The van Vollenhoven Family, Current Events & Pictures Part 1 (December 2005 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, this is some dubious publicity for the 'fringe' royals. IMHO not the best move, PR -wise though I understand that they think it is fun to join in. However I find it questionable that as such the RF is associated with soap-actors and other celebreties that join in. Furthermore such a race is a rather extravagant and expensive thing to, which doesn't reflect well either.

Already read a few angry letters in newspapers, calling the unfortunate driver Prince Pieter-Crashtiaan, referring to how the taxpayers are paying money for his protection while is jeopardising his own life, talking about the waste of money, elitist sports and environmental effect of such cars. Also a reference was made to his father, who has dedicated much of his life to safer traffic.

Marengo said:
Well, this is some dubious publicity for the 'fringe' royals. IMHO not the best move, PR -wise though I understand that they think it is fun to join in. However I find it questionable that as such the RF is associated with soap-actors and other celebreties that join in. Furthermore such a race is a rather extravagant and expensive thing to, which doesn't reflect well either.

Nonsens!It's sponsored from A to Z,the tax payer doesn't loose a penny on it.Before people/certain rags,make any comment they better get their facts right.It's shortsighted bashing just for the sake of bashing by people with equal views outside their own territory.It is calvinist frumpyness avant lá lettre and that's not my cup of tea at all,far from it..

The Princes have a racing permit,and they love the sport,"Team Orange".And as far as celibrities are concerned,Chris Zeegers is a friend of the family since long,he attended the weddings of the Apeldoorn branche.It's this reporting that makes it seem more then it is,rags reporting that is,and I'm not into that.At all.

And another thing,driving the highways is more of a jeopardy,to anyone.

Last edited:
well, some arguments are nonsens indeed, but I do think it is questionable if we want our royals to mingle to much with celebrities. It is already a thin line between royalty and celebrity, and I do not like to see them mixed up. Simulary I don't like Sarah Fergusson dragging her daughters to Kate Moss etc. Apart from my feeling that such people will hardly have a good effect on young adults, I feel that such a thing also minimises the division between rotyalty and celebrity.

Anyway, this is of course an exception to the rule, but I hope they won't make it a tradition.

As posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

Two imo nice photos of Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène and Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven
at a fundraising gala for the Ronald McDonald's Childrens House (yes, the one of the Big Macs...) in Amsterdam.
Who sees any marital problems between Maurits and Marilène? And if so they must be the perfect actors.
wink.gif

Ed Nijpels, Mrs. Jet Nijpels, HH Princess Marilene, HH Prince Maurits

HH Princess Annette, HH Prince Bernhard jr.

(Photos De Telegraaf)

Marco Borsato (Dutch singer) with Prince Maurits & his wife and Prince Bernhard jr. & his wife (the other two people are friends of them: Emilie & Jeroen Pit-van Karnebeek).

Marco Borsato - officiële website --> Ik ben te gast bij Trijntje Oosterhuis! (Click on 'Lees verder') --> Scroll below till the last photo.

Annette seemed to have lost some weight, she looks very good (as usual).

[FONT=verdana, arial] Princes Floris, Bernhard and Pieter-Christiaan attended a concert given by three very popular Dutch singers this weekend at the ArenA stadium: René Froger, Gordon and Gerard Joling.[/FONT]

Marengo said:

LOL,I know what you're thinking dear Marengo.....:lol:

But,as in other cases that might have raised your eye-brows,attending culturel events is one thing the van Vollenhoven family is keen at,even tho it might not be our choice/taste,it apparently is to millions,(don't drop your jaws,there's a draft)and they emphasize that part of culturel life as well.:angel:

Well, after the shock that the Crownprince likes Rene Froger and even went to concerts of him, this episode hardly surprises me ;). But I can't stand either of the three (singers that is, not princes ;)).

Anita was also present at the concert in the Arena.

And so was Aimee. The van Tellingens have pictures of the couples on their website. They were taken under the Amsterdam Arena, in the parking garage...

Prince Maurits and Prince Pieter-Christiaan attended a farewell voyage of the prize winning sailing boat Black Betty (of the ABN-AMRO team).
Source: Telegraaf

Pieter & Pieter-Christiaan attended the Koninkrijkgames in The Hague on July 21st

PPE Agency

:flowers:

This one Vollenhoven was Bernhard? I had thought it was Maurits. They resembles each other very good!

Yes, I had the same reaction, as we usually see Bernhard only with glasses on, but without them he looks very much like his older brother (and also like his mother IMO).

Prince Maurits and Prince Bernhard & families will open the exhibition 'Toys at het Loo' on Sturday mornign 1 November. The toys of the RF from the 19th century to now will be the topic of the exhibition.

Article in Dutch here.

Last edited:
This is a very unique idea for an exhibition! I would be very interested in seeing the toys of the RF. I hope that we will see photos of the toys as well as the RF.

Prince Maurits, Prince Bernhard, and their families opened the toy exhibit on November 1.
PPE Agency
Here is the link it is one of the first choices. Lots of great pictures!

Very sweet photo! The children are adorable.

Nice to see the kids again!!! Samuel is soooooooo cute! :wub:

Lovely to see some pictures of them. They make far to little public appearances!!

Many pictures of the opening of the exhibition by Reni van Maren, look here.

Thank you, Marengo. I was hoping to be able to see some photos of the toys that were exhibited, and these photos clearly show some of the toys. I also enjoyed seeing the photos that were exhibited. That little red car is adorable! Any young child would have loved to be able to drive such a neat car.

Prince Pieter-Christiaan, Prince Floris and Princess Aimee also attended the premiere of the movie 'Wit Licht', yesterday at Tuschinski cinema in Amsterdam.

Picture: click here.

Back
Top Bottom