Jah - was the son (eldest, I believe) of the last Nizam of Hyderabad. Princess Niloufer's mother was Adile Sutlan, the daughter of Mehmed Selahaddin, himself the eldest son of Sultan Murad V. Her husband was the second son of the last Nizam of Hyderabad.
I was wondering at the significance of the double union. Two of the most prominent Ottoman Princesses married the sons and heirs of the Nizam of Hyderabad; was there any specific reason for this?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkisla View Post
Who was Princess Ulviye? I know Princess Fatma Ulviye, the daughter of Mehmed VI with Emine Nazikeda. However, she only got married in 1916 to Damat Ismail Beyefendi.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Princess Durru Shehvar was the daughter of Caliph Abdulmecid II, a cousin of Mehmed VI, whereas her husband - Azam Jah - was the son (eldest, I believe) of the last Nizam of Hyderabad. Princess Niloufer's mother was Adile Sutlan, the daughter of Mehmed Selahaddin, himself the eldest son of Sultan Murad V. Her husband was the second son of the last Nizam of Hyderabad.
I was wondering at the significance of the double union. Two of the most prominent Ottoman Princesses married the sons and heirs of the Nizam of Hyderabad; was there any specific reason for this?
they married the nizams sons because the princess lived in exile and wasn`t wealth.
the most princesses marries princes of other ruling royal familys because they haven'T money. sorry for bad english .
Old 03-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Commoner

wedding photo of princess selma of ottoman and the raja of kotwara in 1937.
the picture is from facebook
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	264171_225488464145363_139310402763170_819734_6768587_n.jpg
Views:	1996
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	283784  
Old 03-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia

Hello. Is this couple the parents of the heroe of the book of Kenize Mourad, "from the dead princess"? Magnificent story.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkisla
wedding photo of princess selma of ottoman and the raja of kotwara in 1937.
the picture is from facebook
Or these ones? They said that is a true story and the dates match!
Old 03-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Commoner

the last picture is the parents of kenize mourad
Old 03-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Hello. Is this couple the parents of the heroe of the book of Kenize Mourad, "from the dead princess"? Magnificent story.
No, I'm afraid not. This picture posted by sarkisla does, however feature Kenzie Mourad's parents - Princess Selma and the Raja of Kotwara.

Kenzie Mourad is the daughter of Princess Selma, herself the daughter of Hadice (or Hatidje) Sultana - one of the daughters of the last Ottoman Sultan Murad V. Her father was an Indian Rajah.
Kenzie Moourad's mother, Princess Selma, was first cousins once removed with the second lady mentioned in my post, Princess Niloufer; Selma's mother - Hadice Sultana, and Niloufer's grandfather - Mehmed Selahaddin, were siblings. Selma was also second cousins with Princess Durru Shehvar.

The book was indeed very entertaining; I read it about six years ago and rather enjoyed it.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Commoner

1. another picture of princess durrusehvar
2.princess neslisah of ottoman who marries prince abdulmunim of egypt in 26.09.1940
3.picture ist the wedding of princess hanzadeh sister or princess neslisah who marries prince mehmed ali ibrahim of egypt in 19.09.1940

i cut the pictures from a video about the ottoman in exile
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dürrüsehvar.jpg
Views:	1529
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	283800   Click image for larger version

Name:	neslisah.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	283801   Click image for larger version

Name:	hanzade.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	283802  
Old 03-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Commoner

the wedding of princess sabiha sultan of ottoman (daughter of the last sultan mehmed VI) and prince ömer faruk efendi of ottoman (son of the last caliph prince abdulmecid of ottoman). They were a distance cousins and the wedding was in 1920 in istanbul before the ottomans were exiled. they are the parents of princess neslisah and princess hanzade.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sabiha sultan.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	283808  
Old 03-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Commoner

the wedding of princess emine nemika esin sultan in 1911 in istanbul before the exile. she was the granddaughter of sultan abdulhamid II.
in my opinion she has one of the beuatifullest bride
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nemika sultan.jpg
Views:	3518
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	283810   Click image for larger version

Name:	nemika 2.jpg
Views:	885
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	283811   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1870
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	283813  
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Gentry

she was beautiful and her jewels are fab a very modest bride
Old 03-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Commoner

her bridal grown was very beautiful i love it , yes her jewels are fab but i think the jewels are solt to the arabs or something like that
Old 03-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I absolutely love those pictures; such wonderful reminders of bygone era!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Commoner

the wedding of princess fatma fethiye hanimsultan in exile in the 30s
she was the first child of princess nemika sultan
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fatma fethiye hanimsultan.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	283899  
Old 03-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerminSultan View Post
i agree with artemisia the pictures are awesome :)
the most of the pictures are from the exiled princesses who marries prince from other nations
have you , wedding pictures before the exile and from the ottoman prince
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of Ottoman weddings; you will have to ask sarkisla, who appears to have a wonderful collection of Ottoman wedding pictures.
Sarkisla has already posted pictures from the wedding of Princess Emine Nemika Esin Sultan, daughter of Prince Sehzade Mehmed Selim Osmanoglu Efendi, himself the eldest son of Abdul Hamid II. Those pictures are from pre-exile era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerminSultan View Post
i know that mustafa kemal ataturk want to marry her but she loves prince ömer farouk efendi, but the marriage end with a divorce. She was one of the beautifulest princesses on her time.
If I am not mistaken, Sabiha Sultan met Mustafa Kemal - then a young hero of the Dardanelles - in Iran. Wasn't he considered her suitor for some time?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Serene Highness

i found two pictures
first ist from egy-plus.com it ist the wedding of princess lutfiye in 1930 in cairo
the second photo is from princess naciye in 1914
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	wedding-1.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	287961   Click image for larger version

Name:	naciye.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	287962  
Old 02-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Serene Highness

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater prince osman selahaddin osmanoglu´s first marriage with miss athena in england ca.1966