BBC History and Pathe News have both released Royal Weddings Collections

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason87

City
London
Country
United Kingdom
I follow the British Pathe archive on Facebook and their archivists have just released their collection of Royal Weddings footage, literally EVERYTHING is in there. My favourites so far are the making of Royal Weddings cakes in the 1930s and 1950s!

The Royal Weddings Collection - British Pathe

If anyone knows anything interesting about these clips then please do share!

I loved one of one of the page boys, I think William of Gloucester, as he died young, I can't remember what happened. If you find that one then please do share it.

Also, if this Weddings Collection should be in a different forum then please move it to the right place, sorry, thanks!

Jason

William of Gloucester died in the crash of a plane he was piloting.

I loved one of one of the page boys, I think William of Gloucester, as he died young, I can't remember what happened.

BBC: A History of Royal Weddings

Received from the BBC
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From the BBC History website, their latest collection: 'A History of Royal Weddings':

BBC - A History of Royal Weddings (pictures, video, facts & news)

There's pages and embeddable archive clips for each of the major British royal weddings from the last 100 years,

from
George VI's in 1923:

Duke of York & Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon 1923

to
Charles and Diana in 1981:

Prince of Wales & Lady Diana Spencer 1981

and
Engagement clips for William and Catherine
:

Prince William & Catherine Middleton Engagement 2010

Simon Delafond | BBC Vision MPP - History
MC3 A4, Media Centre, 201 Wood Lane, London, W12 7TQ

I really like the footage of the wedding of the future George VI and Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon,even though its less than minute long its interesting to watch .Pity we didn't get a wave from Queen Mary!

Back
Top Bottom