The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Princess Margriet, Prof. van Vollenhoven and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
I watched a part of the 65th birthday celebrations of media tycoon Joop van den Ende on television and I noticed that HH Princes Maurits, Pieter-Christiaan and Floris were attending the event with their wives. I could not find any pictures of them sadly, but maybe somebody else can.
I am surprised that they go to an event like that, I would be bored to death. Maybe because vd Ende creates a lot of jobs and amusement or perhaps they just really like shows like that.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I was wondering about that to, but their father sometimes attend openings of musicals to, so...

Old 03-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Commoner

on the royal weblog Huize van Vollenhoven are pics from that event bij Joop van den Ende
Old 03-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Ah, even Bernhard and Annette were there. They all dressed well IMHO. Thanks for posting the link, anneke.

Well, at least they were seated in the main box, near Joop himself, Maria van der Hoeven and mayor Deetman of The Hague, not with the soap actors et all :)
Old 03-21-2007, 04:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
According to today's (sunday) Telegraaf there was an akward silence during the Stuyvesant Ball. Traditionally the people there toast on the heads of state of The Netherlands and the USA but when a toast to the American President was made most of the public remained silent.
there you go, amazing too because as far as I know most in the invited guests are conservative, the most succesful dutch in new york mainly from the financial world.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Prince Bernhard jr. and Prince Pieter-Christiaan will have their debute at the 'Paasraces' (Easter Races) on April 9th.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Administrator

What race will that be? one with cars? I never heard of it before, did anybody else?
Old 04-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Serene Highness

I think they mean the Mille Miglia in Italy, a famous annual rally. Funny how I was talking the other day with a friend who says that car racing is the new sport for the elite, replacing golf! is this proof or what?

Mille Miglia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

article in Dutch with quotes from the Vollenhoven bro's:

De Stentor
Old 04-07-2007, 04:36 AM
Majesty

The Mille Miglia is an Italian classic,not so much for speed,but for the parade of classic cars.Brescia,Ferrara,Rome and back to Brescia.Prince Bernhard and his team mate Chris Zeegers will drive a Porsche 356A Speedster from 1956.

This Easter monday "The Racing Team Orange" participates in the BMW 130i Cup at Zandvoort,and it will be their first big race.Both have a racing license since years and practise on a regular basis at the Zandvoort cirquit.

More here,courtesy HJA.

http://www.royalblog.nl/
Old 04-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn
Prince Bernhard jr. and Prince Pieter-Christiaan will have their debute at the 'Paasraces' (Easter Races) on April 9th.
PC had an accident with an other participant but no hurt!
from anp
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Pics from PPE
PPE Agency

Bernhard's family.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:26 AM
Administrator

Well, this is some dubious publicity for the 'fringe' royals. IMHO not the best move, PR -wise though I understand that they think it is fun to join in. However I find it questionable that as such the RF is associated with soap-actors and other celebreties that join in. Furthermore such a race is a rather extravagant and expensive thing to, which doesn't reflect well either.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:19 AM
Administrator

Already read a few angry letters in newspapers, calling the unfortunate driver Prince Pieter-Crashtiaan, referring to how the taxpayers are paying money for his protection while is jeopardising his own life, talking about the waste of money, elitist sports and environmental effect of such cars. Also a reference was made to his father, who has dedicated much of his life to safer traffic.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Well, this is some dubious publicity for the 'fringe' royals. IMHO not the best move, PR -wise though I understand that they think it is fun to join in. However I find it questionable that as such the RF is associated with soap-actors and other celebreties that join in. Furthermore such a race is a rather extravagant and expensive thing to, which doesn't reflect well either.
Nonsens!It's sponsored from A to Z,the tax payer doesn't loose a penny on it.Before people/certain rags,make any comment they better get their facts right.It's shortsighted bashing just for the sake of bashing by people with equal views outside their own territory.It is calvinist frumpyness avant lá lettre and that's not my cup of tea at all,far from it..

The Princes have a racing permit,and they love the sport,"Team Orange".And as far as celibrities are concerned,Chris Zeegers is a friend of the family since long,he attended the weddings of the Apeldoorn branche.It's this reporting that makes it seem more then it is,rags reporting that is,and I'm not into that.At all.

And another thing,driving the highways is more of a jeopardy,to anyone.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:13 AM
Administrator

well, some arguments are nonsens indeed, but I do think it is questionable if we want our royals to mingle to much with celebrities. It is already a thin line between royalty and celebrity, and I do not like to see them mixed up. Simulary I don't like Sarah Fergusson dragging her daughters to Kate Moss etc. Apart from my feeling that such people will hardly have a good effect on young adults, I feel that such a thing also minimises the division between rotyalty and celebrity.

Anyway, this is of course an exception to the rule, but I hope they won't make it a tradition.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Administrator

As posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

Quote:
Two imo nice photos of Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène and Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven
at a fundraising gala for the Ronald McDonald's Childrens House (yes, the one of the Big Macs...) in Amsterdam.
Who sees any marital problems between Maurits and Marilène? And if so they must be the perfect actors.
Ed Nijpels, Mrs. Jet Nijpels, HH Princess Marilene, HH Prince Maurits

HH Princess Annette, HH Prince Bernhard jr.

Quote:
(Photos De Telegraaf)
Old 04-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Aristocracy

Marco Borsato (Dutch singer) with Prince Maurits & his wife and Prince Bernhard jr. & his wife (the other two people are friends of them: Emilie & Jeroen Pit-van Karnebeek).

Marco Borsato - officiële website --> Ik ben te gast bij Trijntje Oosterhuis! (Click on 'Lees verder') --> Scroll below till the last photo.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Annette seemed to have lost some weight, she looks very good (as usual).
Old 06-04-2007, 06:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Princes Floris, Bernhard and Pieter-Christiaan attended a concert given by three very popular Dutch singers this weekend at the ArenA stadium: René Froger, Gordon and Gerard Joling.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
LOL,I know what you're thinking dear Marengo.....

But,as in other cases that might have raised your eye-brows,attending culturel events is one thing the van Vollenhoven family is keen at,even tho it might not be our choice/taste,it apparently is to millions,(don't drop your jaws,there's a draft)and they emphasize that part of culturel life as well.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Well, after the shock that the Crownprince likes Rene Froger and even went to concerts of him, this episode hardly surprises me . But I can't stand either of the three (singers that is, not princes ).